Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He would have to KILL me.

Do you realise what you're saying when you tell me God is punishing your sin?

There IS a penalty for sin. Do you know what it is?

A slap? A caning? Sickness? Accidents? Some other Christian chewing your ear off to teach you a lesson?

I'll tell you - there is ONE punishment for sin - death.
Anything less would not suffice.

So if God is punishing you, you won't last long.

BUT the GOOD NEWS is He is NOT punishing your disobedience! HE IS NOT!

Does anybody know why?

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You will die, in fact depending on the sin you'll die sooner and with a lot pain.

You think a child molestor can do what they want and not suffer on this earth.
They suffer with guilt and fear right from the start.

God is a just God, and you shall reap what you sow because sin causes pain in the sinner and those around them.
You steal a pen, no big deal, you steal 1 million ok now that's a big deal.

Upvote 0

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

A slap? A caning? Sickness? Accidents? Some other Christian chewing your ear off to teach you a lesson?

Does anybody know why?

Do you have lexicon to look up certain words like "Judgment" "Punishment" "Discipline", "warning" etc. to get God's Word on it, and will you use it today to go even further in your study to look up the Hebrew and Greek words to get their true meanings so that then The Holy Ghost can teach you even further? :hug: Your post text is still very carnal - a carnal babe like the Christian's in 1 Cor. 3.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because He took the punishment for us!!!! Thank God!

:clap:

It's just too amazing to believe isn't it?

Oh Lord, thank you thank you.

I am unpunishable because I already got taken to the cross and crucified to death with him 200 years ago.
I am dead!

This life i'm living is not my own, I am bought with a price, I am dead yet in Him I live!

Mercy triumphs over judgement.
All because the wrath of God was satisfied by Jesus, my beautiful, glorious, merciful redeemer!

:cry:

MERCY is the the word that echoes through the eartn today, mercy, Good News, peace, good will to all me on whom His favour rests.

On whom His favour rests - that's us! Not because we did right, but because He chose to do it this way.
Who can fathom? Who can understand?

Upvote 0

jeolmstead

-That’s me in the corner, losing my religion
Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Does anybody know why?

Sue,

That’s brilliant!

(Shine on!)

John O.

Upvote 0

WileyCoyote

Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
✟54,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
"In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: "My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son." Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." (Hebrews 12:4-11)

Upvote 0

jeolmstead

-That’s me in the corner, losing my religion
Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: "My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son." Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." (Hebrews 12:4-11)

One can not deny what the scripture says,

It is true,

But I ask you to remember that God is not a man., and he is certainly not the tyrannical malevolent “Father” that some have known.

Be sensitive therefore in your attempts to prove a point.

Some have a hard time grasping the concept of a “Loving Father”

And “Discipline” is an ambiguous term.

To many, it does not mean “the loving hand of correction”

John O.

Upvote 0

cesty

Philippians 4:19
Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
✟8,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is often assumed that because suffering is present within a person's life that that must mean God is punishing that person for his sins.

This could be true at times; however, it isn't always the case.

So why then would God allow a person to suffer if not to punish him for his sins? What can a person possibly learn from suffering if he hasn't done anything wrong to be deserving of it? In other words, is it necessary? And is the lesson that is to be learned through suffering only for him or could it be for someone else?

I wrote a two part series on the subject of suffering. I think it may help to add further clarity to the subject matter of this thread, and thereby answer some questions that people might have in here about suffering.

Moreover, it may even help to clear up some misconceptions that you might have about God if you are currently suffering from something.

The first part can be found here:

God and the Problem of Suffering - Part 1

And the second part can be found here:

God and the Problem of Suffering - Part 2

Blessings to you...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WileyCoyote

Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
✟54,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

It is true,

But I ask you to remember that God is not a man., and he is certainly not the tyrannical malevolent “Father” that some have known.

John O.
Point taken. However, one must not jump to the opposite extreme and say God will do nothing when one of His children is disobedient. Remember when David sinned and God punished David by having his wife raped before his very eyes? Remember when Miriam sinned and God cursed her with leprosy? How about Ananias and Saphira when they lied to the Apostle Peter and in punishment, God struck them dead? God punishes His children all the time. The Bible proves that over and over.

Upvote 0

WileyCoyote

Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
✟54,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Ananias and Sapphira - show me where it says God killed them? It doesn't.
Or show me where it says they were God's children? It doesn't.
No. I already posted a passage that says God punishes His children.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wasn't aware that punishment for sin was a covenant promise. :scratch:

Yes, look again at the law given to the Israelites - blessed if you're good, cursed if you're bad. That was the covenant of Moses.

We have a better one! :)

Upvote 0

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Can you hear this post (above) The Lord is my banner? All WileyCoyote did is give you Holy Scripture, it must not and shall not be our opinions and feelings which we follow but Christian are given rights to be under The Authority of God's Holy Word. This is when He can bless us with his many blessings (and on into Glory when He returns!), because we He has our whole heart, even when He's brings us discipline and scourgings.

