• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I have PTSD but PTSD does not have me

Ladyghosthunter

Sep 26, 2016
Nebraska
✟15,343.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I have PTSD due to a lifetime of trauma at the hands of my family, my exhusbands and other people who I were to call "friends".

I take 9 medications a day to get me where I need to be mentally but I'm losing the battle and haven't told anyone yet.

However, in saying these things, I've given everything to God and to Jesus. I live through Them minute by minute because I'm not going to let this problem overcome me.

I think what's sad is that lately, I've had bounds of triumph where I'm getting a story published and have been doing great in school but no one to truly share it with. I have no friends here in Nebraska and it stinks. I don't know where to turn to for friends around here without it interfering in school or work.

For those who have PTSD, I am holding your hand. You're not alone and you will NEVER be alone as long as I am standing. I've been alone all of my life and if you need to talk to me, I'm always here.

Love, Heather

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have PTSD due to a lifetime of trauma at the hands of my family, my exhusbands and other people who I were to call "friends".

I take 9 medications a day to get me where I need to be mentally but I'm losing the battle and haven't told anyone yet.

However, in saying these things, I've given everything to God and to Jesus. I live through Them minute by minute because I'm not going to let this problem overcome me.

I think what's sad is that lately, I've had bounds of triumph where I'm getting a story published and have been doing great in school but no one to truly share it with. I have no friends here in Nebraska and it stinks. I don't know where to turn to for friends around here without it interfering in school or work.

For those who have PTSD, I am holding your hand. You're not alone and you will NEVER be alone as long as I am standing. I've been alone all of my life and if you need to talk to me, I'm always here.

Love, Heather
John 14.1-27 is a great passage for those who trust the Lord Jesus: "Let not your heart be troubled..."

Upvote 0

Ladyghosthunter

Sep 26, 2016
Nebraska
✟15,343.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Been having a hard time lately with all of my successes with my story being published and my school being great and no one in my family to share it with because they are dysfunctional. I can't be around them as they are a trigger for me. I believe that my family up in Heaven (Mary, Joseph, Jesus...) are proud of me and that's all that matters.

Upvote 0