Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I want to be saved , i want to be loved and loved by Jesus
I dont go to church av not been to one in over a year now
i feel like am losing touch with Jesus .
i have blasphemous thought all the time
thinking bad things all the time, not just religious thought i have thoughts of hurting people and myself

i have seen a therapist and psychiatrist, they give me medication for that and my other mental health issues.
my partner is an atheist, but he will go to church with me
One of the reasons i havent been going to church is that my 12 and 13 year old nieces go to a dance class at 10.30 am on a Sunday that my partner takes them to every time there staying with us,( every two weeks ) , we are in a city but the girls guardian lives in the middle of no where she has no transport apart from bus and she dont trust them to leave from our place to the the town next to hers but will let them travel from the next town on there own ... ( she says there too young to be going from the city as they would have to get two buses and there a lot of creepy people around ) .
The other reason av not been going is my mental health , there are times when am not stable to go out the house and when i do go out i take panic attacks ...

i also believe in loving people for being them weather they are gay , straight, disabled Muslim , Asian ,White , Black .i cant understand the hate that there is for people who are not the same as us everyone is diffident and unique
we should love them .

as i said i want to be saved i want to be with Jesus forever
i hear Jesus's voice calling me to be saved
can i be saved?

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
Where ever my Lord's work is to be done.
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Fantastic friend!

Do you realize your hopelessness?

The fact that you stand before God as an evil,wretched,ungodly,unworthy,horrible sinner;and that you are in desperate need to be spared from eternal suffering in hell because of your sins?

Well,look no further then Christ The Lord Himself!

All you've gotta do is believe in Him.

Who He is,what He's done,and what He stands for.

That He is God almighty,in the flesh,and that He died on the cross and was resurrected on the third day?

And do you believe,that by Believing in Him,you have eternal life?

Is so,you're already saved!

I am concerned on one fact though...

You say partner..

Your not gay right?

One can not believe in Jesus Christ and be gay at the same time.

Jesus says,homosexuality is a sin.

If you believe in a jesus that says being gay is ok,you don't believe in the true Jesus.

But even if you are,you can change your mind and believe in the true Jesus and still be saved!

That's the best part about it...

No matter what you've done,or who you are,He'll forgive you.

He not only will forgive you,but will completely disregard and forget your former self.

Praise be!

I hope you see the Light friend.

Oh,and by the way, if someone says he/she is a believer,yet says they HATE gay people,or anyone really... they are either not really saved,or have a really bad walk with God.

God not only says to Love Him,but also our Bretheren,and even our enemies...

Plus, disagreeing=/=hate (disagreeing does not equal hate)

Here is a link to a thread I made a few days ago titled"Salvation",it addresses what one must do to obtain salvation:

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/salvation.7891322/#post-68073496

God be with you,
-Your Brother In Christ

Upvote 0

EPHESIANS6:10-11

Jun 7, 2015
✟16,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
No am not gay , i am married to a man:couplekiss:
i dont why i said partner in that post .:doh1:
The voices i hear tell me to pray and read the bible.:groupray:
but sometimes it triggers me to think evil bad thoughts . that i find upsetting
my husband says that i shouldn't read the bible if it upsets me he dont understand that
i NEED to read it so i can be with Jesus :clap:
Thank you for replying to my post and may God bless you

Upvote 0

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Fantastic then!

I myself am like you.

I have been told that I sometimes end up in a slightly bad mood after reading Scripture.

I do not mean to be,and on the inside,I'm actually quite happy.

I normally appear to be in a bad mood after reading Scripture when I find a passage I don't completely understand yet. So I tend to get lost in thought,and I become troubled until I figure it out.

But when I do,i feel so happy and so much closer to God that it makes it all worth it.

God be with you Friend!
-Your Brother In Christ

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,124.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
By dying in place of His people Jesus Christ became the mediator between God and man and revived in His people the righteousness, holiness and true knowledge lost as a consequence of sin.

As we find ourselves before a holy God we are convicted for breaking His righteous Law. The Holy Spirit moves in the soul to bring us to acknowledge our guilt and brokenness before God and His righteousness. We come to hate sin and find Jesus Christ precious. The Holy Spirit convinces the broken sinner of the shamefulness of sin and then brings the offender to a place where they can,“repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.”

