Oct 14, 2003
✟67,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Its just a little red igneous rock. I got it from one of my lesbian friends. I helped her and her partner out of a little hometown jam a while back and she wanted to return the favor.

See, I’ve been having some trouble staying employed lately. Canceled contracts, that sort of thing. Business is business. But she gave me this rock. She said to keep in on me and it would help me find a job. It’s a druid thing. I figured, what the heck.

I mean I keep a card with a prayer to St. Anthony on me too. But St. Anthony and I go a long way back together. Me and the rock, I don’t know.

Anyway, it might have helped because I got an offer on a job.

The problem is it’s with the local synod Evangelical Lutheran Church of America.

So now I’m asking opinions: Which one of these gets me barred from communion quicker ?

Reactions: wiggsfly

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
LOL. I don't think there's necessarily a problem with working for a Lutheran Church. Why would there be?

I work for a Catholic hosptial that performs sterilization procedures and sells condoms in the outpatient pharmacy for crying out loud. I think I'm in a tighter position than you. :) Seriously though, it DOES bother me. terribly.

Michelle

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Although I won't touch the communion question this is definately one of the most unique posts I've read in a while.

Good Luck!
I live a unique life.

Its a blessing.

I once was arrested in the company of a prostitute for driving the wrong way down a one way street. (I was a little lost). I explained to the police that I was merely giving the poor lady a ride after she had been thrown out of the car of one of her customers and had turned incorrectly on to a one way street.

The prostitute, having legal issues at hand, said nothing.

The police threatened to call my wife and tell her I was with a prostitute if I didn't confess to solicting. I told them to call her.

The did. They explained the moving violation, the prostitute and my story, which the made some sport of.

My wife's reponse: "Officer, beleive it or not, that sounds like him"

They let me go with warning ticket on the one way thing.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟67,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
LOL. I don't think there's necessarily a problem with working for a Lutheran Church. Why would there be?

I work for a Catholic hosptial that performs sterilization procedures and sells condoms in the outpatient pharmacy for crying out loud. I think I'm in a tighter position than you. :) Seriously though, it DOES bother me. terribly.

Michelle

If it makes you feel any better there is no such thing as a "Catholic" hospital anymore.

The Diocese no more runs that hospital than then the shareholder run a corporatoin. HMO's, Insurance companies, Medicare - these are the people with the money and the power, hospitial just do what then say. Catholic hospitals pick the battles carefully and rarely buck the system. Otherwise they'd close down.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟67,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
LOL, charlie, you are a pip
the rock, or the Lutherans...
both are not great things but neither one is evil, God made the rock so it is good, but you should not use it as a fetish
Leave my fetishes out of this.

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Lutherans are a Great thing... they are people and God made them.

As for the rock... I have a peice of concrete from a parish I used to attend. A car drove through the wall and after the repare there was a pile of rubbish. I went over and got an unlgy piece of mortar. One of my prize posessions.

Now if your friend gave you the rock it is a keepsake. Most valuable.... like a photogragh.

Of course, you know me to well to believe that I meant what I just said, don't you Charlie ?
(about the rock... not the Lutherans. I meant what I said about the Lutherans.)

Upvote 0

futuredoc

somewhere between raising hell and amazing grace
Mar 8, 2006
✟17,301.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I live a unique life.

Its a blessing.

I once was arrested in the company of a prostitute for driving the wrong way down a one way street. (I was a little lost). I explained to the police that I was merely giving the poor lady a ride after she had been thrown out of the car of one of her customers and had turned incorrectly on to a one way street.

The prostitute, having legal issues at hand, said nothing.

The police threatened to call my wife and tell her I was with a prostitute if I didn't confess to solicting. I told them to call her.

The did. They explained the moving violation, the prostitute and my story, which the made some sport of.

My wife's reponse: "Officer, beleive it or not, that sounds like him"

They let me go with warning ticket on the one way thing.
Funniest thing I've read in a while, sounds like something that could happen to my parents (they live a unique life too) Good Luck with the job

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BrRichSFO

Aug 29, 2006
✟16,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Its just a little red igneous rock. I got it from one of my lesbian friends. I helped her and her partner out of a little hometown jam a while back and she wanted to return the favor.

See, I’ve been having some trouble staying employed lately. Canceled contracts, that sort of thing. Business is business. But she gave me this rock. She said to keep in on me and it would help me find a job. It’s a druid thing. I figured, what the heck.

I mean I keep a card with a prayer to St. Anthony on me too. But St. Anthony and I go a long way back together. Me and the rock, I don’t know.

The problem is it’s with the local synod Evangelical Lutheran Church of America.

So now I’m asking opinions: Which one of these gets me barred from communion quicker ?
If the rock is not eatable, toss it into the flower garden where it belongs, and go to work for the Lutheran church, maybe you can convert them!

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟67,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If the rock is not eatable, toss it into the flower garden where it belongs, and go to work for the Lutheran church, maybe you can convert them!

I can't even convert lesbian druids, what chance do I have with Scandinavian Luthrans ?

Upvote 0

Da_Funkey_Gibbon

I'm just like the others...
Jan 8, 2005
✟20,178.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

I told them Protestantism was a pagan conspiracy, but would they listen?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If you get the job at the Lutheran church, you really oughta take the opportunity to nail some of our Church's complaints about them on their front door.

I live in Wisconsin, we have alot of Lutherans arround here, they're good people. Congrats on landing a job.

Upvote 0

japhy

Melius servire volo
Jun 13, 2006
Princeton, NJ, USA
Visit site
✟8,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you get the job at the Lutheran church, you really oughta take the opportunity to nail some of our Church's complaints about them on their front door.
I'm going to pre-emptively say that's the funniest thing I'll hear all day.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.