The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hope everyone has had a good weekend. It was a rather sad weekend for me. I hope next week will be better.

My family and I went to an Earth Day event yesterday. It was a little hectic with all the people around, but my children enjoyed it.
Why sad, if I may ask?

Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am saddened by the death of Prince.
I thought it might have been a personal matter. It is sad, and a lesson to all of us that we never know where or when our earthly life may be over.

In the case of someone in the arts, what they created lives on and on, so we will have Prince's music forever. As I think about it, a good portion of the music I listen to, and almost all of the paintings and sculpture I enjoy, were created by people who are no longer physically here. Their art remains.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry I missed your posts earlier. Sounds like your weather is better, although I saw another storm in the forecast for parts of Texas and vicinity. The weather has been nice here so I have been outside the last two days doing some Spring projects. I check CF when I take a break.

Is "Walk the Line" the movie or a TV series?

Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Walk the Line is a movie about Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash. It is about how they met and how they eventually got together.
Got it. Seen the movie. I am not a big TV person and there all these shows on various networks that I am clueless about. So I thought you might have been referring to one of those.

There is a Johnny Cash Museum in downtown Nashville which is worth the visit. It is small but has a lot of videos, music, instruments, clothing, etc., from his life and career, plus additional displays and recordings of the guys he came up with at Sun Studios, like Roy Orbison and Carl Perkins. Great stuff.

He was a complex and sometimes confusing man, who was patriotic while at the same time pointing out the failures of our society ("man in black" persona) to take care of the poor and beaten down.

When I was at the Rock and Roll Museum in Cleveland they had his travel bus on display outside. It was from the 60's, so much smaller and simpler than today's versions. But it provided a glimpse into what life on the road was like back then.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Is it just me or is OBOB going a bit nuts? Today I'm seeing anti semitism and anti science positions in addition to the all liberals are evil stuff that I'm getting used to.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Walk the Line is a movie about Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash. It is about how they met and how they eventually got together.
Joachim Phoenix was pretty awesome in that movie

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it just me or is OBOB going a bit nuts? Today I'm seeing anti semitism and anti science positions in addition to the all liberals are evil stuff that I'm getting used to.
Yes it is. They have been blaming the deterioration of OBOB on liberal Catholics, yet it is the stuff they say that gets threads closed. Even if we don't post, they will find other targets, such as Pope Francis, Jews, scientists, or whomever they can blame.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If y'all don't mind, I think I might hang around here for a while.
You are very welcome. Good to have you. Please contribute a thread topic or post on existing threads.

Upvote 0

One Voice Among Many1

Nov 16, 2015
✟20,953.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Joachim Phoenix was pretty awesome in that movie

Both he and Reese won an Oscar for best performance by an actress and actor in a leading role at the Academy Awards in 2006.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

One Voice Among Many1

Nov 16, 2015
✟20,953.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green

Believe me, it is not just you. TBH, I think that forum has been going downhill for a while now.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

Hey everyone, just a friendly reminder

Please take care when discussion groups, people or congregational sections. Sometimes comments can be considered flaming - I know you want to discuss issues in your groups of where you think you shine/excel, and where you think you can improve, but please be careful not to discuss other sections here like OBOB - thanks.

Please stay on topic to introductions and fellowship

full

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Play nice, children. Actually, it would be best to stick with appropriate topics for this thread and forget about the other side. So, no more dissing OBOB; after all, they are our fellow Catholics.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married