I love CF.com!

Mariya116

Dec 3, 2011
✟16,306.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Inspired by Dorothea's thread, I'd like to say that I love CF overall and TAW in particular.

TAW is: democratic and diverse. While people have strong opinions and willingness to argue to no end, I do not see hostility or disrespect. I am not here so much that I would become too emotionally involved in the forum or that I would develop serious personal likes or dislikes, but it is great for me to learn something new, or to get a question answered, or just to get some laughs.

I love how CF is structured, having so many specific subsections. I go to the Women's section to talk to ladies exclusively, or to the Struggling section to get support, or to the geographic or any other sections if I feel like it.

The absence of police-style moderation makes me feel at ease and comfortable.

The indications of people's location, political affiliation or marital status provides many necessary clues before I speak to these people.

The interface is fun and engaging.

Therefore, many thanks from me for this awesome resource.:)

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OBOB is a trip. That's like a pool of barracuda some days! LOL....hardcore Republican types and super hippied-out liberals, not much of a middle ground.

TAW is way more centered and grounded. People challenge each other's ideas, but in a respectful and non-threatening way. They don't hold grudges and think the worst of people. They're also generally apolitical in their ideaologies. Most people in here don't get mad if you trash the Right or Left, because they are smart enough to know they're both MUFFED-UP!

I've learned loads in this room. And there are just plain NICE people....

Dorothy is like my older sister (not MUCH older, but just a touch) with a heart of gold
Gracefullamb is my smart-alleck younger sister, but I love her
Rus is like my way older brother that gives me wedgies and calls me "butthead" but actually does love me
Big Fudge is like a best friend type
MKJ is my intellectual cousin who is way above my pay grade to "get" and yet she can give me real insights
ArmyMatt is like my cool younger brother, really smart and hilarious
Knee-V is the Rush fan guy I can talk music with and is also really bright
Maria Regina is my aunt who will ask me if I ate my asperagus and check that everything I ate was organic or else...
Anhelyna is my other older aunt who will kick me in my "special place" if I so much as say the wrong thing, but she loves me, it's complicated....
Thekla is a sweet sis

Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
OBOB is a trip. That's like a pool of barracuda some days! LOL....hardcore Republican types and super hippied-out liberals, not much of a middle ground.

TAW is way more centered and grounded. People challenge each other's ideas, but in a respectful and non-threatening way. They don't hold grudges and think the worst of people. They're also generally apolitical in their ideaologies. Most people in here don't get mad if you trash the Right or Left, because they are smart enough to know they're both MUFFED-UP!

Dorothy is like my older sister (not MUCH older, but just a touch) with a heart of gold
Rus is like my way older brother that gives me wedgies and calls me "butthead" but actually does love me
MKJ is my intellectual cousin who is way above my pay grade to "get" and yet she can give me real insights
Maria Regina is my aunt who will ask me if I ate my asperagus and check that everything I ate was organic or else...
Anhelyna is my other older aunt who will kick me in my "special place" if I so much as say the wrong thing, but she loves me, it's complicated....
Thekla is a sweet sis

I laughed out loud because it's so true.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,462,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
yeah, I like how apolitical we are here, despite having folks with some very strong opinions. it has been a blessing for me to have learned on here over the past few years, and to see folks that stick around.

nothing but love to my TAW brothers and sisters, all y'all!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The butthead and wedgies are figurative, of course, Rus. One way or another it's an older brother who constantly finds fault with the younger and relishes each moment! ^_^:p

I HATE wedgies, and will find some other way to express "butthead", but, otherwise, stereotype accepted.
:)

I never go near the GH forum.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Thekla is a sweet sis
:hug: Thanks, bro. :kiss: I think your description of our brothers and sisters here is pretty spot on as well. :D

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
:hug: Thanks, bro. :kiss: I think your description of our brothers and sisters here is pretty spot on as well. :D

I agree. :)

My son invites me to come over for Thanksgiving but tells me not to bring any food. He hates organics. If I eat his food, I get sick as I react to pesticides found in non-organic foods. I cannot eat at most restaurants, and even smelling the food makes me ill. When I go to a restaurant or visit people whom I know serve GMO and non-organic foods, I just ask for tea without sugar, and sneak a little food in my large purse which I eat when no one is watching.

Upvote 0

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
I feel like the neighbor who happens to live near the asylum, but can't help but drop by and talk to the inmates every so often. (I'M KIDDING!! If this was OBOB, I wouldn't DARE make such a joke!)

I love the spirit of TAW. I come across all kinds of cockamamie things while I am in the spiritual desert, and the "inmates" here are so kind and helpful. And that is NOT a joke.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I agree. :)

My son invites me to come over for Thanksgiving but tells me not to bring any food. He hates organics. If I eat his food, I get sick as I react to pesticides found in non-organic foods. I cannot eat at most restaurants, and even smelling the food makes me ill. When I go to a restaurant or visit people whom I know serve GMO and non-organic foods, I just ask for tea without sugar, and sneak a little food in my large purse which I eat when no one is watching.
A sweet older lady at our Church does that to a certain extent. She'll eat a little the majority of the time at coffee hour, but she also brings little snacks with her from home. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,462,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I HATE wedgies, and will find some other way to express "butthead", but, otherwise, stereotype accepted.
:)

I never go near the GH forum.

just no noogies or purple nurples for me if ye please (since, I am the runt of the litter).

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Or how about "atomic wedgies?"

I remember a friend of mine being on the receiving end of one of those at a high school church camp. The counselors (we'd all been friends for a while) hung him by his tighty-whities from the top of the door.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I remember a friend of mine being on the receiving end of one of those at a high school church camp. The counselors (we'd all been friends for a while) hung him by his tighty-whities from the top of the door.

That prank must have hurt. :o

Upvote 0