Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seriously, like we have a choice in what we dream?

A therapist, not even a psychiatrist, tried to diagnose me as schizoaffective because of my paranoia and anxiety. Then tried to give me medicine that I shouldn't have ever been prescribed according to my doctor because, as I suspected, it would have been a dangerous combo with my heart condition. I do not have hallucinations. I have Aspergers and paranoia and anxiety is part of it. It even says in my diagnostic packet that the effects of Aspergers is often mistaken for other conditions like schzio. I was diagnosed an Aspie by an actual psychologist and her team and was put through 8 hours of rigorous testing. This therapist wasn't qualified to try to throw schizo or the meds on me, and she didn't even do testing, she just assumed. They are county funded loons and my doctor doesn't recommend them. So you can stop. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Stop what? Trying to be caring? Ok...

Yeah, I know about your aspergers. For real, I'm sorry you have that. I didn't think therapists could prescribe medicine. I see one for grief counseling & I know she can't. Well like I said b4 I would definitely talk to your priest & your dr. about the dreams if it's really upsetting you.
It's a bogus loophole they have. She tells the nurse practitioner what she wants and the nurse practitioner prescribes it. I'm still seriously po'd that they tried to throw this bogus diagnosis on me and medication that would have been dangerous for me without checking or asking my medical history and telling me to not check the side effects.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Meds are too easily prescribed anymore.

It's a bogus loophole they have. She tells the nurse practitioner what she wants and the nurse practitioner prescribes it. I'm still seriously po'd that they tried to throw this bogus diagnosis on me and medication that would have been dangerous for me without checking or asking my medical history and telling me to not check the side effects.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seriously, like we have a choice in what we dream?

Offtopic a bit. My Sunday school teacher said she could, it was like watching TV if she didn't like the dream she could change it. Last night I dreamed I was in the kitten bowl going through the hoop for a touchdown.

Upvote 0

Butterfly99

Getting ready for spring break. Cya!
Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yeah, that doesn't sound very responsible of them cause your dr. should have been the one to prescribe medicine if you need it after giving you a full eval. My cousin had cystic fibrosis & when she was hospitalized sometimes the nurses would prescribe one thing & the doctors another. The left hand always needs to know what the right hand is doing for sure.

And people wonder why CF and OBOB is dying.

1. Witchcraft in this thread.
2. Telling me that it was all fake. (If they can possess you, they can definitely get in your mind. If the Angel of the Lord can speak to biblical characters in dreams, it follows that fallen angels can too.)
3. Basically telling me that this thread is bad and I should feel bad, and making me feel looney.

Moral of the story, I hate CF. Toodles.

Oh I didn't read this b4. So you're leaving here. Ok, well God bless. I hope things get better for you. :)

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lol! I can't remember what they call that where people say they can control their dreams but I have heard of it. Not sure I believe it though. So you were a kitten at the kitten bowl??? Lol! this dream indicates you must be trans species for sure! See your doctor! :D

Offtopic a bit. My Sunday school teacher said she could, it was like watching TV if she didn't like the dream she could change it. Last night I dreamed I was in the kitten bowl going through the hoop for a touchdown.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Lol! I can't remember what they call that where people say they can control their dreams but I have heard of it. Not sure I believe it though. So you were a kitten at the kitten bowl??? Lol! this dream indicates you must be trans species for sure! See your doctor! :D
Lucid dreaming

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

No I was me and broke the ring :)

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would never suggest mood stabilizer or anti-psychotic as answers to anything

but they've always worked for me.
As you know, it depends on the diagnosis. But even doctors will tell you that the field has become lazy and pills are looked at as a cure all. There are people that truly need them and there are those that see them as a simple fix. We are an over medicated society but this is a whole different subject.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married

After taking pharmacology, I'd never take certain psych drugs unless the benefits outweighed the risks and I was getting some real/discernible results from it. The common side effects of many of those drugs alone are almost worse than the conditions themselves, and many require constantly taking labs to check for therapeutic doses and an absence of renal or hepatic problems. Having spent clinical time in a state facility, I really felt sorry for some of the patients. There's a reason why some people with serious diagnoses have difficulties sticking to their meds, because some of those meds are truly awful.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged

Mary Jane works beautifully and that's where I break from Republicans. The idiots don't see that it's a harmless plant that helps people, created by God, whereas pills kill people.

Upvote 0