I was Baptized a couple of years ago, I'm unsure if I was fully submerged?

Live for God

Apr 23, 2013
✟7,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did you not like the answers you got above, or what was said a few months ago on this question? How does it matter to anyone, but you? If God is leading you to have this done again, it is something you should do.

If you are racked with concern, do it again. If you are being pestered by someone other than the LORD or the Church where you think it was not done right, ignore them, and seek the LORD. Pray to the LORD about it. Seek His face. Ask Him to give you peace in your heart that it is alright the way it is, or an urgency to be baptized again.

I was not there, but you were, and the LORD was there. Ask Him.

Hi Avid.

I have decided I am going to get Baptized again in a few months, I will request to be under water for a few seconds so I know for sure I was 100% fully immersed. I live within 20 miles or so of a beach so I will ask if I can be RE-Baptized at Sea, it is currently winter here in the UK but it a few months it should warm up, British waters are generally cold anyway but in Summer It shouldn't be so bad. I want to be re Baptized is a few months mainly because I want to understand more about the meaning of the Baptism and get closer to God first, it has nothing to do with wanting to get Baptized at Sea, I'll get Baptized in a pool if needs be.

God Bless

Upvote 0

Live for God

Apr 23, 2013
✟7,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A little water never hurt anyone.... Just make sure that you are trusting in the Blood of Jesus to wash your sins away and are not trusting in Baptism for salvation. Revelation 1:5 says " to Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood..."

Agreed. I understand that it is not the act of Baptism that saves but the Blood of Christ.
I look forward to my Re-Baptism.

I am in contact with certain Ministries but not currently a member of a Church just yet and don't attend any particular Church at this moment in time. i do still Believe in Jesus 100% though.
Would it be okay to get Baptized by a Pastor of a Church that I don't attend or do I have to be a member of his congregation?

God Bless

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... I want to be re Baptized is a few months mainly because I want to understand more about the meaning of the Baptism and get closer to God first...
This is good. I can suggest a good source for reading. The following page has about 50 good things (Sermons, Books, etc.) that will help you understand. Some of these authors lived in England in the past centuries, There is very useful deep understand that may be gained from reading these things.

http://www.achristianspirit.com/sermons.html

I might suggest you start at the top with three good sermons by Rolfe Barnard that are about 50 years old. The works by John Bunyan are very dear to my heart in the amount of help provided many years ago. If you start here, you will learn some very helpful info.

T H E
HEAVENLY FOOTMAN;
OR,
A DESCRIPTION OF THE MAN THAT GETS TO HEAVEN:
TOGETHER WITH THE WAY HE RUNS IN, THE MARKS HE GOES BY;
ALSO,
SOME DIRECTIONS HOW TO RUN SO AS TO OBTAIN.

BY JOHN BUNYAN

http://www.achristianspirit.com/Footman.html

May God bless you in seeking His truth from the scriptures, and from good works by great men of God from past centuries.

Upvote 0

Live for God

Apr 23, 2013
✟7,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many Thanks for that material. I will certainly try and have a good read up on it. It'll help me understand the meaning of my (Re) Baptism better when the time comes I think. I plan on having my Re-Baptism in about 5 months.
I still need to contact a Pastor who I know first to see what he can do.

I am in touch with several different Pastors/ministries , will it be okay for one of these Pastors to perform my (Re) Baptism even though I'm not a member of their Church?
I believe in Jesus fully as my Lord & Savior and understand the significance of it, I will understand it even more hopefully before I get re-Baptized. I'm just not a member of any particular Church currently.

God Bless

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Many Thanks for that material. I will certainly try and have a good read up on it. It'll help me understand the meaning of my (Re) Baptism better when the time comes I think. I plan on having my Re-Baptism in about 5 months.
I still need to contact a Pastor who I know first to see what he can do.

I am in touch with several different Pastors/ministries , will it be okay for one of these Pastors to perform my (Re) Baptism even though I'm not a member of their Church?
I believe in Jesus fully as my Lord & Savior and understand the significance of it, I will understand it even more hopefully before I get re-Baptized. I'm just not a member of any particular Church currently.

God Bless

It depends upon the individual church. When I got baptized, I was doing it out of obedience to the scriptures. But just before I was actually baptized, I got a lecture from the church elders about how getting baptized there was a statement of commitment to that individual church and to become a "member" there. That was rather off-putting to me, but I went ahead with it.

LiveForGod: I'd like to point out something else that was told to me when I relayed to someone that I had a friend once who told me they were baptized about 4 or 5 different times. He asked me, "Did Jesus die and get raised 4 or 5 times?" He then proceeded to tell me about how baptism is our way of physically stating that we've died and have been spiritually buried (dunked in the water) and have now been born again (raised up out of the water). It's not what saves us, but rather a physical statement to others of our rebirth.

Upvote 0

KnowHisJoy77

blessed
Sep 14, 2014
Georgia USA
✟46,558.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Okay, I think I was about 13 years old when I got Baptized and I am 23 years old now. The Baptism took place in a small swimming pool of a Church. I remember being dunked under water which was kind of deep so at this point I didn't doubt my Baptism. a few days later I remember my Mum saying she wasn't sure if I was fully submerged under the water so ever since then I have doubted my baptism.

I'm unsure if I was totally submerged under water because of what my mum said, I think I maybe was but I don't know and I don't think maybe is good enough in this situation.

Should I arrange to be baptized again or would this be wrong and insulting the Holy Spirit?

What do you think about if I don't get re-baptized and if I wasn't fully submerged on my Baptism ??

thanks

If you are preoccupied about that, ask your pastor to be baptized again.
God knows your heart and the Holy Spirit resident in you knows your struggles, He will not be insulted.

What I am thinking about your situation is that if you have tendency to get concerned and unsure about "stuff" often or just about the baptism. If you have tendency of worrying much, something else deeper going on. Worry is a sin we must have faith and trust the Lord. God is a God of peace and amazing grace. I pray you get both and rest upon Him.

God bless!

Upvote 0

Live for God

Apr 23, 2013
✟7,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are preoccupied about that, ask your pastor to be baptized again.
God knows your heart and the Holy Spirit resident in you knows your struggles, He will not be insulted.

What I am thinking about your situation is that if you have tendency to get concerned and unsure about "stuff" often or just about the baptism. If you have tendency of worrying much, something else deeper going on. Worry is a sin we must have faith and trust the Lord. God is a God of peace and amazing grace. I pray you get both and rest upon Him.

God bless!

Hi, thanks for the reply
I will ask a Pastor about that, I'm not in a stable church right now, I just go to different ones from time to time, I need to find a good Church to settle in. I am in touch with several ministries though.
Yes, I have a tendency to get worried about very almost EVERYTHING all of the time, I have very bad anxiety. I have an appointment tomorrow actually with a Pastor from Africa who is going to pray with me.

I pray I also get grace and rest in Jesus and I will, Amen!

God Bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
SO if I'm asked by a random person if I have been Baptized what shall I say?

"YES"

That covers it nicely.

Story by Emo Phillips as an illustration:

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

Reactions: Saricharity
Upvote 0