Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well I can't afford tattoos right now but I could do some drawing and reading sure
You don't have to get it to design it. Have you seen the BJD (ball-jointed dolls) with "tattoos"? If you get good at it, you can make money at it - but some people are very talented, so there is competition. That is not an inexpensive hobby either - although you can practice on dollar store dolls for design.

bjd_tattoo_woes__by_sicktress-d6dyidr.jpg

Design can really eat up your time when it interests you. But I guess that's true of anything that really interests you.

If you're like my husband, easily bored, then multiple hobbies and interests are best. He skips from one to another, but he comes back to them and does get things done. I'm impressed with what all he's accomplished over the years.

You know the more fun you have, the more fun you'll be to your husband. Try different things and keep at the ones you really like.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You don't have to get it to design it. Have you seen the BJD (ball-jointed dolls) with "tattoos"? If you get good at it, you can make money at it - but some people are very talented, so there is competition. That is not an inexpensive hobby either - although you can practice on dollar store dolls for design.

bjd_tattoo_woes__by_sicktress-d6dyidr.jpg

Design can really eat up your time when it interests you. But I guess that's true of anything that really interests you.

If you're like my husband, easily bored, then multiple hobbies and interests are best. He skips from one to another, but he comes back to them and does get things done. I'm impressed with what all he's accomplished over the years.

You know the more fun you have, the more fun you'll be to your husband. Try different things and keep at the ones you really like.

DaisyDay:

To think that tattoos were once thought of as an almost exclusively male domain: an almost wholly manly thing to have done. Now women have it done to such profusion that apparently in North America 59%-70% of parlor clients are female. I think the profession of tattoo artist has also opened up considerably to women also in the past few decades: this might also be something for talented people to consider doing, not only as a hobby, but as a regulated profession, if they have the flair for it.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well for my wife her hobby is art type things. Custom cards, photo books...etc. For me its gaming, though now that I am married obviously I do it less. We recently went bowling and she really enjoyed it. So that may be our new hobby. Sometimes we have an alone time thing where I maybe go game, watch a tv show and she does something like couponing or FB. Though often times we watch movies together. Volunteer is always good, gives many people a sense of accomplishment. I have done it alot. Though sometimes I feel more called to come on here and help people.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not super active, so I couldn't help you will activities that get your active. I will say that Knit and Crochet are great things to do in the house. A great use for your fancy new chair. There are knit groups in almost every town. I attend Knit night every other Friday. Its a great way to socialize and it can be cheap or expensive depending on the yarn you choose. You can create blankets for non-profit agencies or you can make gifts for family and friends. There is a non-profit in my town that knits bandages for third world countries. And there is another one that makes stuffed animals for children in foster care. Its pretty versatile, easy to learn, and a great way to meet new people.
Yes, it's good to have a hobby that is also of some practical use.Blessings.

Upvote 0