• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

servant4ever

Servant of Jesus Christ
Jan 9, 2004
Saint Paul
✟17,534.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Why do I even try to get counseling help? Everything just goes bad for me. My counseling place ended up billing my stupid school instead of my insurance company. Now the head dean of my school called me having me set up an appointment with her. She was all upset on the phone. I'm probably going to get expelled for "taking advantage of the school" even though I did give my insurance stuff to the cousneling place. STUPID COUNSELING PLACE. I'm not going to counseling anymore, all they do is give me more stress and more depressed. Why is the counseling billing people so dumb? You would think they would be really careful to bill the correct place so this situationd oesn't happen. My life always goes bad, it never goes good.

servant4ever

apadilla

More Jesus!!!, Less Religion!!!
Jul 26, 2004
Bedford, TX
Visit site
✟1,298.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I will pray for you!!!
Please!!!!, dont ever give up on Jesus, he never gave up on us.
Some of the things that we go through are trials, there is always something good that will come out of them.
Stay positive, focused, and pray, pray, pray.
We ALL go through some tough times in our lives, but we have to refocus ourselves on GOD.
P - Praise
R - Repent
A - Ask
Y - Yield to GOD!!!

May GOD Bless You!!! and HE WILL!!!!!

Upvote 0

hat lady

Oct 12, 2004
USA
✟7,905.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
apadilla is right,
never give up.
People will always make mistakes, just like we do.

Pray before going to see the head dean, that God would soften his heart and allow you to tell your side of the story. That he would understand.

Ask your mom, or dad, or older friend person to go with you to the cousneling place to straigthen out the situation.

This is a situation that can be fixed. NOt like being someone back from the dead.

Take a deep breath, and ask God to help you get everything straight and to give you the strength while doing this. Guess what? He will!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Good to hear that you worked it out. Now, since you are quitting counseling that means that I dont have to go to the Dr right?

DONT EVER GIVE UP!!

Dont let the enemy win. I personally can testify that whenever God would do something awesome in my life satan would slink along and try to destroy it. Please sweetie, dont give up, you need to have someone to talk to, I dont want to lose you, please stick with it. Please....for me if not for anyone else...please....

Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

EbonNelumbo

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I just thought that i would post about how sweet servant is...

lol...really now though, I am quite porud of you that you have been making such progress. Keep it up and remember that if I cannot always be here for you God will be...*hug**HUg*

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I know this is a little late in being replied to, but there is a law nicely known as HIIPA. Basically, it says that your counseling place would be in violation of the law if they let ANYONE, and that is explicit know that you are a client there, unless you were going to harm yourself or another person. They broke the law when they notified your school of that you went there.

Reactions: EbonNelumbo
Upvote 0

Glorianna

I'm a proud Canadian who married an American!
Mar 29, 2004
USA
✟30,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
servant4ever said:
Why do I even try to get counseling help? Everything just goes bad for me. My counseling place ended up billing my stupid school instead of my insurance company. Now the head dean of my school called me having me set up an appointment with her. She was all upset on the phone. I'm probably going to get expelled for "taking advantage of the school" even though I did give my insurance stuff to the cousneling place. STUPID COUNSELING PLACE. I'm not going to counseling anymore, all they do is give me more stress and more depressed. Why is the counseling billing people so dumb? You would think they would be really careful to bill the correct place so this situationd oesn't happen. My life always goes bad, it never goes good.

servant4ever

Wow, did you try explaining it to your school and asking your counseling place to fix their mistake? You shouldn't have to deal with that. I think that counseling is helpful and I'm sorry that you're getting turned off of it because of bad experiences.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EbonNelumbo

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Here is an update on Servant...

He is my best friend and he left CF for a while some time ago, this is because he is an Open Theist and apparently OP's cannot be mods or something, his words not mine, and he was very upset when he refused to deny OP and continue being a mod here...

He is on AIM a lot and I will tell him to check this site and this specific link if anyone wants to send some encouragement his way...

Upvote 0