Bleep, bloop.
Feb 26, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
✟7,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I've been spending a lot of time on Google trying to search answers, instead of relying on Christ and the bible for my answers. It's rough... when I'm scared, I want answers right now.

Anyways, after spending much time on the PC... I get off and turn to my bible and decide to spend a little time. I flip a few pages and land on 1 Corinthians... and look down and a verse is very much bolded! And very much NOTICEABLE! You can't miss it! I thought my eyes were playing tricks so I flipped the page... they weren't. So I read it, and underline it with a pen and it seemingly returns to normal font-face it was originally typed in.

It was 1 Corinthians 2:13
"This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words."

I'm not entirely sure what this might apply to me... I hope it's not a warning or anything, it doesn't seem to be. :confused:

Reactions: Koakku

seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I've been spending a lot of time on Google trying to search answers, instead of relying on Christ and the bible for my answers. It's rough... when I'm scared, I want answers right now.

Anyways, after spending much time on the PC... I get off and turn to my bible and decide to spend a little time. I flip a few pages and land on 1 Corinthians... and look down and a verse is very much bolded! And very much NOTICEABLE! You can't miss it! I thought my eyes were playing tricks so I flipped the page... they weren't. So I read it, and underline it with a pen and it seemingly returns to normal font-face it was originally typed in.

"This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words."

I'm not entirely sure what this might apply to me... I hope it's not a warning or anything, it doesn't seem to be. :confused:
Here it is in context:

"The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

"What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.

"The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, for,

“Who has known the mind of the Lord
so as to instruct him?”

"But we have the mind of Christ."(1 Cor 2:10-16)

Perhaps this is in answer to you worrying about 'searching out answers'. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. And so do you. :)

Don't be afraid to ask your Father anything. Anything.

Upvote 0

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Sounds encouraging and that the Lord may really have been speaking to you. What I get out of your experience is that you can find the answers right in the Bible and not have to rely on Google. The words in the Bible are spiritual, and the Holy Spirit will open up the meaning of the words to you in His own timing. Just pray before reading and ask the Lord to open your spiritual eyes and ears of understanding. He is faithful if you're sincere. It has worked for me many times, and I've received revelation that I've never been told by anyone or even considered before. Once, I've even seen and felt an angel sit next to me during one of these times. Makes for exciting times Bible reading.

You don't need Google. You need the Holy Spirit. All you need to do is ask.

God Bless and have Joy.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
every time you read anything in the Bible, it is God speaking to you! but i know what you mean - the words seemed to jump off the page kind of thing.

there's nothing wrong with searching google, if God leads you to!

when faced with a problem for which there is no clear answer, find a quiet place, ask God for wisdom, and still your thoughts and 'listen' for the leading of the Holy Spirit. if you don't 'seem' (Luke 1:3) to hear the answer, consider whether you need to know the answer today or not (Mat 6:33, 34).

and always believe by faith that you hear Him and follow His leading (John 10)

The Holy Spirit - Audio Teaching - Andrew Wommack Ministries

Upvote 0

DorkiusMaximus

Bleep, bloop.
Feb 26, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
✟7,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That means you have a Spiritual Gift. The same things happens to me. Next time when that happens, pay attention to WHAT YOU THINK IT SAYS, and not how it applies to your life.

A spiritual gift? Whoa.

Never thought about it like that.

And yeah, I think it's God telling me to rely on Him for answers, rather than others...

Upvote 0

unclejohn314

Mar 25, 2013
✟7,618.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
In my view of things hearing from God is the basis of the Christian life. I can't say that He speaks to through bold type, but yes, I have heard from God many many times. If I were you I would rejoice that at least this time you heard Him. I can promise you He has more to say and it will be for your good. So congrats ......

Unclejohn

Upvote 0

DorkiusMaximus

Bleep, bloop.
Feb 26, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
✟7,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my view of things hearing from God is the basis of the Christian life. I can't say that He speaks to through bold type, but yes, I have heard from God many many times. If I were you I would rejoice that at least this time you heard Him. I can promise you He has more to say and it will be for your good. So congrats ......

Unclejohn

Well the text changed on its own, then resumed to be normal. It was crazy :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sunshine456

Dec 21, 2012
✟11,995.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I too believe you recieved aid.

Praise GOD the heavenly father and his son lord JESUS CHRIST always....it would seem that you were guided with wisdom to......"Put your trust in GOD and not in man."

Laymens terms-Seek not the knowledge given by man, but that knowledge(WORD)given by GOD the heavenly father and of course his son lord JESUS CHRIST.

Focus on scriptures to aid in discernment. Prayer is always the first intitial step to take though; especially when you desire a relationship with GOD and his son lord JESUS CHRIST nd there is no regret or shame in such.

Praise be to GOD the heavenly father and his son lord JESUS CHRIST always>>>>>>>

Last edited:
Upvote 0