Visit site
✟385.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I NEED THEE EVERY HOUR
Traditional words by Annie Hawks (Hymn)

"I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord … No tender voice like Thine can peace afford … I need thee every hour, stay Thou nearby… Temptations lose their power when Thou art nigh…"

Trying to keep up with all the demands that we have pulling on us in the world can be quite difficult. Sometimes we may feel like we cannot keep up and that the plates we are juggling in our lives are about to fall and shatter. So, we try to readjust our schedule, to keep on going, or try to fix the problem on our own strength, We find that our problems only get worse when we do this. Any kind of self-reliance is an opportunity missed to allow God to help us.

If only we could believe the power in these words of this hymn and lean on the power that is available to us in Jesus Christ. Hour after hour we need to come to our Lord and give Him our concerns, worries, troubles and pain. He tells us, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30 NIV)

The Apostle Paul also challenges us to "not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7 NIV)

When we are in Christ we also find that temptations lose their power and our ability to walk in freedom and victory is more attainable. May we not forget to come to Him who can comfort us of all our problems and restore us and make us whole.

"Thank you Lord Jesus for being there for us at all hours of the day and night. You are always longing to fellowship with us and comfort our burdened hearts. We come to you today and give you all our burdens. Give us rest for our souls and give us the peace that transcends this world. We love you and thank you for all you offer us and are willing to do. In Jesus name we pray. Amen."

EXCERPT FROM WORSHIP REFLECTIONS. A BOOK IN PROGRESS.

RRavens

Sep 1, 2005
Queensland
✟7,673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All too often it is difficult to give up that self reliance - I find myself spiralling down with the burdens of trying to make everything fit into the time constraints of this world. Only when I humbly submit myself to the Lord and his help do I finally find peace from it all.

This is a great message Bluedart.

Upvote 0

bluedart

Jul 5, 2005
Northern California
Visit site
✟385.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
RRavens said:
All too often it is difficult to give up that self reliance - I find myself spiralling down with the burdens of trying to make everything fit into the time constraints of this world. Only when I humbly submit myself to the Lord and his help do I finally find peace from it all.

This is a great message Bluedart.

Thanks for the affirming words. It surely is a great feeling when we submit to Him. The peace of Christ that comes to us from surrender is oh so sweet.

Upvote 0

bluedart

Jul 5, 2005
Northern California
Visit site
✟385.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
JPPT1974 said:
The Lord is there to love and guide us and comfort us. Give us rest and peace of mind. :groupray: :amen:

"He will cover you with feathers, and unders his wings you will find refuge: his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." - Psalms 91:4 (NIV)

I ran across this verse in my quiet time and thought it was a great picture of how God comforts us and protects us.

Upvote 0