• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Jul 18, 2012
United States
✟7,853.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi some of you may know me though its been a while since i have posted. Im just gonna cut to the chase...My whole life I have been abused sexually and physically and raped more then once. I have had people tell me that God could not help me, that i was being selfish, that I was making a big deal about it and just recently i had someone tell me I needed to stop having a pity party over the fact that I was raped. I have had friends tell me I should kill myself and slit my wrists because I'm nothing but trash that no one wants. And I believed them so I started selling myself because if men were going to rape me I might as well get something out of it, self harm and doing drugs.I have been raped a total of 12 times in my life and yes its a miracle I am still alive today. I was raped seven months ago and I have been in therapy since it happened and things were starting to get better. I have been doing really good not to do drugs or sell myself. I am a single mom who works hard for her daughter and is also full time in school. I was finally starting to see myself as something more then my past. but just recently, Friday morning to be exact i was raped again around 3 am and I'm really struggling with it. All the things I was starting to believe kind of feel like lies to me now. I realized that I will never be a daughter of the king because I'm to dirty. I know that God will never love me or want me because i have been touched by to many men. I have asked for help from so many people and I have been shut down so i finally decided that this was what God wanted for my life...I am always going to be the girl that guys can just use for sex. I honestly feel like life would be better without me in it. A friend of mine that I still talk to from this site told me that if I needed a support system he knew a lot of you would be willing to be here for me..so I took his advice. I'm tired of going through this alone and honestly if i'm gonna get past what has happened I really need support...so I'm asking for someone anyone to just message me and ask me how things are going every once in a while because I really do not have anyone and I do not think i can do this by myself anymore..

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi some of you may know me though its been a while since i have posted. Im just gonna cut to the chase...My whole life I have been abused sexually and physically and raped more then once. I have had people tell me that God could not help me, that i was being selfish, that I was making a big deal about it and just recently i had someone tell me I needed to stop having a pity party over the fact that I was raped. I have had friends tell me I should kill myself and slit my wrists because I'm nothing but trash that no one wants. And I believed them so I started selling myself because if men were going to rape me I might as well get something out of it, self harm and doing drugs.I have been raped a total of 12 times in my life and yes its a miracle I am still alive today. I was raped seven months ago and I have been in therapy since it happened and things were starting to get better. I have been doing really good not to do drugs or sell myself. I am a single mom who works hard for her daughter and is also full time in school. I was finally starting to see myself as something more then my past. but just recently, Friday morning to be exact i was raped again around 3 am and I'm really struggling with it. All the things I was starting to believe kind of feel like lies to me now. I realized that I will never be a daughter of the king because I'm to dirty. I know that God will never love me or want me because i have been touched by to many men. I have asked for help from so many people and I have been shut down so i finally decided that this was what God wanted for my life...I am always going to be the girl that guys can just use for sex. I honestly feel like life would be better without me in it. A friend of mine that I still talk to from this site told me that if I needed a support system he knew a lot of you would be willing to be here for me..so I took his advice. I'm tired of going through this alone and honestly if i'm gonna get past what has happened I really need support...so I'm asking for someone anyone to just message me and ask me how things are going every once in a while because I really do not have anyone and I do not think i can do this by myself anymore..

Time heals all wounds , be patient and seek the Kingdom of God . That's the way .. Renew your mind with Jesus and the Word of God , fast and pray and learn to receive God's love and joy , it will come when you began to win the battle in your mind and with power from God .. For some it's the same as physical training in that disciplining your mind can be a daily exercise .. Your testimony is valuable so work out your salvation with fear and trembling so you can help another person with your victory .. You can do it with Christ , remember it's his righteousness that saves us not our own .. And you are not alone so get in a church and sit under sound doctrine until you get cranked up for Jesus and his teaching ..
Your friend in Jesus , Rick .. May the Lord grant you victory ..
Prayers sent after the second sentence

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My whole life I have been abused sexually and physically and raped more then once.
I am sooooo sooooo sorry to hear that. My wife experienced that as well.
I have had people tell me that God could not help me, that i was being selfish, that I was making a big deal about it
Those people were 100% wrong.
i had someone tell me I needed to stop having a pity party over the fact that I was raped. I have had friends tell me I should kill myself and slit my wrists because I'm nothing but trash that no one wants.
Lose those losers and find NEW friends NOW.

The devil has sold them (and you) a pack of lies about who you are and what people can and will do to you. ALL LIES!!!

YOU need to find a list of scriptures of "Who I am in Christ." Several bible teachers have them on the web. 2 of the best are from Joyce Myers and Derek Prince. I would suggest Myers' list for you. Print it out and read it out loud several times a day. Read it until you believe it in your gut.

Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0

joey_downunder

big sister
Apr 25, 2009
Land Down Under
✟12,875.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So you FEEL like you don't have a relationship with God. Don't use feelings as your measuring tool.

You have a difficult path to walk right now, but you are not alone any more.
Remember this passage: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah+43:2&version=KJV

God is always with you. For your own sake please take your focus off your pain and keep your eyes on Jesus.

Go to www.sermonaudio.com. If you're not up to sermons dealing with your own situation, I suggest the Current Affairs or Christian Apologetics or ANYTHING that is personally interesting to you from a Christian perspective.

I pray that the Holy Spirit leads you to listen to what is best for you. Again, don't gauge effectiveness on feelings. A successful anaesthetist keeps the patient undergoing surgery as free of pain as possible.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi some of you may know me though its been a while since i have posted. Im just gonna cut to the chase...My whole life I have been abused sexually and physically and raped more then once. I have had people tell me that God could not help me, that i was being selfish, that I was making a big deal about it and just recently i had someone tell me I needed to stop having a pity party over the fact that I was raped. I have had friends tell me I should kill myself and slit my wrists because I'm nothing but trash that no one wants.

Not real friends who tell you that. You are not trash. You are someone precious to Father.

And I believed them so I started selling myself because if men were going to rape me I might as well get something out of it, self harm and doing drugs.

That is not uncommon. Sex and drugs often result from persistent abuse.

I have been raped a total of 12 times in my life and yes its a miracle I am still alive today. I was raped seven months ago and I have been in therapy since it happened and things were starting to get better. I have been doing really good not to do drugs or sell myself. I am a single mom who works hard for her daughter and is also full time in school. I was finally starting to see myself as something more then my past. but just recently, Friday morning to be exact i was raped again around 3 am and I'm really struggling with it. All the things I was starting to believe kind of feel like lies to me now. I realized that I will never be a daughter of the king because I'm to dirty.

That is just not true. Jesus weeps with you. He knows your pain and feelings of degradation. Sadly some Christians don't demonstrate Jesus' love very well. God has never stopped loving you and never will.

I know that God will never love me or want me because i have been touched by to many men. I have asked for help from so many people and I have been shut down so i finally decided that this was what God wanted for my life...I am always going to be the girl that guys can just use for sex. I honestly feel like life would be better without me in it. A friend of mine that I still talk to from this site told me that if I needed a support system he knew a lot of you would be willing to be here for me..so I took his advice. I'm tired of going through this alone and honestly if i'm gonna get past what has happened I really need support...so I'm asking for someone anyone to just message me and ask me how things are going every once in a while because I really do not have anyone and I do not think i can do this by myself anymore..

You do need sensitive support. But apart from expensive counselling It will be so hard for you. It seems may churches just can't accommodate people with your background. I find this so often and its tragic.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

godIZluv88

Mar 4, 2006
Washington
✟15,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is free health care you can use if cost is an issue. I currently seek counseling for free through this free health care act because I couldn't get it otherwise. I have no job right now. There are therapist's who accept this type of insurance but you'd have to ask to see if they accept that type of insurance. It is important to talk to someone about these things.

You are loved by God.

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's been two months; are you still around?
I have been doing really good not to do drugs or sell myself. I am a single mom who works hard for her daughter and is also full time in school. I was finally starting to see myself as something more then my past.
Good. Right? It's good to do good, right? It's good to not do or sell drugs, to overcome the addictions one day at a time, right? It's good to work hard and to do so for your daughter, right? What a remarkable thing it will be to see your daughter grow up and live better than all the evil you know all too well. It's good, too, to be in school, right? It's good to see yourself, right? and to see yourself as something more (not the same thing as just seeing yourself)?

It will be easy to put down the dope but much harder to overcome the thoughts and emotions seeking sedation. It's easy to stop thieving but much harder to overcome the lust for more - especially the ones upon which the addictions feed. It's be easy to stop preying on others but much harder to overcome the desire to feel strong and powerful at others' expense. It is easy to relax, to breath slowly, but harder to feel peace.

Do it anyway.
...but just recently, Friday morning to be exact i was raped again around 3 am and I'm really struggling with it.
I am very sad to read that. I know of another woman who was raped soon after her conversion and it has always seemed senseless to me. Struggling with it is understandable, ssnh. Please do struggle with it. Struggle wisely, though. Stay in counseling and overcome. Some scars do heal.
All the things I was starting to believe kind of feel like lies to me now. I realized that I will never be a daughter of the king because I'm to dirty. I know that God will never love me or want me because i have been touched by to many men. ...i finally decided that this was what God wanted for my life...I am always going to be the girl that guys can just use for sex. I honestly feel like life would be better without me in it.
Normal response to an abnormal set of circumstances. Relapse is a normal part of recovery, too - especially in the presence of further abuse. It is important to remember this: what is "normal" is not always healthy.

