1. New: Christian Forums Staff Recruit Video.- It's that time of year again. We are having our annual Staff Recruit Drive. Simply ask any staffer to help you apply and enjoy the video...
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I think God spoke to me?

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by DorkiusMaximus, Mar 24, 2013.

1. DorkiusMaximus

DorkiusMaximus Bleep, bloop.

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Faith:
    Christian
    So I've been spending a lot of time on Google trying to search answers, instead of relying on Christ and the bible for my answers. It's rough... when I'm scared, I want answers right now.

Anyways, after spending much time on the PC... I get off and turn to my bible and decide to spend a little time. I flip a few pages and land on 1 Corinthians... and look down and a verse is very much bolded! And very much NOTICEABLE! You can't miss it! I thought my eyes were playing tricks so I flipped the page... they weren't. So I read it, and underline it with a pen and it seemingly returns to normal font-face it was originally typed in.

It was 1 Corinthians 2:13
    "This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words."

I'm not entirely sure what this might apply to me... I hope it's not a warning or anything, it doesn't seem to be. :confused:

Koakku likes this.
  2. seeingeyes

seeingeyes Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    Here it is in context:

"The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

"What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.

"The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, for,

“Who has known the mind of the Lord
    so as to instruct him?”

"But we have the mind of Christ."(1 Cor 2:10-16)

Perhaps this is in answer to you worrying about 'searching out answers'. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. And so do you. :)

Don't be afraid to ask your Father anything. Anything.

3. Bobinator

Bobinator Senior Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Sounds encouraging and that the Lord may really have been speaking to you. What I get out of your experience is that you can find the answers right in the Bible and not have to rely on Google. The words in the Bible are spiritual, and the Holy Spirit will open up the meaning of the words to you in His own timing. Just pray before reading and ask the Lord to open your spiritual eyes and ears of understanding. He is faithful if you're sincere. It has worked for me many times, and I've received revelation that I've never been told by anyone or even considered before. Once, I've even seen and felt an angel sit next to me during one of these times. Makes for exciting times Bible reading.

You don't need Google. You need the Holy Spirit. All you need to do is ask.

God Bless and have Joy.

4. christlove100

christlove100 New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    I agree with the above posters, good advice from each.

5. DorkiusMaximus

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Faith:
    Christian
  6. DiscipleHeLovesToo

DiscipleHeLovesToo Regular Member Supporter

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    every time you read anything in the Bible, it is God speaking to you! but i know what you mean - the words seemed to jump off the page kind of thing.

there's nothing wrong with searching google, if God leads you to!

when faced with a problem for which there is no clear answer, find a quiet place, ask God for wisdom, and still your thoughts and 'listen' for the leading of the Holy Spirit. if you don't 'seem' (Luke 1:3) to hear the answer, consider whether you need to know the answer today or not (Mat 6:33, 34).

and always believe by faith that you hear Him and follow His leading (John 10)

The Holy Spirit - Audio Teaching - Andrew Wommack Ministries

7. SoapnWater

SoapnWater Junior Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Catholic
    That means you have a Spiritual Gift. The same things happens to me. Next time when that happens, pay attention to WHAT YOU THINK IT SAYS, and not how it applies to your life.

8. DorkiusMaximus

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Faith:
    Christian
    A spiritual gift? Whoa.

Never thought about it like that.

And yeah, I think it's God telling me to rely on Him for answers, rather than others...

9. unclejohn314

unclejohn314 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Baptist
    In my view of things hearing from God is the basis of the Christian life. I can't say that He speaks to through bold type, but yes, I have heard from God many many times. If I were you I would rejoice that at least this time you heard Him. I can promise you He has more to say and it will be for your good. So congrats ......

Unclejohn

10. DorkiusMaximus

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Faith:
    Christian
    Well the text changed on its own, then resumed to be normal. It was crazy :p

11. Clay Vessel

Clay Vessel Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    It's a beautiful thing, DM. God loves you very much! He was telling you that if you will search His Word, the Holy Spirit will teach you what you need to know.

12. DorkiusMaximus

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Faith:
    Christian
    I believe so too :)

:amen:

13. sunshine456

sunshine456 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    I too believe you recieved aid.

Praise GOD the heavenly father and his son lord JESUS CHRIST always....it would seem that you were guided with wisdom to......"Put your trust in GOD and not in man."

Laymens terms-Seek not the knowledge given by man, but that knowledge(WORD)given by GOD the heavenly father and of course his son lord JESUS CHRIST.

Focus on scriptures to aid in discernment. Prayer is always the first intitial step to take though; especially when you desire a relationship with GOD and his son lord JESUS CHRIST nd there is no regret or shame in such.

Praise be to GOD the heavenly father and his son lord JESUS CHRIST always>>>>>>>

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  14. letMypeoplego12

letMypeoplego12 Newbie

I've had this same thing happen! He spoke to me that I shouldn't be using other peoples revelation to a degree that I don't search out the answers myself. We need to go to the Word and have God speak these things to us so we can have root in ourselves.