• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I messed up

mottec

Dec 12, 2012
✟7,615.00
Faith
Protestant
Hi

I started reading the bible because I had problems in my life, and I knew that people in my family wished I read some in it.

I think I developed a good understanding of Jesus, as well as the Old Testamente.

Then I got my diagnosis as mentally ill.

Somewhere along the line I lost faith in God, since I was struggling with my sexuality, and doubted that God would accept me.

This led to problematic behaiviour with extreme binge drinking and agressive behaviour. It is now 3 years since then, and as I was given court ordered treatment, I decided to better myself. I think I have come far, but the thing is that I get very sick from the meds. I am overly sensitive to all medications. That makes it even more difficult to oblige with the psychiatrist treatments. Sadly I fond no understanding and no doctors ever believed me. I now have brain damage from medicines and other health issues.

However I do hope that It is not too late to change my ways, which I have tried to do for three years. I understand now, that I need to communicate clearly when I feel threathened by meds(I know sounds strange, but is real for me) or otherwise.

I still feel that real healing in my life, will come from faith, I just wished I had been a little more sincere and strong in my belief of what I was reading and adviced to do from clergy.

All the best

Mottec

lost traveler

May 11, 2015
✟15,151.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Someone from our Church once said that, if you are just starting to read the Bible. "My advise to you is to start reading the New Testament first, because the times and customs from the Old Testament now differ from our own time". I did. And noticed that almost throughout the holy gospels Jesus approached the sinners and the sick, even the worst during that time and forgave and healed them because of their faith.

Have faith and God bless.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 11:45 Says through faith "....out of weakness were made strong". Faith will strengthen you, even if you have had years of loss, nothing is too hard for God. Many disabled people, have great testimonies of how God has strengthened them. I have suffered debilitating mental illness in the past but knowing God and his love for me has strengthened me in many ways. I no longer suffer mental illness, have married, have a good job, all is good for me. Yet looking back I would never have though things could get better.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi

I started reading the bible because I had problems in my life, and I knew that people in my family wished I read some in it.

I think I developed a good understanding of Jesus, as well as the Old Testamente.

Then I got my diagnosis as mentally ill.

Somewhere along the line I lost faith in God, since I was struggling with my sexuality, and doubted that God would accept me.

This led to problematic behaiviour with extreme binge drinking and agressive behaviour. It is now 3 years since then, and as I was given court ordered treatment, I decided to better myself. I think I have come far, but the thing is that I get very sick from the meds. I am overly sensitive to all medications. That makes it even more difficult to oblige with the psychiatrist treatments. Sadly I fond no understanding and no doctors ever believed me. I now have brain damage from medicines and other health issues.

However I do hope that It is not too late to change my ways, which I have tried to do for three years. I understand now, that I need to communicate clearly when I feel threathened by meds(I know sounds strange, but is real for me) or otherwise.

I still feel that real healing in my life, will come from faith, I just wished I had been a little more sincere and strong in my belief of what I was reading and adviced to do from clergy.

All the best

Mottec

I am very sensitive to medication as well; I have CPTSD. I tend to ask doctors to begin with the lowest possible dose to see whether it is sufficient. Sometimes they even listen. : )

None of us is perfect. Our full healing will never come in this world; we are all more or less struggling, and we have all messed up one way or another. The Lord does not wait until we are fully sorted out before he accepts us; it is already done. And then we continue our journey of faith as we are; with all of our imperfections.

Upvote 0