I was wondering if someone could help me understand some of the Vatican teachings

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Even if he was a priest for 22 years that does not mean that what he says now is right.

Here's a website that has answered probably every question/objection to the Catholic Church:

http://www.catholic.com/

Catholic Answers has great resources. However, I don't recommend joining their open forums section.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don't think he was a Priest. I don't have the time to watch the whole thing but I skimmed through and his arguments are the typical weak Protestant arguments which any knowledgeable Catholic could easily respond to. If he was a Catholic Priest he would know these things but he never addresses them.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's the shame of these ex-Catholic priests. Enough phoney ones have come down the pike that any presentation of a supposed ex-Catholic priest is going to be viewed with suspicion. Besides, ex-Catholic priests, in spite of our detractors assumptions, do not have any special kind of authority. The opposite is true. I wouldn't pay any attention to an ex-Catholic priest imagined or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
from your summaries above i wonder if there might have been problems with his formation from the get-go?

a program that i watched on EWTN this weekend mentioned about how when a new order is formed
there is much emphasis placed on the formation of the priests during their training years.
The reason being that when they are finished with seminary it is important that they each accurately reflect
the beliefs and practices of their order wherever they are sent,
so that one projected image of the beliefs and practices of that order is seen or heard,
no matter the person or the locality of where they are.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Also Catholic Answers is an excellent source for answers about all things Catholic. Their open forums are excellent too. They put up with less crap that CF.
That has not been my experience with their open forums.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Also Catholic Answers is an excellent source for answers about all things Catholic. Their open forums are excellent too. They put up with less crap that CF.
I agree. It's orthodox Catholicism and Christianity, really. They don't put up with the ultra liberal anti Christian crap that goes on here.

Reactions: football5680
Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
he does not make a lot of sense

one of the things he says is "before we learned anything about the Bible we learned greek philosophy in seminary"
and he claims that is done because you need the Philosophy of Aristotle to understand the Sacraments
I think he was talking about the theology of Transubstantiation?
yeah, you do not need an undergrad degree in Philosophy to understand that
this would be stuff you can learn over a weekend workshop, it does not take hours and hours of classroom time just for that

Priests need to study philosophy first, because we want men who are actually able to think
once you are able to think, then you can specialize in an area of study

he says he studies the Bible, but then he equates statues with graven images
the "graven image" is an idol, a statue is just a statue
God commanded that two statues golden statues of Cherubim be placed on the ark
the Temple of Solomon was filled with statues and images
God commanded that the Israelites upon a bronze serpent on a pole in order to be healed of snake bites
He used a snake sculpture to heal people

Reactions: football5680
Upvote 0