Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We are never to take on the devil one on one, that's asking g for T-R-O-U-B-L-E. I'm not comfortable even talking about this.
Exactly. I typically avoid the subject myself. Being not for the fact that the OP was expressing concern I would have avoided this thread altogether.

Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So this thread is bad? That's ridiculous. I am just amazed that Christians act like Satan is the tooth fairy or something.
Didn't say that, just that even if it wasn't a demon and it was just a dream, demons are happy to take the credit. You give them attention, you ask for problems.

Upvote 0

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Catholic teaching would tell us not to give it attention. We know demons are real but we don't play with them spending time talking about it.
You are right, we certainly don't want to give fallen angels too much attention. But we don't want to ignore them either.

I had a strange experience once where an evil spirit came into my house with a guest. I knew something was wrong and I prayed. The Spirit told me that it was a "spirit of contention". Well, I did not know what to do with that! I was anxious and didn't want to deal with it. I prayed more and was guided that since I was the only one who knew it was there, I had the responsibility to cast it out. It was not a kind that only goes out with prayer and fasting. I prayed, asking God to make it leave. There was an amazing difference! Peace pervaded the company and the person affected immediately became more docile.

I didn't glory in the fact that God gave us power to cast out demons, or blab to everyone what had happened. In fact, this is only the second time I've mentioned it in 6 years, and that because I think it might be helpful to someone.

God bless all!

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You are right, we certainly don't want to give fallen angels too much attention. But we don't want to ignore them either.

I had a strange experience once where an evil spirit came into my house with a guest. I knew something was wrong and I prayed. The Spirit told me that it was a "spirit of contention". Well, I did not know what to do with that! I was anxious and didn't want to deal with it. I prayed more and was guided that since I was the only one who knew it was there, I had the responsibility to cast it out. It was not a kind that only goes out with prayer and fasting. I prayed, asking God to make it leave. There was an amazing difference! Peace pervaded the company and the person affected immediately became more docile.

I didn't glory in the fact that God gave us power to cast out demons, or blab to everyone what had happened. In fact, this is only the second time I've mentioned it in 6 years, and that because I think it might be helpful to someone.

God bless all!
yeah, it takes discernment.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think there is a difference in giving attention to the dangers of evil and entertaining or flirting with it. Which nobody in this thread had done. It is a topic in Scripture. The Pope discussed it, etc. ignoring the the dangers of evil is just as bad imo. There is nothing in this thread that makes me even remotely uncomfortable. Greater is He who is in us than those that are within the world.
Didn't say that, just that even if it wasn't a demon and it was just a dream, demons are happy to take the credit. You give them attention, you ask for problems.

Upvote 0

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I think there is a difference in giving attention to the dangers of evil and entertaining or flirting with it. Which nobody in this thread had done. It is a topic in Scripture. The Pope discussed it, etc. ignoring the the dangers of evil is just as bad imo. There is nothing in this thread that makes me even remotely uncomfortable. Greater is He who is in us than those that are within the world.
Amen and amen!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have had dreams like this and I understand going to a group of believers to discuss it. the only objectional thing I saw in this thread was the link. I understand the warning though. But we cannot act like satan does not exist either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So this thread is bad? That's ridiculous. I am just amazed that Christians act like Satan is the tooth fairy or something.

Satan tempted Jesus Himself, so I can't imagine not believing Satan exists or the he won't try to harass people too.

Upvote 0

Butterfly99

Getting ready for spring break. Cya!
Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's this really nice man at our church who thinks he's possessed by demons. He's schizophrenic & when he takes his medicine all is fine with him but he won't take them. It was really sad cause we found out he hit this lady in his apartment building & got arrested. He thought she had a demon & he was beating it out of her. It was awful. We're praying for him. His name is Maurice.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I, for one, am glad that someone feels free to talk about this topic. I think Satan and his demons want to isolate people in order to weaken them against satanic attack. God is our protection when this happens, but not talking about it won't make it go away.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's correct.
I, for one, am glad that someone feels free to talk about this topic. I think Satan and his demons want to isolate people in order to weaken them against satanic attack. God is our protection when this happens, but not talking about it won't make it go away.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
yeah, it takes discernment.
so then why, may i ask, is everyone here so down on those who do have the discernment,
and make them the enemy instead of saying that satan is the enemy here?

it never seems to fail.
Even saints like Saint Padre Pio, Saint Terese of the Little Flower,
and Saint Faustina had their detractors while they were alive....
people whose job it seemed to be to make their lives utterly miserable.:prayer:

who needs that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
so then why, may i ask, is everyone here so down on those who do have the discernment,
and make them the enemy instead of saying that satan is the enemy here?

it never seems to fail.
Even saints like Saint Padre Pio, Saint Terese of the Little Flower,
and Saint Faustina had their detractors while they were alive....
people whose job it seemed to be to make their lives utterly miserable.:prayer:

who needs that?
what are you talking about? No one is attacking anyone. we know the enemy and know it's not smart to become preoccupied and to dwell on this. It's giving information that is needed because its dangerous to not keep things in it's context. Google around and as per usual, you'll see I'm right.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
And people wonder why CF and OBOB is dying.

1. Witchcraft in this thread.
2. Telling me that it was all fake. (If they can possess you, they can definitely get in your mind. If the Angel of the Lord can speak to biblical characters in dreams, it follows that fallen angels can too.)
3. Basically telling me that this thread is bad and I should feel bad, and making me feel looney.

Moral of the story, I hate CF. Toodles.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
There's this really nice man at our church who thinks he's possessed by demons. He's schizophrenic & when he takes his medicine all is fine with him but he won't take them. It was really sad cause we found out he hit this lady in his apartment building & got arrested. He thought she had a demon & he was beating it out of her. It was awful. We're praying for him. His name is Maurice.
A therapist, not even a psychiatrist, tried to diagnose me as schizoaffective because of my paranoia and anxiety. Then tried to give me medicine that I shouldn't have ever been prescribed according to my doctor because, as I suspected, it would have been a dangerous combo with my heart condition. I do not have hallucinations. I have Aspergers and paranoia and anxiety is part of it. It even says in my diagnostic packet that the effects of Aspergers is often mistaken for other conditions like schzio. I was diagnosed an Aspie by an actual psychologist and her team and was put through 8 hours of rigorous testing. This therapist wasn't qualified to try to throw schizo or the meds on me, and she didn't even do testing, she just assumed. They are county funded loons and my doctor doesn't recommend them. So you can stop. Thanks.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Butterfly99

Getting ready for spring break. Cya!
Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A therapist, not even a psychiatrist, tried to diagnose me as schizoaffective because of my paranoia and anxiety. Then tried to give me medicine that I shouldn't have ever been prescribed according to my doctor because, as I suspected, it would have been a dangerous combo with my heart condition. I do not have hallucinations. I have Aspergers and paranoia and anxiety is part of it. It even says in my diagnostic packet that the effects of Aspergers is often mistaken for other conditions like schzio. I was diagnosed an Aspie by an actual psychologist and her team and was put through 8 hours of rigorous testing. This therapist wasn't qualified to try to throw schizo or the meds on me, and she didn't even do testing, she just assumed. They are county funded loons and my doctor doesn't recommend them. So you can stop. Thanks.

Stop what? Trying to be caring? Ok...

Yeah, I know about your aspergers. For real, I'm sorry you have that. I didn't think therapists could prescribe medicine. I see one for grief counseling & I know she can't. Well like I said b4 I would definitely talk to your priest & your dr. about the dreams if it's really upsetting you.

Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0