Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
for health reasons I know I shouldn't because it'll make things worse for me. Is there anything your craving, you want and are staying away from?

Note: I've not had a soda since May 2009, I'm tempted to have one, but know that if I have just one, I'll be back into the habit and tons more health problems.

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Sugary items. I have been successful in staying away from sugary items (bakery sweets, ice cream, and even juices or other items with a large amount of sugar) since April. I had been doing mostly good at staying away from sweets prior to then, but would give in once in awhile (the last time was a fudge egg from a local chocolatier ). Sugar just does a number on me, so I need to stay away from that garbage. It's a struggle (I have an enormous sweet tooth), but so far I've been doing well. Though I want to buy something sugary every time I go grocery shopping.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
for health reasons I know I shouldn't because it'll make things worse for me. Is there anything your craving, you want and are staying away from?

Note: I've not had a soda since May 2009, I'm tempted to have one, but know that if I have just one, I'll be back into the habit and tons more health problems.

Food isn't too much of a problem for me - except when I'm out or visiting friends. I went to a birthday party yesterday and there was basically nothing there I could eat - except the boiled eggs(which I tore apart for the whites) and the nuts. Everything else was either a pork product, soda, white bread, uber fatty meat, chips etc...ugh

Beer drinking is my biggest downfall. I've been pretty good with it this week though for the most part (that is, staying away from).

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟121,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sugary items. I have been successful in staying away from sugary items (bakery sweets, ice cream, and even juices or other items with a large amount of sugar) since April. I had been doing mostly good at staying away from sweets prior to then, but would give in once in awhile (the last time was a fudge egg from a local chocolatier ). Sugar just does a number on me, so I need to stay away from that garbage. It's a struggle (I have an enormous sweet tooth), but so far I've been doing well. Though I want to buy something sugary every time I go grocery shopping.
Best of luck Historia. I did it for lent, even reading salad dressings to make sure theres no sugar. Very hard.

Ugh. I can only imagine the torture I'll be in starting next month. I fail really bad when it comes to self-control in regards to food choices. I know what's good for me, and what I SHOULD eat, but then I always choose the stuff that's bad and lethal because it tastes better and it's more "fun" to eat.

I've got a long road ahead of me.
It is a discipline lilacs.

Reactions: Wren
Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian

How are you with dates or figs? I had a large serving of dates one day and I thought "oh man, here comes some unwanted fat" - to my surprise - I actually lost a little that day.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟121,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Food isn't too much of a problem for me - except when I'm out or visiting friends. I went to a birthday party yesterday and there was basically nothing there I could eat - except the boiled eggs(which I tore apart for the whites) and the nuts. Everything else was either a pork product, soda, white bread, uber fatty meat, chips etc...ugh

Beer drinking is my biggest downfall. I've been pretty good with it this week though for the most part (that is, staying away from).
yeah me too, even though I dont drink much, until my condition decreases, its best I stay away.

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
How are you with dates or figs? I had a large serving of dates one day and I thought "oh man, here comes some unwanted fat" - to my surprise - I actually lost a little that day.

I don't remember ever eating either dates or figs. I might pick up some dates next time I go grocery shopping. Thanks. The main healthy item that I've used to feed my sweet tooth is strawberries. I love strawberries.

Upvote 0

crishmael

nothing but the rain
Aug 29, 2008
Tejas
✟32,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't remember ever eating either dates or figs. I might pick up some dates next time I go grocery shopping. Thanks. The main healthy item that I've used to feed my sweet tooth is strawberries. I love strawberries.
Dates are tastastic. I haven't had any in a while though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Dates are wonderful, as are figs! Mmmm, chewy goodness! (Sometimes the texture throws me off though.)

I like to munch on dried fruit to satisfy my sweet tooth. It's moderately healthy as long as you don't get the kind that's super-duper sweet due to added sugars.

Yeah, I had banana chips recently. It's ridiculously difficult to find banana chips without added sugar, though.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟121,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I want cheesecake. I already had some cake today at a baby shower, but it was super gross cake and I ate some to be polite. I feel like it was wasted cake. So now I want good cake.
Yumm mina, for real, I know. Isn't it awful when you cave in and eat something you think is going to taste great, and it turns out gross??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AuburnMeg

Contributor
Apr 24, 2004
✟17,606.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Ice cream! I LOVE ice cream during the summer. It can't happen though. Cannot. Happen.

:)

Upvote 0