You know something few of us ever come close to understanding: what it feels like to be treated worthlessly. This is ground zero for you and your recovery. You have worth whether anyone else tells you so or not and you need to be telling yourself that regardless of how you feel - use all those emotions to that effect. Use your anger to affirm your worth. Use spite, fear, worry, and obsession. But don't forget the rest of you. The rest of you is a valuable part of you, too. Assert your worth in love, compassion, friendliness, gentleness, patience, and kindness, too.

Remember, and learn to do this until you can remember that these abuses do not define you. They may have had a tyranny over your soul in the past but the plain fact that you've mustered what it took to post here is commendable and evidence that you live and know yourself to have worth (however meagerly you may feel it today, or tomorrow, or the next day). As you learn to trust your own thoughts and emotions they'll get healthier and you can trust them even more. It will take awhile and you may feel weary more often than you want to admit, so remember none of us have ever been perfect the first time we tried something new. You won't be perfect in finding yourself the first time out, either. Maybe not the second, third, or tenth time, either. But if you start the journey and resist the urge to look back you'll get there. If I told you it'll take two years would that intimidate you not to begin? What if it takes five, ten, or fifteen years to be whole? Would you not begin because it will take too long and too much work? I hope the prospect of time and effort don't prevent you from healing.

Remember the first step of any twelve-step program is to acknowledge we are powerless over our problem (in this case the problem is trauma) and we require a Power greater than ourselves to be restored to sanity. That, of course, is where Jesus comes in. I hope these next few words don't trigger you but consider just for the briefest of moments what Jesus likely experienced when handed over to the Romans for torture. Scripture is silent on the details but in all likelihood he too was raped. Jesus knows.

I assume your therapist has begun by helping you feel safe and finding ways to get you to personal safety. The
Trauma, PTSD, & Dissociation Resources op has a post with helps on small and practical things you can do to slow down the tornado inside. I also assume you've done some reading on trauma because it'll save you time and money compared to the therapist's hourly rate. If you're not reading and you are interested I'll list a few books with which you might start. I trust you're attending a recovery group, too (AA, NA, trauma, etc.). This might be challenging because your story will be worse than most and how in the world will the lesser-burdened be able to relate? Go anyway. Work the steps. And find some friends. The word "friend" is supposed to mean something so find those who understand its meaning and be patient with them when they let you down - and they will because they probably do not understand. Nor do they want to understand. You will teach them new meanings of friendship and the ones that endure will be valued forever.

Tell your counselor your story. Take it as slow as you need and be as detailed as you dare. Tell your story as often as she asks. She (he?) can take it. It's what she's been trained to do so make her earn her profession, make her earn the privilege of knowing you as you will be when whole and healed. Be polite, and respectful as often as you can but make her do her job. Know and be known. It will be a fantastic, fascinating and remarkable journey. Laborious but remarkable nonetheless. When you leave her office for the last time and shake her hand and give her a fearless hug in love and gratitude you'll feel indebted to her for all it took to be healed, new, and whole but the truth is the debt is hers. She will have been privileged to see a life restored up close and personal.

Do the work, ssnh. Let nothing from here on out get in the way.

Come back to the forum periodically and tell us how you're doing so we can continue to pray in an informed manner and praise God for what He's done.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...so I'm asking for someone anyone to just message me and ask me how things are going every once in a while because I really do not have anyone and I do not think i can do this by myself anymore..

Hi,

Your pain must be extreme, you have had a lot of hurt in your life. I hope I don't hurt you in any way by being too religious, and I hope I don't miss read you to cause you harm in any of my posts and stuff. But just letting you know you can contact me any time via private message to discuss anything you are feeling. I will let you initiate communication however, as we are not yet connected, and I don't want to push.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont really have a relationship with God...
im really struggling tonight...

In your first post you mentioned that you fear that God may not love you. It is like anything in life, if we feel a person does not love us or is critical of us we don't want to be with them, or find it hard to connect.

We only stay with sin because we feel it is the best that we can have. We doubt God will offer us anything better. The reality is God has awesome plans for you and your daughter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I will be your shoulder to cry on in tough times and your ears to listen to you when you just need someone to listen. And I will pray for you.

God has blessed me with a large heart and I try to give as much love to people as I can. To use my love for good.

If you need anything, PM me. :)

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I realized that I will never be a daughter of the king because I'm to dirty. I know that God will never love me or want me because i have been touched by to many men.

That's not true. And I'm not just saying that to console...it just isn't.

You need to come back and talk to us...this is a tough burden, and clearly not one to be handled all alone...especially with you telling yourself things like that.

Upvote 0