Heb 12:6
6 For when he punishes you, it proves that he loves you. When he whips (GK:mastigoo) you, it proves you are really his child."
TLB

to flog (Gk:mastigoo:3146)
root work: GK:mastix:3148 - a whip, plague, scourging

:wave: That's our Loving Father He beats the hell out of us! :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, look again at the law given to the Israelites - blessed if you're good, cursed if you're bad. That was the covenant of Moses.

We have a better one! :)

Hi there The Lord is my banner,

Your right but many of the covenants we have inherited now that we have been given Grace to Stand with God in Christ Jesus by faith. Haven't you read that in The Scriptures?

The better promises is for one thing like:
Christ is coming to take us to Glory - even above having Blessings here on earth from God when obeying His Word through faith.

But the blessings and the curses are still in force, why do you think Paul, for one, is still instructing us to not steal, to not murder, to astrain from fornication etc. Because if it all went away we would constantly practicing unlawful deeds and we would be workers of lawlessness. And when that happens, Christ Jesus of a truth (it is Written) does not know you or me if we participate in ungodly deeds being lawless and bastards (Ill. children having no Father).

And on a thicker note:
And the old covenant only promised death and hell if you persistantly disobey God and persistantly forsake Him, but even the better promises in the new covenant comes with stricker warning and consequences such as: Eternal Damnation not just stoning to the point of death or an eye for an eye. Etc. etc. etc.

:wave: I can list Scripture here if you want to learn from God's Word personally. ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It is true,

John O.

Heb 12:7 It is for discipline that you endure; God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline? NASU

So, no, no,..dear John,.....that is what is called 'redefining' terms.
It doesn't matter what it means, feels, or how their opinion is about it, you preach and teach God's Word so they will be delivered from what things ~mean to them~ or how they feel about 2+2 etc.

God's Discipline is not for unbelievers, nor do they get a loving hand from God nor should they think that. So your right 'discipline' to unbelievers does not mean "the loving hand of correction" - for they don't even have that. But the Wrath of God abides on them.

Let not a double-minded and at that a non-believer man think that he receives anything from God, they are bastards and not sons so it doesn't apply on a global scale to everyone when your speaking about the Disciple of The Lord.

People won't understand until God saves them.

Now when it comes to a believers:
Disciple is not an ambiguous term it's not of an uncertain nature it doesn't have several possible meanings. That statment is a lie and a false doctrine and makes one, if he speaks like that, a liar. Can you hear this John? When we receive a false doctrine we receive a lie and soon we become liars John. And God has better things for His own than that, even when you receive His discipline and correction.

An Ambiguous term: No dear John, God says what He mean's and means what He says. You can also let Scripture interpret Scripture, if you keep reading through any given topic in God's Word. And if others have God's Holy Spirit, He will let them know what it means in Scripture and even when others speak God's Word. :prayer: We must not ever leave God out of the picture to only replace it with our selves peddling a fleshly compassion. That makes me cry John.

So The Holy Word which spoke The Holy Word "Disciple" does not lack clearness John, it is not an amiguous term - that is the Emergent Global Doctrine and it's a lie.

The discipline of God is neither inconclusive or cloudy or obsure and we must not pet others flesh as appearing to protect them from such wide range terms. That is making man (yourself) a Surpreme god to man - that is an anti-christ spirit. And that is this emergent globlaism that has hocked up with the world John.

God's Word is not a 'term' it is alive and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing of both soul and spirit and bone and marrow, John God's Word is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. If believers are weak in their body or even lack understanding they don't need our fleshly compassion John they need Jesus to go to His Throne of Grace in time of need. Your post is in very much deception, break from all that John and overcome don't just settle for what you've heard from the Emergent Leaders. They are deceivers themselves.

To communicate that Disciple in an ambiguous term is not love but selfishness (putting yourself in the place of God) it's preaching and teaching uncertainity. That spirit is actually practicing heresy on The Word of God.

Lean on your own understanding without god's Wisdom and believe it not.
Or believe and overcome.

"Discipline" (NASU) NT:3809 disciplinary correction: Also, Discipline by punishment:Also, As often beaten with impunity:
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright (c) 1994, Biblesoft and International Bible Translators, Inc.)
1 Cor 9:27
Eph 6:4
Col 2:5
1 Tim 4:6
1 Tim 4:7
1 Tim 4:8
2 Tim 1:7
Heb 12:4
Heb 12:5
Heb 12:7
Heb 12:7
Heb 12:8
Heb 12:9
Heb 12:11
Rev 3:19

"Disciplined" (NASU)
1 Cor 11:32
Heb 12:10

"Disciplines" (NASU)
As often beaten with impunity
Heb 12:6
Heb 12:10

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,971.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You will die, in fact depending on the sin you'll die sooner and with a lot pain.

:eek: What?? Please tell me that you're not saying that the age at which you die depends on the sin you have committed.

Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.