pinkjess

There she goes...at the speed of sound
Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't get out much (dealing with an illness at the moment) and need ideas of what I can do for God where I am with what I have and since I have internet access I figure I better make use out of it by reaching out for Christ. I have a blog where I record my diet and how I am healing with God's help, but I want to do something a little more aggressive.

I've gone on Omegle.com but I don't like going on there much because half of the people I chat with are perverted and or insincere when I talk about God. I have come in contact with a handful of fruitful prospects but they are a dime a dozen.

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I had a full time job I would do Facebook messages on a special business facebook page. These pages are not your own feed but a special page used by businesses, churches, etc. I would then pay money to advertise them out to people. I used it to share the gospel. Depending on your budget it is either a good or bad idea. But for me I was able to reach around a million people, over a few years. You can target specific countries, as an example during the war between Israel and Palestine I was able to send messages encouraging peace, and restraint, into the war zone. I was even stalked by security forces (entirely online mind you), wanting to know what I was doing, and who's side I was on. For me however I was neutral, wanting the best for both sides. You can reach many online ....

Reactions: pinkjess
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Read up then. I would advise reading the whole Bible all the way through, and taking time to understand it. Unbelievers have a tendency to make fallacious and slanderous claims about the Christian faith based on certain Old Testament laws and stories. Such people fail to understand the lesson to Christians in those stories. The Old Testament has many profitable lessons and morals for us, but Christians who were not born Jewish have no obligation to follow the entire Law. You should read up on what Jews believe about this matter too, they believe that their tradition on what the Gentiles are to follow vs. what Jews are to follow is older than the New Testament itself, which is important - Christians didn't make that up in order to avoid certain commands, Jews were already teaching it at the time.

Study up on logical fallacies. Our faith does not rely on these fallacies, but many immature Christians have used fallacious arguments in presenting the faith. Unbelievers commit them too, when criticizing Christianity and when presenting their own alternatives. If you commit a logical fallacy in a hostile environment on the Internet, you instantly lose all credibility. http://www.logicalfallacies.info/

Read apologetics books. Case for Christ and Case for Faith by Lee Strobel (former atheist) are good first steps that point you to yet more resources. I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be An Atheist by Drs. Frank Turek and Norm Geisler has some good arguments in it and also cites more resources, though it's almost cocky in its presentation. Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis (former atheist) is more personal and informal about why he converted - it's also morally challenging for the Christian. But don't just take what you read in these books and fire them off like bullets. Take the time to digest and understand them, making the arguments your own while staying true to the facts.

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/ is Dr. William Lane Craig's website. I enjoy reading his apologetics posts that appear on Facebook. He's one of the people Strobel interviews in his books.

For dealing with Jews specifically, Dr. Michael L. Brown has written a number of books. He was born Jewish, and found Jesus as a young man. 60 Questions Christians Ask About Jewish Beliefs and Practices is a brief introduction to Jewish culture today, the face of Judaism has changed since the time the New Testament was written, there are many traditions that have developed since then. It's important to take that into account and not make assumptions. He also has a five-volume series called Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus which has some good information.

Ultimately, you need to remain calm, respectful, honest, and inquisitive. Remember the instructions in James 1:19-21, it is so important.

Reactions: pinkjess
Upvote 0