• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I will cut and burn

Oct 13, 2013
Virginia
✟7,643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No one likes me no one cares about me.I think I want to cut and burn an I am at the severe breaking point on doing it.Please help me cause I can't help myself.I am hopeless and depressed. I guess you all saying what a attention seeker that I am cause of cutting and burning. Talking to my therapist won't help cause she will put me in the psyche ward mental hospital.I hate myself.I know everyone is going to read this but will not comment any support.So why is this forum still here?I think my messenge will not be anwsered.

Criada

Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm so sorry it's that tough at the moment.
I don't think you're an attention seeker - you are hurting and trying to find a way to deal with the pain. Please remember though, hurting yourself may help you cope briefly, but it makes things worse in the long run :hug:
Maybe you could try sqeezing ice cubes when you feel the urge to hurt yourself - that way you don't do any permanent damage.
God loves you -you are very precious, and he will get you through this difficult time. Hold on to him, and know that there are people praying for you here.
Please PM me if you need a listening ear. :hug:

Upvote 0

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
<staff edit>
The thing that helps me the most with my occasional cutting problems is the fact that God loves humans on a personal level. He doesn't just love us on a "not going to destroy the earth yet" level. He loves us on a "God loves Jordan, is watching him, has a plan for him, and is always there so that Jordan never has a reason to be lonely" level. All the vacation Bible schools are big on the "God loves" and God is everywhere!" stuff, but a lot of Christians either don't understand or don't teach the fact that God cares about each person, knows each person, and is with each person all the time. This might be a nice webpage for you to look at, if you have time. God Will Never Leave You Nor Forsake You

One more thing. Nobody is the same as anyone else, so there is no "normal." Since no one is normal, than everyone must be abnormal, in which case you aren't any better than anyone else because.
Huh?
Think I just confused myself! Good night, I might type more in the morning when the room quits spinpinninnng.

God bless you,
Grace

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2013
✟11,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No one likes me no one cares about me.I think I want to cut and burn an I am at the severe breaking point on doing it.Please help me cause I can't help myself.I am hopeless and depressed. I guess you all saying what a attention seeker that I am cause of cutting and burning. Talking to my therapist won't help cause she will put me in the psyche ward mental hospital.I hate myself.I know everyone is going to read this but will not comment any support.So why is this forum still here?I think my messenge will not be anwsered.

:( I'm so sorry. I care about you. Please please don't hurt yourself. You're too valuable to me and to God. I like you. I don't think you're an attention seeker. You're just a dear person who needs a friend. Is there anything I can do? If you wanna talk with me you can PM me or something.

Don't hurt yourself please. I've been dealing with self hatred myself and I know how painful it can be. You're not worthless, in fact you are very valuable. Let me ask, why would God create you if you were worthless? God doesn't take time creating useless junk. He always creates things that are wonderful. I know it's so hard to believe, but please try to believe that. It's true. :)

Like I said, if you need to talk to someone I'm here. Praying for you :prayer:

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
are you doing any better hon? Sorry you are going through such a rough time. I was at that low point in life once, and it is hard to get through. Do you have many people to support you? Anyone you trust to go to?

Upvote 0

OBEY

Joel
Oct 4, 2004
North Carolina
✟1,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I sent you a PM. Please contact me if you need talk. I am always willing to listen, and if you email me at the link I sent you I'll respond almost immediately. Nobody here thinks of you as an attention seeker. I'm really sorry that you're hurting inside. Please stay strong brother.

Upvote 0

forGod1

Jul 29, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
✟9,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
there's nothing wrong with seeking treatment, friend. you said telling the therapist won't help because they'll get you into the psychward. trust me, it can be for the best. you seem to be at your wits end.. be safe, don't hurt yourself. you are an asset to God.. why? Because you believe in the resurrection. you believe the sacrifice has already been paid. get feeling better.. get into a church and just talk to people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

raggedycamel

Goodbye
Aug 21, 2012
✟8,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

One of the biggest myths is that people self injure for attention.

People self injure because there is something in their life that they cannot handle, something that the problems outweigh the coping sources.

I think one of the worst things doctors can do is constantly throw people in the psych ward all the time. I've been there 3 times. It's like prison, and not because we did anything wrong, but because it's tough to beat on your own.

My prayers are with you. I hope you are able to over come it. If you need to talk, you may send me a private message. I used to cut and burn too.

God bless you.

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2013
✟11,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One of the biggest myths is that people self injure for attention.

People self injure because there is something in their life that they cannot handle, something that the problems outweigh the coping sources.

I think one of the worst things doctors can do is constantly throw people in the psych ward all the time. I've been there 3 times. It's like prison, and not because we did anything wrong, but because it's tough to beat on your own.

My prayers are with you. I hope you are able to over come it. If you need to talk, you may send me a private message. I used to cut and burn too.

God bless you.

You're dang right. I'm praying too! :)

Upvote 0