If you feel the weight of sin on your heart and have come to see the blackness of your soul in the light of God’s Law…if you have been brought to a place where you dread the judgement of the trice holy God, BELIEVE THE GOSPEL! If you believe that Jesus Christ paid the penalty for your sins the Bible assures us that, “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”

Praying for you.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If you want to speak to some one in ministry I am in it. It takes more than believing, some on here sound like an add on tv for Jesus. You want to be Loved? Jesus loves you just as you are for who you are, where you are at? He doesn't ask you to change He will change you. What He wants is you to surrender your self to Him. That means laying down what you think you want to be and becoming what God wants you to be. You must except Jesus free gift, that He loves you so much He came and died in your place and took on your punishment so that you might be saved. You need to acknowledge this to him. That He died and on the 3rd day rose again and is a live. You need to ask Him to come into you, into your heart to live, that you give your self over and ask for forgiveness of all your sins. You need to name as many sins as you can and ask for forgiveness every day for those days sins, not because God has not forgiven you but to hold you accountable to your sin so your aware of it. You need to pray to Him to teach you about Him, and maybe send some one to teach you, read your Bible and pray every day for you and others. Just speak from your heart. You don't need to worry about a building of stone and wood they call a church, stay on this form and read and pray and praise God and you will be Having church in your Home. The true church is God's children, not a building. If you want you can message me on here and ask anything you want and I will give you the answer as Jesus has taught me. I would be very willing to help you understand and learn about God, just click my name and go to start a conversation. I'll tell you all about Jesus. I have formal training in ministry unlike some here. Not that I am better than any one, but I have been and still am preparing for a life in ministry with Christ. Jesus spent 30 years preparing for a 3 year ministry. I hope you do accept God and Know if you do all of heaven will rejoice the second you do, all over you. That is how much God loves and His children love. Its all about love. don't worry about telling people what is sin or what is not, you are no where close to that level. Think of it if you accept Jesus and being a infant again, because you are, you are reborn, you are an infant in the church, but how fast you grow is up to God and you. You must surrender daily, it is a struggle to lay down your will and let God work. Its hard but God is with us. We will be rewarded, we choose to suffer now for a little while and be in bliss forever. Your illness sounds like spirits are at work, I would bet you have had working with occult things like spirit boards or taro cards or some interaction that way with it. So send me a message, I said a prayer for you, i hope you make the right choice.

Upvote 0

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ellamuk1976,

Bluelion has some sound advice.

But Believing is all it takes...period...

All that he has mentioned comes AFTER being saved.

Accepting Jesus simply means you Believe in Him and confess Him to yourself.

"For by Grace through Faith you have been saved-"

Jesus never taught anything else besides Believing in Him to receive Salvation.

God Bless!
-Your Brother In Christ

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Jun 7, 2015
✟16,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I want to go to church on Sunday there is a church that i use to go to a year ago that had a service at 7.30pm on a Sunday
am unsure of its denomination but the music was like worship but with electric guitars and people could stand or sit
they could raise there hands in the air things like that ... the people there are so nice and i dont know why i stopped going there
i do have anxiety but id felt safe as long as my husband is with me because of my anxiety
my mental health can get worse if am stressed ( am mainly stressed about my family because i worry about them all or if i get triggered by something )
I want to read the bible i just added one to my phone so i can take it with me where ever i go:clap:

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi ellamuk,

God asks a couple of things of us to be born again. First, we need to understand our position before God. We are sinners. Each and every one of us has sinned. Some in great ways and some in small ways. From your posts, your sin, one of them anyway, would be that you have not loved the Lord your God with all your heart. That is the first commandment that God gave unto Israel and the greatest commandment according to Jesus. It is the commandment that pretty much all of us have broken at some time in our lives.

Second, God asks that you believe Him. Set aside the wisdom and desires of this world. All the things that this world tells you that you need to be happy, successful, etc. Jesus said that love of this world is enmity with God. Now that doesn't mean that you have to go around actively and vociferously hating everything about this world, but just understand that God's children don't love the things of this world. We use many of them and we may certainly appreciate some of them. Believe God and trust that He really does love you, as you stand, sin and all.

Finally, God asks that we call upon the name of His one and only Son who gave up his life that we may attain the way to eternal life.

