• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I hate my life

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I hate my life. I know I have Borderline Personality disorder. I so sick of it. It has ruined my life. I shortly be 40 years old and never had true friends or even a relationship. One unrealistic request to God is to strike me dead now.

Yet I won't commit suicide however I wish my life on earth will be shortened drastically. I sick of it.

DeepWound

May 28, 2014
✟15,120.00
Faith
Methodist
I hate my life. I know I have Borderline Personality disorder. I so sick of it. It has ruined my life. I shortly be 40 years old and never had true friends or even a relationship. One unrealistic request to God is to strike me dead now.

Yet I won't commit suicide however I wish my life on earth will be shortened drastically. I sick of it.

The first and most important step on the road to recovery is to admit that something is wrong. You have strength my friend. Most people with BPD don't admit there is a problem with them. You understand it and you know that it's BPD. Have you been professionally diagnosed with BPD? Or are you just speculating?

I would recommend that you see a professional therapist that specializes in BPD (once it's diagnosed, could be something else). There are a lot a ways BPD can be treated and healthy ways to handle what your going through. People can and do recover from BPD. It takes work but the first step is to admit there is a problem and you've already done that. You are not alone my friend!!

You are in my prayers Dude!! May you seek Gods guidance in finding a GOOD Therapist that can work with you in dealing with BPD.

SINCERELY, DW

Upvote 0

ladyjazz

Apr 16, 2014
Michigan USA
✟8,033.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
My true diagnosis is BPD. I know this sounds bad but...im.storing.up my treasures for Heaven. Im well aware how serious this is and, if not for Jesus, i woulda packed it up long ago. Im almost 48 and just got my true diagnosis@ 44. Wth? Im almost done w life!! Lol

Im sorry for you. I know this illness. Its SO HARD! My lfe totally ruined, like you. But i learned to smell the roses, enjoy an ice cream. Listen to great music. Pray. Jesus has a special place for us. But we must finish this race. I know jesus loves you. Understands you and wants you well. Not just feel good words, its the TRUTH! I dont come to Cf playing games about how good God is. He just is good and you have a heavy cross. Theres a great blog for Christian borders. Google jesus, BPD and it will come up. Please endure and things do get better. Somedays i dont even know i have it. I cherish those good days. Im not good with advice, but feel free to pm me. Any BPD can pm me. We are very unique and can walk together. Praying my dear friend!

Upvote 0

ladyjazz

Apr 16, 2014
Michigan USA
✟8,033.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
The first and most important step on the road to recovery is to admit that something is wrong. You have strength my friend. Most people with BPD don't admit there is a problem with them. You understand it and you know that it's BPD. Have you been professionally diagnosed with BPD? Or are you just speculating?

I would recommend that you see a professional therapist that specializes in BPD (once it's diagnosed, could be something else). There are a lot a ways BPD can be treated and healthy ways to handle what your going through. People can and do recover from BPD. It takes work but the first step is to admit there is a problem and you've already done that. You are not alone my friend!!

You are in my prayers Dude!! May you seek Gods guidance in finding a GOOD Therapist that can work with you in dealing with BPD.

SINCERELY, DW
Great advice! Many do get better, but w me its been hard.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Great advice! Many do get better, but w me its been hard.

I was married to a BPD wife and I can tell you, you have taken the most difficult step by admitting you need to get help.

Most who suffer from BPD, never get better, because they can never take responsibility for their actions or admit they need to get help.

You are on the right track by doing so.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering so much and have suffered so much because of your Borderline Personality Disorder. I know what it feels like as I also suffer from this disorder and have suffered much because of it and continue to do so. However, one should always remember that all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord.

Therefore, since we are justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have obtained access to this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in our hope of sharing the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not disappoint us, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
(Romans 5:1-5 RSV-CE)

We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose.
(Romans 8:28 RSV-CE)

Also, try to have hope because when we all hopefully someday make it to Heaven, God will wipe away all of our tears and there will be no more pain or suffering.

They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; the sun shall not strike them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and he will guide them to springs of living water; and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."
(Revelation 7:16-17 RSV-CE)

Reactions: patricius79
Upvote 0