I Obey, Therefore I Am Loved and Accepted.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You will never overcome your sin until you recognise and acknowledge your sin....and with your present attitude that will never happen.
Someone who thinks they 'already know' is not 'learning' from the Holy Spirit. They close that through pride in their existing knowledge.

He doesn't need the Holy Spirit to learn.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No. Eternal Security is the false gospel because it makes an allowance for sin. It says you can sin and still be saved. As a matter of fact, it is the doctrine of immorality that the Bible itself warns us about in Jude 1:4.

There is no false gospel in faith bringing us to salvation.

Your issue with eternal security is another topic.

Let's talk about the false gospel you present.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your faith is in yourself.

I wouldn't put my faith in my sinful, carnal person.

I choose to put my faith in God changing me into a new creation and sanctifying my life through the Holy Spirit.

I would rethink your understanding. It does not make sense.

I do put my faith in God and not myself in regards to Sanctification. Jesus said we can do nothing without him (John 15:5).

I also see your belief as not making any sense, too. For my perspective, you have to shut off your moral compass or what you know to be good in order to believe the way you do.

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
No. Eternal Security is the false gospel because it makes an allowance for sin.

Nonsense. That is just the conclusion you have arrived at due to your own perverted thinking.

It says you can sin and still be saved.

You still sin. Can you still be saved??

As a matter of fact, it is the doctrine of immorality that the Bible itself warns us about in Jude 1:4.

More nonsense, based in your own perverted thinking.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is no false gospel in faith bringing us to salvation.

Your issue with eternal security is another topic.

Let's talk about the false gospel you present.

I do have a statement of faith listed if you want to know what I believe in regards to Soteriology. You can check that out if you look in the "info" section of my profile here at CF.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Because I believe I will overcome my sin by the power of God. I have faith in His Word that I will have the victory. Just as the alcoholic who joins a program does so with the faith that they will one day forever be sober and free of their addiction to alcohol.

Side Note:

Unaware of what you said yet, I edited my previous post before you quoted it, too.

It's double talk.

You present salvation as a false gospel, but then talk about how after you are saved God is working in you.

When someone is seeking salvation they are not saved yet.

Yet all your theology to them getting saved tells them they have to bring changing their sin to the table as part of salvation.

We bring to God that we Have sinned and know that it is wrong. That is why we need Christ. To take that sin.

I don't know why you do not 'get it'.

Everyone corrects you and you still persist. I think the Holy Spirit is trying to teach you, through us. But in your pride, your holding on to the false theology.

Now, you can do that.

The problem is when you preach this false gospel in Christ's Name to others.

We will each be held responsible for each word we have spoken. Either by sound or in writing. The Word tells us that.

Matthew 12:36
"But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken."

The Word also tells us 'Woe to him who leads the weak in Christ astray'

Matthew 18:5-8
5 “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, 6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin,[a] it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

You got double trouble.

You know your sin. You have been told so many times. Corrected in love. It is on your soul.

God will not be mocked!

Get with God and work this out.

Knock yourself out. I am done throwing pearls at swine. The Word tells us not to do that if one does not listen.

Your on your own buddy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nonsense. That is just the conclusion you have arrived at due to your own perverted thinking.

Then provide me with a real world example so as to convince me. For Jesus illustrated spiritual truth by pointing to truths in the physical world. They were called parables.

You still sin. Can you still be saved??

I do not believe I am sinning now and I have faith that God is able to help me overcome sin this very day. So to say that I will continue in sin when you do not know the future is just you being negative as a result of your wrong belief.

More nonsense, based in your own perverted thinking.
What is Jude 1:4 talking about then?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's double talk.

You present salvation as a false gospel, but then talk about how after you are saved God is working in you.

When someone is seeking salvation they are not saved yet.

Yet all your theology to them getting saved tells them they have to bring changing their sin to the table as part of salvation.

We bring to God that we Have sinned and know that it is wrong. That is why we need Christ. To take that sin.

I don't know why you do not 'get it'.

Everyone corrects you and you still persist. I think the Holy Spirit is trying to teach you, through us. But in your pride, your holding on to the false theology.

Now, you can do that.

The problem is when you preach this false gospel in Christ's Name to others.

We will each be held responsible for each word we have spoken. Either by sound or in writing. The Word tells us that.

The Word also tells us 'Woe to him who leads the weak in Christ astray'

Matthew 18:5-8
5 “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, 6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin,[a] it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

You got double trouble.

Get with God and work this out.

