I need prayer!

LuketheDuke01

Sep 27, 2015
✟15,114.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am, and have been going to through a very lustful life. I am in a wonderful relationship with my girlfriend who I intend on marrying in the next couple of years, and I can't seem to shake my lustful desires. I pray, and I have trust that I will overcome, but today seems harder then most. I know there is strength in Christ, and strength through Christ.. What I want to know is how do I gain that strength to make up for my lack of strength. I can't figure this out. Where do I get the strength from, where do I get the desire to turn away from lust from. It's all so, OUT OF MY CONTROL!

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Our Father guide Luke in curbing the natural desires of the flesh, and give him wisdom and discipline to avoid and control situations that burn within him. May his girl friend also be of faith so that they may fight this celibacy battle together before marriage. :prayer:

Upvote 0

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟334,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Strength comes from God! Keep asking God for the strength you need.

Also, once you start getting lustful desires do what you can do get your thoughts on other things. Open the Bible and start reading. Talk with God.

It definitely ain't easy.

Upvote 0

Ash8676

Seeker of Answers To Life
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2013
So.Cal, Chino Hills
✟91,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lord, let him have the strength he needs and allow him to always stay strong, show him you are there every step of the way. Do not let any lust grip him and protect him from any grip the enemy is trying to have on him. I pray for this, in Jesus name, Amen.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Father I pray blessings on this request and for the Luke the Duke in Jesus name I pray.

@ 1:40 in the video below... Father in the name of Jesus I pray for those that never did get their request in. Those that have unsaved loved ones I bind the forces of hell in the name of Jesus, those that are sick and diseased and afflicted... Stretch forth that healing hand of Calvary... Touch them from the crown of their head to the soles of their feet... Save every member of their family I pray. Let that resurrection power of Jesus Christ come alive! In the name of Jesus meet the financial needs... Lord I see a lot of mail here from prisoners behind bars. I am asking you to touch their lives, save them and heal them and deliver them and set them free. Use them there in that prison house to bring others at the foot of the cross... In the name of Jesus Satan we bind you... We command you to take your hands off of God's property. Lord, you said that whatever we bind on earth you'll bind it in heaven... What ever we loose on Earth you will loose it in heaven... I loose the people! I loose the people! In the name of Jesus calling the miracle working power of Jesus Christ alive... Amen and Amen!- Your Power Preacher, RW Schambach

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I am, and have been going to through a very lustful life. I am in a wonderful relationship with my girlfriend who I intend on marrying in the next couple of years, and I can't seem to shake my lustful desires. I pray, and I have trust that I will overcome, but today seems harder then most. I know there is strength in Christ, and strength through Christ.. What I want to know is how do I gain that strength to make up for my lack of strength. I can't figure this out. Where do I get the strength from, where do I get the desire to turn away from lust from. It's all so, OUT OF MY CONTROL!
Praying for you to receive God's help to always triumph.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums