I was helping out at a youth encounter this weekend with me and the other leaders

christian_girl87

May 17, 2010
✟315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and they had sessions with small groups where they they assigned each of the leaders to a group and they would take the people in their group to each of the sessions and help them know where to be. Well every one of the leaders got assigned to a group exept for me I was in a group with someone instead of leading it like all the other leaders. Well they said dont take it personally we just didnt have enough people coming to have a group for each leader. Ok I understand that but why did they pick me to be the one without a group instead of someone else? They didnt think I was good enough or didnt like me or something? If thats the case I wish they would just say this instead of making excuses or lying about me not being the only one without a group

Reactions: Allen1901

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It was a conspiracy to make a point that you aren't good enough to teach or lead.

Ok. Sorry. I will be serious now.

You are stressing and over thinking this. They didn't have enough groups for each leader so someone had to be out. Instead of thinking "why me" just go all zen and say "someone had to be it, so fine"

Upvote 0

Sapphyre

pew pew pew
Mar 4, 2009
San Francisco
✟13,348.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There weren't enough people for everyone to have a group, so someone had to not have a group. You happen to be that person. Don't take it personally... think of it this way: if one of the other leaders was the one to not get a group, would you think less of them because of it? Probably not right?

Upvote 0

Shadolus

Saved By Grace
May 4, 2009
God's Kingdom
✟18,390.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There weren't enough people for everyone to have a group, so someone had to not have a group. You happen to be that person. Don't take it personally... think of it this way: if one of the other leaders was the one to not get a group, would you think less of them because of it? Probably not right?

Good point, I learned from that lol. :D

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

+1.

Before you can "love thy neighbor as thyself", you have to imagine things from their point of view. Otherwise you will only make assumptions, and you know what they say about assumptions. On the other hand, if you ARE the type of person who would think less of the person who ended up without a group (and I'm not suggesting you are; I'm just presenting this hypothetically), then aren't you just projecting your own prejudice onto other people?

In either case, you're making too big a deal of it. Relax. We all get disappointed from time to time; it's your choice how much the disappointment will affect you.

Upvote 0

christian_girl87

May 17, 2010
✟315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I imagine things from their point of view I think there must be some reason they didnt want me to have a group like im not good enough or they dont like me for some reason, and if someone else was the one to end up without a group I would wonder why that person was without a group too and wonder if the other leaders maybe didnt like them for some reason, Because unless they picked names out of a hat randomly which I doubt is the case, they had to have had some reason for who they chose to be left without a group, right? So why me?

Reactions: Allen1901
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sapphyre

pew pew pew
Mar 4, 2009
San Francisco
✟13,348.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you have a good reason to believe that they might have excluded you deliberately, then why ask us? We don't know. Ask them.

I agree. If it's really bothering you that much, choose someone in charge of the decision who you feel is honest and kind, and ask them to talk for a minute about the groups. Once you have their attention, just say calmly that you noticed you are the only leader without a group, and were just wondering why that is.

I know that might be tough, but it's really the only way to know for sure, and it's by all means a fair question to ask.

As a side note, though, take it from someone who has a group of people in a church environment right now - managing, coordinating, and just dealing with any group of people is not always the most fun job in the world. You might consider yourself lucky you haven't been given such a burden. :)

Upvote 0