Nobody here is correcting me. In order to correct another believer there is a certain way you go about doing that. Nobody here has followed the proper Biblical method of correcting me here. In addition, I do not believe people who make excuses to remain in their sin are of God. So the fact that you think you and others are correcting me is non sense.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Nobody here is correcting me. In order to correct another believer there is a certain way you go about doing that. Nobody here has followed the proper Biblical method of correcting me here. In addition, I do not believe people who make excuses to remain in their sin are of God. So the fact that you think you and others are correcting me is non sense.

It has corrected you.

You are aware and you choose the way not of God.

Your call because you determine your own fate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Also, I believe salvation can be possessed right here and right now, too.

You preach a false gospel. One sentence cannot undue any harm you have caused potential babes in Christ and Christ's Own.

You cannot undo what you have done.

May the Lord have mercy on you.

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
Then provide me with a real world example so as to convince me. For Jesus illustrated spiritual truth by pointing to truths in the physical world. They were called parables.

I do not believe I am sinning now and I have faith that God is able to help me overcome sin this very day. So to say that I will continue in sin when you do not know the future is just you being negative as a result of your wrong belief.

What is Jude 1:4 talking about then?

Provide you with a real world example of your delusional conclusion? LOL.

Yeah, Jesus spoke in parables, you're not Jesus.

You're sin is obvious to everyone but yourself.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

The 'self' is what we all must conquer.

One needs to look deeply and very closely at self.

The Word tells us how we decieve ourselves, but some may not look. It may not be important.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So God is asking us to pay the maintenance on His gift of salvation?

Since when is it a burden in owning a car? Please name me some gifts in this life whereby you do not have to take care of them that have actual worthwhile benefits to your life? I say this because Jesus illustrated spiritual truth by real world examples.

I don't think

The Bible is not about how we "think" or what we would prefer.

God gives the kind of gifts human beings do.

While this is true, Jesus illustrated important spiritual truths by real world examples.

God gives us the best gifts, like salvation. As I have said in the past to you many, many times we are SEALED in the Holy Spirit, God Himself until the day of redemption.

I know you do not want to hear this, but who does God set his seal upon?

Scripture says God the Father seals the one who labors for the meat that endures unto everlasting life.

"Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed." (John 6:27).​

In other words, that is the condition of having the seal.

Sealing is the covenant that He makes with us.

That is the MISSING PIECE in your entire scenario. You cannot explain why salvation seals our covenant with Jesus with the indwelling Holy Spirit until the Day of our Redemption. Christ says that He WILL NEVER leave us.

1 Samuel 16:14
But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

Psalms 5:11
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me

Again, circumcision was a ”seal” for those under the old covenant.

Romans 4:11
And he received the sign of circumcision, a SEAL of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also

This seal WAS broken and guaranteed nothing when those who were circumcised broke the covenant and were cut off from the people of God.

Romans 2:25-27
25 For circumcision verily profiteth, IF thou keep the law: but IF thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision. 26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? 27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

As you can see, this seal was conditioned on continued faith and obedience. The Holy Spirit marks us as God’s children of the new covenant but if we abandon the faith, and/or live in disobedience then the Spirit of God no longer remains in us and we are no longer sealed. Circumcised (sealed) jews were broken off through unbelief.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The Word tells us how we decieve ourselves, but some may not look. It may not be important.
We are told to examine ourselves on whether or not we are in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5).
We are also to test all things and hold to that which is good (1 Thessalonians 5:21).
I have tested Eternal Security and it is not good in many ways.
For one, it does not exist in Scripture. Two, Eternal Security must ignore morality on some level. Three, the testimonies of the lives that have been hurt and destroyed (with even death being the result) have been numerous involving Eternal Security.
I just do not see evil being the result when people try to obey God's Laws.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I already have. Did you hear the one about the two alcoholics?
I have mentioned this one several times.
Do you want me to repeat it?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Also, if a person is obeying the Commands in the New Testament, they cannot focus on themselves because the very commands themselves would not allow for such a thing. Abiding with Christ and focusing on Him to help you to overcome sin is not about your self but it is about being service to the Lord and in doing what is good and pleasing in His sight instead of focusing on your sin (Which is about your self).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
See, everyone here is screaming..... you are focused on your self by your works. But God commands us to do these things. How would it be bad to do God's Commandments? Yet, everyone here makes an allowance for sin. But see, sin..... is all about your self and not about God. So folks have things backwards here.

Also, I believe God does the good work in me.
So I cannot take the credit for any good done in my life.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
QUOTE="EmSw, post: 69132040, member: 351959"]How does one come forth to the resurrection of life without doing good?
Rather, how does someone with no interest in doing good desire resurrection? Such a creature does not exist.
You make it sound like we earn salvation by performing good works, instead of we do good works as our conscience responds to the mercy of having been graced with saving faith.

Upvote 0