I need help from people who really know their OT scriptures in this...

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I need help from other people who really know their OT scriptures on this post in American Politics, please see, http://www.christianforums.com/t7836827/

Mainly I am arguing that God had the solution and told us the solution for building an everlasting nation, what I need is someone who knows where to find and post some of the commands/rules God gave Israel on how to run and build and govern an everlasting nation...

Help please,

God Bless!

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Church does not take directions from the OT --only learns of history, some principles, and the ways of God. The Church is separate from the Israelite religion, and the ways of seekers after God before that.

We are to live godly as "ambassadors for Christ" in this world, be faithful as pilgrims here in this world, exalt Jesus, the Christ, and wait for His return as we dwell in this scene. He will form a new world one day.

Upvote 0

jbearnolimits

Pastor
Mar 13, 2014
Mobile, AL
Visit site
✟16,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Church does not take directions from the OT --only learns of history, some principles, and the ways of God.

LOL, sorry, I just had to point out that when we learn we are taking direction, so we take directions from history, principles, and the ways of God. So this statement is contradictory.

As for this opening post, I think there is one set of verses that can sum up what could make an everlasting nation:

1 Kings 9:4-9

4 And if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, in integrity of heart, and in uprightness, to do according to all that I have commanded thee, and wilt keep my statutes and my judgments: 5 Then I will establish the throne of thy kingdom upon Israel for ever, as I promised to David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man upon the throne of Israel. 6 But if ye shall at all turn from following me, ye or your children, and will not keep my commandments and my statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods, and worship them: 7 Then will I cut off Israel out of the land which I have given them; and this house, which I have hallowed for my name, will I cast out of my sight; and Israel shall be a proverb and a byword among all people: 8 And at this house, which is high, every one that passeth by it shall be astonished, and shall hiss; and they shall say, Why has the Lord done thus unto this land, and to this house? 9 And they shall answer, Because they forsook the Lord their God, who brought forth their fathers out of the land of Egypt, and have taken hold upon other gods, and have worshipped them, and served them: therefore hath the Lord brought upon them all this evil.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I need help from other people who really know their OT scriptures on this post in American Politics, please see, http://www.christianforums.com/t7836827/

Mainly I am arguing that God had the solution and told us the solution for building an everlasting nation, what I need is someone who knows where to find and post some of the commands/rules God gave Israel on how to run and build and govern an everlasting nation...

Help please,

God Bless!

I looked over this thread and couldn't really find what you were using from scripture to base your belief that God wanted to establish the nation of Israel forever. Could you please post the specific scriptures that you are referring to?

God does establish a Kingdom forever, as is prophesied in Daniel:

Daniel 2:34 You watched until a stone was cut out without hands, which struck the image upon its feet which were of iron and clay, and broke them to pieces.
Daniel 2:35 Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver, and the gold were broken to pieces together. And they became like the chaff of the summer threshing floors. And the wind carried them away, so that no place was found for them. And the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.

That is the Kingdom of the Messiah that is coming:

Daniel 2:44 And in the days of these kings, the God of Heaven shall set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed. And the kingdom shall not be left to other peoples, but it shall crush and destroy all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.

This is the only Kingdom that will be established eternally, and it is not a question of if it will happen, but when. Therefore, the nation of Israel could never be established forever because God has already foreordained (before the foundation of the world) that the Kingdom of His Son would be established forever and it will destroy all other earthly kingdoms.

The scriptures which seem to refer to this, such as the one posted above about God always having a man on Davids throne, are prophecy for this coming Messianic age; the man that sits on Davids throne forever is the Lord Jesus Christ. The scripture is not saying it is possible for man to have an eternal kingdom because one is already foreordained, it is established by God and not men.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I looked over this thread and couldn't really find what you were using from scripture to base your belief that God wanted to establish the nation of Israel forever. Could you please post the specific scriptures that you are referring to?

That's what i was needing help with "Scriptures" from the OT backing up my claims that God had a solution to nations economies (the jubille year) and scripture from the OT showing how God gave us the answer building and maintaining and everlasting Kingdom, from the OT. (I've heard them on audio before but cannot find them in scripture)

God Bless you!

Upvote 0

hopeinGod

A voice crying in the wilderness
Jul 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Matt. 13:52: Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

In other words, both the Old and New Testaments are valuable to the Christian, and if we are not looking into both, we will not get a balanced foundation in Christ. Even Jesus quoted from the Old Testament:

But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'" (Matthew 4: 4, NKJV, c.f. Luke 4:4)

LORD." (Deuteronomy 8:3)
Jesus said to him, "It is written again, 'You shall not tempt the LORD your God.'" (Matthew 4:7; cf. Luke 4:12

Then Jesus said to him, 'Away with you, Satan! For it is written, "You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.'" (Matthew 4:10, cf. Luke 4:8)

And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written: "The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed; to proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD."

"You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.'" (Matthew 5:21)

"But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice.' For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance." (Matthew 9:13, cf. Matthew 12:7)

"And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says: 'Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, and seeing you will see and not perceive; for the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, so that I should heal them.'" (Matthew 13:14, 15, cf. Mark 4:11-13, Luke 8:10)

Upvote 0