Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
not too long ago somebody had a thread, they mentioned something about this forum not being busy, or maybe it was the lack of people? idk.
I mentioned something about the high membership number versus how many people be online and I said something about robots (robots was mentions in forum statics that I read of the main page) I just posted what I'd read because I found it interesting someone else would mention about the lack of people etc.
So when I'm not busy I try to find that thread but I can't find it...so now I'm going to ask whoever be reading this that know, can you please explain what robots be and what they do on this site? Are robots making up avatars and post threads so this site is kept active? I just want to know if there be real people on here or what?
Oh, and another thing... what is a private forum and is it worth paying for membership so I can take part in that private forum?

I will be away due to family stuff going on this weekend... so I will thank you for your help now...thank you!

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
from my limited understanding of internet robots, robots are computer programs that inventory content on a website for search sites such as Google. when you search for something on google, this is where the search results come from. robots drive up the # of views for a thread. for secured forums that require you to log on to view content, the search sites acquire logon accounts for their inventory software (robots) to use in accessing the site to inventory content.

but robots do not post or reply to posts; so there are indeed plenty of real people on this site.

i would assume that a private forum is one that isn't visible to the membership in general, but only to those who are invited? just a guess

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
According to what I'm reading, private forum is for those who pay for membership.
Every time I sign on, this little box pops up and offers membership for a certain amount, an if I pay for membership that I would be able to use the private forum? not sure what that's all about because I still don't see what the advantage of private member would be?

Then there's the large amount of members the statics chart claim, it's on the home page over on the right hand side, if that is so, then this site isn't having much traffic from it's bonafide members, there be lots of "windowshoppers" but they can't do anything unless they join...when I came on here a few minutes ago, there's only 99 members on here... but there's 290 "guests" and 176 "robots"... the number of robots change according to people as they come/go.

Upvote 0