I have found that the best way to do this is in simply talking to God and making your desire known. For me, I was in my bedroom and I knelt down on the floor and poured out my heart to God. I agreed with Him that I understood and knew that I was a sinner. I spoke to Him that my desire henceforth, was to strive to trust and believe Him. I also asked in my prayer that God would give me an unquenchable thirst to know Him through His Spirit and His word. Finally, I asked Him to save me from the day of His judgment by the blood of His Son, Jesus.

Now, a couple of things happened to me very soon after saying that prayer. First, I did seem to have an unquenchable thirst for God's word. I wanted to read the Scriptures all the time. I read and I read and read for about a year all the things that God had revealed to me through His word. Secondly, I had been a drug addict for many, many years and a drinker and within weeks I seemed to be constantly under conviction that I could not do those things and glorify Him. No withdrawal, not quitting and quitting again. I just stopped. Within a matter of probably 6 weeks I had been under conviction and God gave me the power to quit, even though the thought had never entered my mind before that prayer that I wanted to quit. Lastly, and still to this day, I just seem to constantly and regularly want to give praise and glory to Him who gave me life, sustains my life and just pours out blessings upon my life every day.

I think the Scriptures are fairly clear that when someone chooses God over the world, there are changes in that person's attitude and understanding. Even if they have been a 'good' person, beginning a life serving God causes changes in us. Not everyone who has been born again will share the exact same experience, but I believe that your understanding that things are different to you and that your mind seems changed about some things is a good indicator that the Holy Spirit is now with you doing his job of convicting of both sin and righteousness.

I encourage you to find a fellowship where you can worship God as you see fit, but let me caution you that going to a fellowship of believers does not cause one to be born again. It is a changed heart and a sincere, purposeful and enduring love for God with all of our heart, mind and soul.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jun 7, 2015
✟16,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Thank you Ted
I hear God he wants me to be saved .
I have a problem with drink and drugs, but i have been sober for a while now.
So i know how bad it can get. God loves us all no matter what
I cant get down on my knees because i have problems getting back up ...But will not stop me from praising him
My life belong to God ,I have been baptized when i was born , but am an adult now and i want to be a child of God
I love him ,
My husband isn't saved .he an atheist , but he follows what his family done , celebrating Easter and Christmas
i have asked him if he would like to be christian and he said it don't interest him at all
but he is willing to take me to church to support me if i take a panic attack but that's all .

i want to live life with out being scared all the time or worried about my family all the time
Me and my husband have been together 10 years now ( 8 years married ) but because i worry or am scared of things
i make myself ill thought doing that
I dont want to do that anymore. I Want to be Free. Free to be a warrior of God

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
thank you
i read it and av book marked a think to the verses
i cant add more verses in my sig
Ellamuk1976: YW. :) The New Testament refers to "exceeding great and precious promises to us who believe" (2 Peter 1.4) and it's really go to keep reading and trusting and making sure we are in the good of what is promised to all who love and trust the Lord Jesus, Who died at the Cross for sinners and rose again. "We love Him, because He first loved us" (1 John 4.19).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes i feel close to Jesus when i read the bible and when i pray
The last day or so i have felt his power
I feel like i am home in his loving arms
Ellamuk1976:

Well, you know what Deuteronomy 33.27 says? "The eternal God is thy refuge; and underneath are the everlasting arms". (Compare with the everlasting life of John 3.16)

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Ted
I hear God he wants me to be saved .
I have a problem with drink and drugs, but i have been sober for a while now.
So i know how bad it can get. God loves us all no matter what
I cant get down on my knees because i have problems getting back up ...But will not stop me from praising him
My life belong to God ,I have been baptized when i was born , but am an adult now and i want to be a child of God
I love him ,
My husband isn't saved .he an atheist , but he follows what his family done , celebrating Easter and Christmas
i have asked him if he would like to be christian and he said it don't interest him at all
but he is willing to take me to church to support me if i take a panic attack but that's all .

i want to live life with out being scared all the time or worried about my family all the time
Me and my husband have been together 10 years now ( 8 years married ) but because i worry or am scared of things
i make myself ill thought doing that
I dont want to do that anymore. I Want to be Free. Free to be a warrior of God

Hi ellamuk,

I hope that you won't be offended but I would certainly understand if you are. Many of us, myself included in that number, don't like to hear that we're wrong. Especially about something concerning what we believe to understand about God. However, When Jesus spoke of being baptized he listed two things that one must do: Believe and be baptized. I am of the understanding that a baby's baptism is therefore invalid. A baby doesn't believe. Do what you think is right, but my encouragement is that after you sit in a chair humbly before God and offer a prayer to Him as I have suggested, if you believe, then be baptized.

You probably won't like this comment either, but I'd just ask you to pray about it. Those who live in fear do not know God. They aren't trusting God and they don't have the comfort that is found in Psalm 1. God watches over the way of the righteous and there is no fear for them. The fear of death has lost its sting. The fear of bad things happening has lost its importance.

You began this conversation with:

I want to be saved , i want to be loved and loved by Jesus
I dont go to church av not been to one in over a year now
i feel like am losing touch with Jesus .
i have blasphemous thought all the time
thinking bad things all the time, not just religious thought i have thoughts of hurting people and myself

All those are expressions of doubt that you won't be saved and that you aren't loved by Jesus. So forgive me please if I misread your opening post, but those are your words. Reread my earlier post and consider taking the advice. Don't worry about your husband. He isn't going to save you and you aren't going to save him. Only an individual's faith, belief and trust in God will gain them salvation on the day of God's judgment. If you really want what you claim to want, then take it. It's free, but it comes at a cost.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi ellemuk,

I see that you have changed your handle. Now it's time to change your heart. That passage of Isaiah that you have added is exactly what I'm talking about. Those who are God's children do not live in fear. They know that their place with God is secure. They know that they will succumb to the first death. They know that their time on this earth is given and purposed to serve God. They trust that whatever comes their way in this life, that He knows of it and the He will protect them. They know that even when they do die, whether it be some natural death or some calamity or at the hands of someone else, that they are going from this wicked earth to a far, far better place and are comforted by that even in the very jaws of death. They know, that for them, death brings life.

Do you want your children to have this same security? Teach them the ways of God. When my son was at the age when most folks were reading Mother Goose bedtime stories, I would sit by his bed and read him the proverbs of God. We would talk about God and who He is. I never once had to raise my hand to him, but merely ask him, when he did something offending, 'Do you think that God approves of your behavior?' You see, he was taught the things of God before he was taken into first grade. You know what? I don't have to worry about him. I know that God is watching over him and that if the day should ever come that someone comes to my door to tell me that my son has died, he is secure with God because I brought him up to know God and when he was old enough to understand, he was baptized.

But, the Scriptures, even Jesus, warns us not to test God. If you are involved in drugs and drinking, my encouragement is to seek after God for relief and freedom from those demons. Friend, I was an addict when I gave my life to Jesus. For 6 weeks I was constantly convicted that I could not serve God and demons. I had to choose. Just as Joshua encouraged Israel, I also encourage you. I will paraphrase it just a bit to show how it is appropriate to you as. Choose this day whom you will serve, either the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob or the gods and desires of the world.

You mention it being hard for you to get down on your knees to pray, but friend, there is no greater blessing that we have available to us on this earth than to spend time with our God and surely the God who gave the life of His Son for you deserves the small sacrifice of pain that you might experience in being humble before Him. Purpose in your heart to humble yourself before Him. It's either going to happen now or on the day of judgment and if it happens now there is hope, on the day of judgment all hope is gone.

I can only encourage you, loved one, to humble yourself before your God. Lay out before Him all your sin and ask for His forgiveness. Cry out to Him for your need of freedom from demons and your desire to love and to serve Him. Trust me in this: If you will truly set your purpose in life to love God and follow His commands, you will find a joy that surpasses any understanding. You will know a comfort that rises above any fear or anxiousness. On the day of God's judgment - you will be saved!

God bless you and I am here if you need me. You may feel free to PM me if you'd like a more quiet and one on one conversation. God loves you very, very much. He created this realm that you might have life and live in it and He has sent His Son that you might know and experience the height and depth and breadth of His love for you. God has done absolutely everything that is necessary for you to live a life eternally with Him and asks you to love, honor and serve Him. Trust God!

In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Am not offended at all , in fact am glad you pointed that out to me
there are times when i get very negative
you are right
i shouldn't be scared as God is with me always
Ella: Psalm 46 and John 14.1 and John 14.27 are good passages when feeling anxious.

Upvote 0