If being homosexual is a sin, then why did God create homosexuals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wade Smith said:
Terrible argument.

The human body is designed for a certain use, namely male-female sex.

So that is the full extent of a human being's worth in God's eyes? Interesting to know.

Wade Smith said:
Similarly, it would be unnatural to have same sex relations, because that is not what the body is designed for.

On that token that is like saying a person born without legs was obviously not divinely designed to walk, therefore being fitted with prosthetic legs would be thwarting God's will.

Wade Smith said:
Every person who has ever been born was the result of a heterosexual union.

Please do some research on various fertility options before making such wild assertions.

Upvote 0

larry_boy_44

Oct 15, 2008
Wisconsin, USA
✟642.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
A. You're talking rhetoricals. B. You're saying words don't mean what they do mean. and C. I don't make assumptions about nonexistent myth figures.

If you don't know why omniscience makes free will illusionary, then you do not understand what you are talking about.

Again, look up what those words mean. If there is an if involved, it does not follow the definition of the word.

you know what's hilarious? You are quoting a post in which I posted the definition of "omniscient" and yet you are telling me I don't know what it means and what you say it means is correct (when teh definition of the word agrees with me).

PLUS, God's knowledge could be like maud'dib's knowledge of the future in Dune. Where He sees every possible path in existence, but doesn't actually know which one we'll take until we take it... We don't know (since we don't know how God works)

Upvote 0

larry_boy_44

Oct 15, 2008
Wisconsin, USA
✟642.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
And that, really, is the end...

God is omniscient, but we don't know what that means. We don't really know HOW God is omniscient, how or if He uses that information, or anything else...

All we know is what we are given in the Bible (if we are to assume the Christian God is real fo rthe sake of discussion), and that is very little. But, from what the Bible gives us, without making logical leaps that we don't have the information to make, we have free will and God is omniscient. We don't know what either of those things really mean in light of the Bible, we know what we think they mean, but that doesn't mean that's how those ideas work with God...

Stop trying to make God human, it doesn't work. The whole reason God seems illogical to you all is because you are trying to make Him human.

Upvote 0

cantata

Queer non-theist, with added jam.
Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Um, "omniscient" is hardly a word on which the dictionary is the final authority.

Theologians and philosophers alike have written entire books on omniscience and how it might be instantiated. Going and looking it up in the dictionary doesn't really cut it. Sorry, everyone.

Upvote 0

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
you know what's hilarious? You are quoting a post in which I posted the definition of "omniscient" and yet you are telling me I don't know what it means and what you say it means is correct (when teh definition of the word agrees with me).

You're also using words like if in reference to this omniscience, which is showing a clear lack of understanding of what the word's definition is. As others have pointed out.

PLUS, God's knowledge could be like maud'dib's knowledge of the future in Dune. Where He sees every possible path in existence, but doesn't actually know which one we'll take until we take it... We don't know (since we don't know how God works)

At least we now see larry is admitting his descriptions are gibberish. If you want to use a word in reference to a deity, then say well that word actually does not mean what it actually means you've said nothing at all and have defaulted to a God of agnosticism.

So any Christian who reads your post, please remember any time you say God is love, good, just,etc. Well we've just seen that you in fact can't.

Upvote 0

larry_boy_44

Oct 15, 2008
Wisconsin, USA
✟642.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Um, "omniscient" is hardly a word on which the dictionary is the final authority.

Theologians and philosophers alike have written entire books on omniscience and how it might be instantiated. Going and looking it up in the dictionary doesn't really cut it. Sorry, everyone.

I know, but, realy its the best we can do since even those books on the subject can't (and won't ever) give us a difinitive answer on just how exactly God is omniscient and waht that exactly means for us...

We won't really know until we meet God face to face...

Upvote 0

larry_boy_44

Oct 15, 2008
Wisconsin, USA
✟642.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
You're also using words like if in reference to this omniscience, which is showing a clear lack of understanding of what the word's definition is. As others have pointed out.

At least we now see larry is admitting his descriptions are gibberish. If you want to use a word in reference to a deity, then say well that word actually does not mean what it actually means you've said nothing at all and have defaulted to a God of agnosticism.

So any Christian who reads your post, please remember any time you say God is love, good, just,etc. Well we've just seen that you in fact can't.

How is my description gibberish? We make an assumption that what we think of when we say "omniscient" is true, but we don't even know the entirety of what God is looking at.

All we really know about is a little bit about our little home here on earth...

