Jordan11315

Oct 23, 2016
USA
✟7,612.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
So.. I just want to start off by saying I'm a Seventh Day Adventist, and my whole family is. We're pretty strict Seventh Day Adventists.. and I was wondering why I've been feeling this way.. I've been feeling depressed lately. I'm doing bad in school no matter how hard I try, I study every night. I still don't understand anything. Sometimes I cry because I think I'll never get anywhere with bad grades and my parents always flip out on me. They say I dont try, but I really do try. I spend countless hours nights going over material I learn in school and I still end up doing bad. I get bullied often.. Another thing is that my parents don't want me to get a scholarship... When I can get one easily. I'm an excellent athlete in Cross Country and Track, but because college meets are on Sabbath they don't want me to get a scholarship because If I do, I'll have to run... It's like they want me to reject every letter I get.. What choice do I have? Bad grades.. (I'm talking like 60-70s for grades) and I'm a junior in highschool. Is god planning something for my life and is this all happening for a reason? Or just my life sucks right now.. I'm tearing.. I got a bad score on my psat also.. and I'm a junior.. Isn't that when it counts?

LastAcorn99

Sep 15, 2016
Colorado Springs
✟34,262.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I’m sorry about your situation, Jordan. Do you have a school counselor you can talk to about your struggles with your studies? Have you gotten yourself tested for possible learning disability in some way? Regarding your parents’ concerns, it’s a tricky situation, I would suggest that you talk to your parents again and share your reasons for wanting to opt for scholarship. Also, if you have a family friend or a relative who understands your point of view, maybe, you can get them in to talk on your behalf? I’ll be praying for you. Don’t be discouraged, but continue to trust in God’s faithfulness, okay? Blessings!

Reactions: Linus
Upvote 0

OzAdventist

Oct 11, 2016
:)
✟7,693.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So.. I just want to start off by saying I'm a Seventh Day Adventist, and my whole family is. We're pretty strict Seventh Day Adventists.. and I was wondering why I've been feeling this way.. I've been feeling depressed lately. I'm doing bad in school no matter how hard I try, I study every night. I still don't understand anything. Sometimes I cry because I think I'll never get anywhere with bad grades and my parents always flip out on me. They say I dont try, but I really do try. I spend countless hours nights going over material I learn in school and I still end up doing bad. I get bullied often.. Another thing is that my parents don't want me to get a scholarship... When I can get one easily. I'm an excellent athlete in Cross Country and Track, but because college meets are on Sabbath they don't want me to get a scholarship because If I do, I'll have to run... It's like they want me to reject every letter I get.. What choice do I have? Bad grades.. (I'm talking like 60-70s for grades) and I'm a junior in highschool. Is god planning something for my life and is this all happening for a reason? Or just my life sucks right now.. I'm tearing.. I got a bad score on my psat also.. and I'm a junior.. Isn't that when it counts?

The Lord is with you Jordan11315

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

Upvote 0