I think I committed the unforgivable sin.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
To make a long story short, I had a dream in which I saw the holy spirit and what it could do about 3 years ago. I witnessed the miraculous power of the holy spirit and then yesterday I called the Holy Spirit Satan.

So why did I say that the holy spirit was Satan? I don't know. I don't believe it, especially after the dream that I had. I know the miraculous power of the holy spirit and what it can do and it's definitely not a power from Satan. I suffer from Schizo-Affective disorder and that's my only guess as to why. I've called Jesus Christ Satan before (And have believed it) and have believed that my wife was Satan or demon possessed or a demon many times and it's an almost daily thought. I'm scared to even look at my wife a lot of times.

I feel so lost and like God doesn't love me anymore and like my I haven't been able to get Jesus out of my head and I've been tempted to keep saying that the holy spirit is Satan for the last day or two. I've been tempted to say it before many times. I don't know if I'm currently in an episode or not although, I suspect it. But, I shouldn't be in an episode right now because I'm taking my meds and my meds usually work.

So, I guess I'm just making this topic for help and advice, since I'm REALLY scared and I feel empty and I feel like I'm lost forever. I feel like it's too late for me and my soul is on a one way ticket to hell and God doesn't love me anymore. I want to feel loved by God again and I want to have hope again.

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To make a long story short, I had a dream in which I saw the holy spirit and what it could do about 3 years ago. I witnessed the miraculous power of the holy spirit and then yesterday I called the Holy Spirit Satan.

So why did I say that the holy spirit was Satan? I don't know. I don't believe it, especially after the dream that I had. I know the miraculous power of the holy spirit and what it can do and it's definitely not a power from Satan. I suffer from Schizo-Affective disorder and that's my only guess as to why. I've called Jesus Christ Satan before (And have believed it) and have believed that my wife was Satan or demon possessed or a demon many times and it's an almost daily thought. I'm scared to even look at my wife a lot of times.

I feel so lost and like God doesn't love me anymore and like my I haven't been able to get Jesus out of my head and I've been tempted to keep saying that the holy spirit is Satan for the last day or two. I've been tempted to say it before many times. I don't know if I'm currently in an episode or not although, I suspect it. But, I shouldn't be in an episode right now because I'm taking my meds and my meds usually work.

So, I guess I'm just making this topic for help and advice, since I'm REALLY scared and I feel empty and I feel like I'm lost forever. I feel like it's too late for me and my soul is on a one way ticket to hell and God doesn't love me anymore. I want to feel loved by God again and I want to have hope again.

It was just a dream, mmbattlestar. And if you had really blasphemed, you wouldn't feel ANY remorse over your thoughts whatsoever at any time, ever. I'm sure that the Lord also knows very well that you have Schizo-Affective disorder and that your thoughts and emotions aren't always something you can control the way you would like to. So, just know that He loves you and understands your struggles.

Peace in Christ,
2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If youve got schizoaffective disorder you could be confused about spiritual things.
One of my friends was diagnosed and she takes medication every day. If Its affecting the way you think check that your meds are right. When my friend gets confused its because the dosage isnt working so she has to go to hospital or see the doctor. Shes a christian and hasnt become unsaved because of this.

In the spiritual realm its an affliction that can really only go out with fasting and prayer but you need to be really want to be free and have prayer warriors praying for you if you want total deliverance.

God still loves you and Jesus hasnt left you i mean He cares for you, He doesnt change. He says I will never leave you nor forsake you.

Also rememebr how God loves us while we are yet sinners. Perfect love casts out fear, for fear has torment.

What you do is call upon Jesus to cast out that fear, like chuck it to the bottom of the sea never to be seen again. You have to name the demon to get rid of it.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sounds like you be experiencing symptoms of your mental illness... which happens.
Dreaming about the holy spirit isn't the same as actually experiencing the holy spirit...no matter how real the dream felt. Our minds can't comprehend the actual power of the holy spirit...we're limited in this human body.

Meds aren't perfect though... which means you will experience symptoms of your illness.

God does love us and it's not a human type love either, it doesn't come and go based on "feelings". We are loved...period. He loved us while we were still sinners, Jesus died for us! The bible puts it like this:
Romans 8:31-39
Nothing Can Separate Us from God’s Love
31 What shall we say about such wonderful things as these?
If God is for us, who can ever be against us? 32 Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else?
33 Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one—for God himself has given us right standing with himself.
34 Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us.

35 Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love?
Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death?

36 (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”) 37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.

38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love.
Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.
39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Everything in Christianity is a matter of the heart. The unforgivable sin is not saying certain words, but is having a heart that is turned away from God. When our heart is turned away from God we are in an unforgivable state we are cutting ourselves off from the very means of forgiveness, but that does not mean that you can't repent and turn back to God.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for the words of encouragement. God knows I have a mental illness and that I didn't mean what I had said. I've been fighting off the urge to say it again regardless anyway since I don't WANT to blaspheme the holy spirit I know that It's something wonderful that humans cannot possibly comprehend. I think I'm going to call up my Psychiatrist today and ask her if I can double my med dose in times of emergencies like this.

Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thank you all for the words of encouragement. God knows I have a mental illness and that I didn't mean what I had said. I've been fighting off the urge to say it again regardless anyway since I don't WANT to blaspheme the holy spirit I know that It's something wonderful that humans cannot possibly comprehend. I think I'm going to call up my Psychiatrist today and ask her if I can double my med dose in times of emergencies like this.

Before I got sick with my mental illness. I told God that if I was to deny or be angry with Him. It would not be true, and I must be sick or something is wrong with me. Because I love God and Jesus with all my heart since I was made by God. So I told God in a prayer to not leave me alone if start to rebel against Him. I most be sick. And I was right. God has been on my mental illness since.

So, don't give up. I'm sure God knows deep don't why you Blaspheme the Holy Spirit. You might be deceived by your mental illness.

Ask for forgiveness from God and ask God to attack whatever what made you say or think these things. And not to leave you alone. Because your relationship is important.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Discuss it with the Psychiatrist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums