looking4joy

Looking for Joy
Jul 30, 2012
✟8,171.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I've been living sinfully with my girlfriend for several years. She is a Christian, but for one reason or another doesn't feel the conviction to repent from this. I do have the conviction but am in over my head. I don't know how to break it to her again. I've already told her I don't feel comfortable doing it, and that it needs to change. But she always coerces me back into it. I'm too much of a softy and hate to see her cry. And if she gets angry or indifferent, I have had a really hard time dealing with that. I love her, but this is going on too long. My anxiety is terrible. I'm ruining my own peace.

Please pray for me for courage and strength! I know God's power is made perfect in weakness.

looking4joy

Looking for Joy
Jul 30, 2012
✟8,171.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Is marriage legal where you live?

Ya, we live in Illinois. We've talked about this many times. I'm on LOTS of expensive medicine and see lots of doctors each month because I'm mentally disabled with bipolar schizoaffective, kidney problems, diabetes. I'm on Medicare and Medicaid. If we got married, the HFS office won't tell me if I'll get to keep my Medicaid or not because her income is on the borderline. They say 'get married and we'll let you know how your benefits change.' If we had to suddenly find Medicare supplemental insurance, our bills would be way too much for us.

I need to trust God would provide our needs, but this is hard. My mother doesn't want me to do anything until I find out somehow. My whole family and pastors feel the same way. I do too.

Upvote 0

ron4shua

" ... each in our own order " , Hallelu-YAH .
Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟12,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings Brother Looking4joy , you seem to be in a self professed hopeless situation .
A place I've experienced more than a few times . The first few I stumbled around like a person in a vacuum with no light or way out .

I've been saved by the only one that can , countless times by ways that took my breath .
At times I prayed what seemed to me countless . When I get DOWN and talk , confess I can't help myself . Elohim YAH in YAHshua's Name I give , whatever it is , I'm leaving this at your feet down here where I'm at . Father it's your's , I'm leaving , it , I refuse to fret about , it , ever again for it's yours , THANK YOU , THANK YOU . Truly " Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. " , is my guarantee . THANK YOU for
your REST , Thank you for lifting my burden that's at your feet , relieving this pain , I'm
anxiety free from this nanosecond on , if I try to take , it , back please remind me , You
never leave Your children to turn in the wind , Fatherless .

The Spirit can , but the flesh is weak . When my flesh & / or ego push my obedient Spirit around & I get myself composed again . I simply humbly THANK Father YAH in YAHshua's Name for TAKING , it , giving me HIS peace .

The above works for me , every " in due time " . Use your own words from the deepest recesses of your heart , BEING . I wondered about Saul's thorn in the flesh . It's a place holder to throttle the adversary , your EGO . I pray you're granted half as much rest as I have been . Which is more than enough for TEN folks that need Elohim YAH .

Your brother , the servant ron .

Upvote 0

jbearnolimits

Pastor
Mar 13, 2014
Mobile, AL
Visit site
✟16,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ya, we live in Illinois. We've talked about this many times. I'm on LOTS of expensive medicine and see lots of doctors each month because I'm mentally disabled with bipolar schizoaffective, kidney problems, diabetes. I'm on Medicare and Medicaid. If we got married, the HFS office won't tell me if I'll get to keep my Medicaid or not because her income is on the borderline. They say 'get married and we'll let you know how your benefits change.' If we had to suddenly find Medicare supplemental insurance, our bills would be way too much for us.

I need to trust God would provide our needs, but this is hard. My mother doesn't want me to do anything until I find out somehow. My whole family and pastors feel the same way. I do too.

Well, there are a few things going on here.

1. If she doesn't feel conviction it is because a) she needs to be taught why it is wrong, or b) she doesn't have the Spirit of Christ in her, meaning she isn't saved.

2. You have to find out if you love God more than her, and more than the money.

3. You have a choice to repent and leave, or repent and marry. These are the only 2 right choices. And to be honest, repentance and marriage is the best out of the two.

I'm praying for strength for you two. In the end, you will both have to come to terms with what I said was issue number 1 though.

Upvote 0

chapmic

Follower of Jesus
Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2014
✟50,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you! She might not like it at first but she will respect your decision and from my experience women like it when men make a tough decision. Explain how much you care for her, and explain that you want to do things the Godly way because he provides for both of you. Trust me Jesus is honored and will be proud of you for stepping out by faith because you want to do the Lord's will. Jesus will bless you greatly. God bless!

Upvote 0