Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
T

toastface_grillah

for health reasons I know I shouldn't because it'll make things worse for me. Is there anything your craving, you want and are staying away from?

Note: I've not had a soda since May 2009, I'm tempted to have one, but know that if I have just one, I'll be back into the habit and tons more health problems.

I love 7-11 food - the nachos, the "grill" items (if you can use a word like that to describe the warming roller-things), you name it. But, knowing they aren't the healthiest things, I've begun putting some distance between myself and that familiar old red and green friend.

Similar, but slightly different story: I used to love Chicken McNuggets. For years, I'd eat them, and would've never turned down a McNugget or six (preferably the full twenty). Then I saw the pictures of what they're made of; and that made me hesitant, but not hesitant enough to stop cold turkey. Earlier this year, I read/heard somewhere that formaldehyde was one of the ingredients (along with other unnatural things). Once I realized that generally the same solution used to preserve corpses was going into my dinner, I haven't visited the Golden Arches since.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟121,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just thought I'd throw this out there -

Coconut sugar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Once I found this I threw out all my brown and white sugar. I haven't seen it in the supermarket - but it's available at Asian grocers in my city.
yep read about it not long ago....I've been intigrating coconut oil as part of my diet. I elminated sugar from my cabinets in May 2009, many of the processed foods also. I use agave and honey as sweetners instead.

I have to say that I love, love, love the Greek yogurt from Fresh & Easy. =)

I also found coconut oil there. I'm not sure what I would use it for, but it was great seeing it, so I'm going to check online to see what I can make with it. =)
Ethnog, I have virgin cocunut oil and almost a month ago started taking a table spoon and have been using it on my skin daily. Its really helped my skin, but it hasn't been helping with the arthritic condition and problems I've recently come down with as I read about. It may for others though.

Upvote 0

mandyangel

Aug 27, 2010
✟18,392.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
for health reasons I know I shouldn't because it'll make things worse for me. Is there anything your craving, you want and are staying away from?

Note: I've not had a soda since May 2009, I'm tempted to have one, but know that if I have just one, I'll be back into the habit and tons more health problems.

I can completely relate to this. I have a big problem with ice cream and everytime I go nuts with it, I have to stay on the tread mill for about 2 hours. But...

I think that maybe you should set aside one meal where maybe you eat lots of good stuff first to fill you up, like veggies and water, and then eat the 1 slice of pizza with your one soda. I think it may be best because if you keep saying no, one day you're gonna go crazy and then you really will get out of the habit.

I drink coke zero and diet cream soda wayyy more than I should. But I have tried to give up soda before and I once did it for about 6 months.

Then at the mall when I was Christmas shopping, I had just one bottle of coke and not only did not want to pick up the habit again but about 30 minutes later, I had to run to one of the bathrooms and had some unpleasant effects.

I bet that might happen with you cause its so new to your body now.

In no means do I think you should pick up your habit agian, you've done so well, but maybe if you do just once you will be less tempted later.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tomo_Tsu

Japanese-American
May 1, 2011
Washington State
✟7,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Being I have Crohn's disease I can't eat any kind of nuts, corn meal, or corn products in general and spicy foods..anything else though is okay. my metabolism is also compromised and moves much quicker than it should and if I dont consume ungodly amounts of calories my weight will drop.

Upvote 0

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ugh. I can only imagine the torture I'll be in starting next month. I fail really bad when it comes to self-control in regards to food choices. I know what's good for me, and what I SHOULD eat, but then I always choose the stuff that's bad and lethal because it tastes better and it's more "fun" to eat.

I've got a long road ahead of me.

Huh?

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟121,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Being I have Crohn's disease I can't eat any kind of nuts, corn meal, or corn products in general and spicy foods..anything else though is okay. my metabolism is also compromised and moves much quicker than it should and if I dont consume ungodly amounts of calories my weight will drop.
Thats gotta be hard Tomo_Tsu. I know of one guy that cured himself of it through diet, so it may be possible. Im hoping that healing will come my way also, I trust only the Lord can heal. Tomorrow I'll find out more when I go to the rumatologist, at least I hope.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums