• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I was raped/molested by 4 by the age of 12..plz read

sadnlost

Jun 16, 2016
ca
✟7,640.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
One was a cousin, one was an uncle, third n worst one that was a few yrs was moms bf , and last was a neighbor. I tell people that have lol kids, be very careful who u trust watching them. My mom had to go to work so she left me with my uncle. The people that rape kids are alot of the time someone that the parent thinks won't do anything like that. her bf wouldn't do anything to her daughters,he's supposed to want her. He molested both daughters. He died years ago from cancer. The neighbor died of a brain aneurysm 10+ yrs ago. Cousin is currently dying of cancer. Uncle IDK n don't wna know. I was going to online university of Phoenix to get my associates degree in psychology so I can be a counselor to help rape victims, then accident. It takes my brain twice as much work to do what it did before.the more I think the more I sleep. I have to put a hold on my life because of someone else. I could be helping people become happy. As a rape victim I know that you only want to talk to people that can relate.

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
One was a cousin, one was an uncle, third n worst one that was a few yrs was moms bf , and last was a neighbor. I tell people that have lol kids, be very careful who u trust watching them. My mom had to go to work so she left me with my uncle. The people that rape kids are alot of the time someone that the parent thinks won't do anything like that. her bf wouldn't do anything to her daughters,he's supposed to want her. He molested both daughters. He died years ago from cancer. The neighbor died of a brain aneurysm 10+ yrs ago. Cousin is currently dying of cancer. Uncle IDK n don't wna know. I was going to online university of Phoenix to get my associates degree in psychology so I can be a counselor to help rape victims, then accident. It takes my brain twice as much work to do what it did before.the more I think the more I sleep. I have to put a hold on my life because of someone else. I could be helping people become happy. As a rape victim I know that you only want to talk to people that can relate.

I am really sorry you have been abused. Do you have a therapist now? That sounds like too much to cope with on your own.

I wish you well.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
You won't be an effective counselor until you have received counseling yourself. And you are going to continue to need your own therapist when you start to counsel because their stories may serve as triggers. I am going to assume that you didn't receive much therapy since none of these molesters are in jail.

I am sorry that you have been hurt. You are right that you have the potential to help others but not until you help yourself. If not, you risk interjecting your own story on them and that is not therapeutic communication. You need a safe place of your own to tell your story.

Upvote 0

dabro

A child of the living God.
Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I got tested my satan to molest. I overcame. It was a sifting even tho I would never hurt a child. Back in 08 I had pure o OCD and the fear of molesting. I was staying very far away from children. Then the theme changed to where I thought I was going to be sent to hell at any moment. All these stresses brought out my nightmares and that was five years after the trauma and now I'm have repressed memories push thereselves to the top of my mind so I have to cope.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. The world is so wicked. And you'll be vindicated at their judgment,

Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You won't be an effective counselor until you have received counseling yourself.
Most reputable counseling training courses start off with "self confrontation;" or facing your own issues and dealing with them properly.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Blackribbon, don't be so harsh. She will the Lord will provide. She ain't on here by chance. And she will be someone great.

I am not being harsh...just truthful. If she doesn't address her own issues where the focus is her hurts, how can she effectively help someone else? She will continue to be traumatized by their pain because she has not released hers.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My wife was raped at gun point by two men when she was 16. The assailants were men who lived in the neighborhood. Her brothers wanted to kill them but her mother, embarrassed by the whole thing, just wanted her to shut up and get over it. There was a police report done, but the local police didn't know much about DNA back then. The evidence was eventually destroyed.

Fast forward 30 years. A young woman was found raped and murdered. That same man who was the instigator in my wife's assault was convicted of the rape and murder by DNA evidence. My wife contacted the police after her arrest, but there was no longer any evidence of her case. The prosecutor took her statement. Whether it was helpful or not, the man was convicted of kidnapping, rape and murder. Had he been prosecuted 30 years earlier a young woman would still be alive. Only God knows how many women he attacked in between times.

The sad thing is that in our society rape victims are raped three times; once during the attack, one during the evidence gathering procedure when every remaining ounce of dignity is stripped away, and once more in court where lawyers try to convince the jury that the victim is just a tramp who liked rough sex and then decided to frame an innocent man. In this blame-the-woman culture it's no wonder the public continue to support Bill Clinton after no fewer than 17 accusations of sexual assault, and Hillary Clinton after she destroyed the reputation of anyone who tried to speak out.

Rape is not a sexual act, it's a criminal physical assault. Rapists belong in prison. We need to stop treating it as something embarrassing we don't want to talk about. Rape victims did nothing wrong. Rapists are predators who prey on the weak or use dangerous weapons to overpower them. They almost never stop after one attack. It's never too late to tell the truth. It's never too late to set the record straight. Certainly, you should talk with a good rape counselor though it seems you have educated yourself on the matter. Support groups are always a good idea.

Personally, I would tell your family what your cousin did to you. Hopefully he will confess his sin and seek not only God's forgiveness, but yours. Forgiveness can be an uplifting thing, but it isn't freely dispensed. It has to be first sought, then granted. Keeping the silence only benefits the attackers. You need to do what benefits you.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The sad thing is that in our society rape victims are raped three times; once during the attack, one during the evidence gathering procedure when every remaining ounce of dignity is stripped away, and once more in court where lawyers try to convince the jury that the victim is just a tramp who liked rough sex and then decided to frame an innocent man.
Don't forget the many levels of appeals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,419.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I had no trouble understanding your post. The accident may have slowed you down, but it can't stop you. There are many people even in this area who will be able to relate to you, people who you can help. Psychology may have helped you get a job in the counselling area, but there is nothing to stop you today from starting your own ministry to the hurting.

Upvote 0