We don't know anything. Are there parallel universes? Is God omniscient in those, too?

We don't know.

We know what WE think of when we say "omniscient", but we don't know how it actually works with the person who actually is omniscient. All we know for sure is that he knows everything. What that functionally means, we honestly have no idea and if you say otherwise you're lying.

Upvote 0

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How is my description gibberish?

Christian: God is just...but well just as God knows it to mean, not what we mean.
Atheist: So God is something you have absolutely no idea what it is or what it means. That makes no sense.
Christian: No no no, it's just part of the mystery of God.
Atheist: God is unie.
Christian: What the hell does unie mean?
Atheist: I dunno but it's part of the mystery of God and He knows what it means.

We make an assumption that what we think of when we say "omniscient" is true, but we don't even know the entirety of what God is looking at.

Generally when people say a word doesn't actually mean what it's supposed to, that leads to nonsensical comments.

All we really know about is a little bit about our little home here on earth...

We don't know anything. Are there parallel universes? Is God omniscient in those, too?

We don't know.

We know what WE think of when we say "omniscient", but we don't know how it actually works with the person who actually is omniscient. All we know for sure is that he knows everything. What that functionally means, we honestly have no idea and if you say otherwise you're lying.

See above.

Upvote 0

larry_boy_44

Oct 15, 2008
Wisconsin, USA
✟642.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Christian: God is just...but well just as God knows it to mean, not what we mean.
Atheist: So God is something you have absolutely no idea what it is or what it means. That makes no sense.
Christian: No no no, it's just part of the mystery of God.
Atheist: God is unie.
Christian: What the hell does unie mean?
Atheist: I dunno but it's part of the mystery of God and He knows what it means.

Generally when people say a word doesn't actually mean what it's supposed to, that leads to nonsensical comments.

See above.

and generally, when describing an infinate, undescribable being outside of the our capability of understanding we realize that the words we use aren't exact descriptions of said being...

I mean, really, this isn't that difficult.

God = not human
God = not describable by us... EVER... in His entirety

Thus, any word we use to describe any function of His is not an accurate description of what He is, rather its simply the best thing we can come up with and we realize it isn't accurate because we are incapable of understanding or describing the fullness of what He is.

Upvote 0

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
and generally, when describing an infinate, undescribable being outside of the our capability of understanding we realize that the words we use aren't exact descriptions of said being...

I mean, really, this isn't that difficult.
I'll never disagree with a Christian who admits their idea of their super being is contradictory and nonsensical.

Which is why I said what I said above about Christians need to read your post every time they want to try to say God is love, God is just,etc.

I mean really, this isn't that difficult.

God = not human
God=fictional existence only.

*Shrugs*

I leave the I know stuff but I really don't know stuff God of Gaps/agnosticism to you all.

And just to get us a bit back on topic.

God doesn't=justification for denying gay people civil rights.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

larry_boy_44

Oct 15, 2008
Wisconsin, USA
✟642.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'll never disagree with a Christian who admits their idea of their super being is contradictory and nonsensical.

Which is why I said what I said above about Christians need to read your post every time they want to try to say God is love, God is just,etc.

I mean really, this isn't that difficult.

God = not human
God=fictional existence only.

*Shrugs*

I leave the I know stuff but I really don't know stuff God of Gaps/agnosticism to you all.

And just to get us a bit back on topic.

God doesn't=justification for denying gay people civil rights.

If you'd been paying attention, I've said the same thing. That gays should have the rights to a marriage sanctioned by the government. There is no good reason to stop it.

But, hey, you guys aren't really worried about the rights, because every time I say that I get to defend my religious beliefs that have nothing to do with my social beliefs for a dozen pages or so... What great "freedom fighters" you are. You attack those who agree with your position because they don't agree with every word that you say... Great job proving its about rights...

Upvote 0

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If you'd been paying attention, I've said the same thing. That gays should have the rights to a marriage sanctioned by the government. There is no good reason to stop it.

Good for you honestly, but that's irrespective of other Christians not sharing said opinion.

But, hey, you guys aren't really worried about the rights, because every time I say that I get to defend my religious beliefs that have nothing to do with my social beliefs for a dozen pages or so... What great "freedom fighters" you are. You attack those who agree with your position because they don't agree with every word that you say... Great job proving its about rights...

See above.

Also, it's more like people using words in a nonsensical manner that makes it difficult to have any sort of comprehensive statement come out of it.

If someone said a square was a triangle. I'm sure someone would point out their error. Try not confusing the two.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.