Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
when someone asks you where you fellowship, do you say at a baptist church? Or something else..?

I was just pondering this as not sure if a good thing or bad thing to say what denom you are. I was chatting to some christians on holiday and they asked me so i said I go to the baptist church in my hometown. (Where else would I go???) but I could have just said the local church.

They said they were anglicans. And then, well, I got the impression they werent too impressed that I said I went to a baptist. But I could have said I go to anglican churches too, but just not regularly. I have some anglican churchgoing friends too.

I dont really think to ask where they fellowship as, well christians on holiday I would just think they can fellowship anywhere and when they go home they just go to their local church. Does it matter? Do you find more kinship when you meet other baptists, say?

jef1225

Nov 24, 2015
✟17,378.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I usually just say the name of my church and then if they ask what denom or whatever I tell em. but there is no shame in what denom you are in if you believe in your heart that is where god wants you to be. I don't buy into the whole my denom is the only right one. I personally don't think god sits in heaven and says oh your Baptist your wrong or your catholic your wrong. if you are of repentance and doing your best to follow the word of god and making a legitimate effort to live in the word you are doing right. for all the name calling and criticisms we Christians give to one another over this we are all doomed in judgement if that was the case. I love the father, son and holy spirit and the scriptures with all my heart. I sin and fail miserably a lot and that's why I pray for forgiveness and do my best to give it all to god to help me along. im not on this earth to judge the way others worship. all judgement goes to the lord almighty

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The name of my church is just the name of my hometown. But there are lots of different churches within it.

I kinda get confused when people talk in christianese and say things like parish or talk about vicars, laypeople, clergy, sacraments, liturgy, eucharist and other churchy type language that isnt in the Bible.

I suppose if someone is anglican and trying to relate to a baptist it would be quite different experience going to a church service and vice versa.

Last edited:
Upvote 0