US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I received the Holy Spirit speaking in tongues at 14 and outside of what anyone believes I know that it was real.

Outside of this experience and when the Spirit falls on me. I don't feel like God is in my life. I feel completely alone in everything I do. I pray and cry and cry asking for God to help me and he hasn't. I've gone through extremes to figure out how to get closer to God to understand this life I was given. God has not showed up.

I don't understand it. And I honestly find myself questioning whether God is real or do I just keep making excuses for him. I see all the explanations other Christians give for why God doesn't do things. None of it makes sense. It seems there's always some explanation they come up with so that it's always our fault.

I can't explain what happened to me other than God is real and the Holy Ghost is real, but I can't explain why God seems completely non existent in this world.

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sounds like you're doing it wrong. It sucks but it's true. We all wish pleading with God worked as valid prayer, but it never does.

Once you learn how to pray, you don't plead with God ever. There's no point. It's a big waste of time, and it makes things worse if anything. Most all pleading prayers are unbelief prayers, with rare exceptions.

Since unbelief is a sin, God never wants to respond to it. It's ungodly and he never encourages it. What you do instead:

- Seek God's will & wisdom from scripture
- Use the faith and authority scripture gives, to enforce God's word in the world around us... God's word is true, it comes to pass, but it comes to pass when someone exercises it on Earth by speaking it and believing it. Think of Daniel praying to God. Daniel reminded God what God had said he would do, and then the manifestation of God's will occurred where the angel was sent to Daniel, about when the Jews would return to Israel. In the situation for NT Christians, you enforce the blessings of Deuteronomy 28 into your life, and you enforce the prayers in the epistles into your life. Find the prayers in the epistles, and pray those in faith.
- Take God's supernatural power as far as you want, God never shuts me down when I do it according to the word... what shuts me down is my unbelief. I found out how I was promised supernatural attractiveness in God's word, and I believed it, and became way more attractive in just a few days, people were complimenting me, but persecution came and I stumbled. I'm getting back into it now. But I've been healed of several things prior and got supernatural wisdom and finances from God.

After you see God's supernatural power begin manifesting in your life, you stop questioning whether he is there for you. He has your back 100% at all times. You just exercise what he has given you which proves he is there.

-----------------

This book taught me how to pray right:
http://www.christianbook.com/the-believers-authority-kenneth-hagin/9780892764068/pd/64061?dv=c&en=google&event=SHOP&kw=christian-living-0-20|64061&p=1179710&gclid=CO_sk5XSoc0CFZSCaQod8v4E8g

I'll boast about it too, because it's Jesus. If you learn how to pray God's will, I tell you, the heavens and Earth will move to see it done. If you pray right, according to covenant, it's God's throne that is mandated to answer the prayer, for if God fails when his word is spoken and enforced, then his Genesis 15 covenant fails, where he swore destruction upon himself should he fail to uphold the covenant he made with Abraham.

So when you pray that way, through covenant according to his promises, nothing can stop it except the person who prays, where we are tempted into unbelief. After you pray it, persecution will come to try and stop you. You have to stand firm through that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angeleyes7715
Upvote 0

Peace Keeper

Jun 10, 2016
Texas, USA
✟16,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes we go through hardships without really understanding why, just like Job, he didn't do anything wrong but his faith was tested. Just stand firm in your faith and stay in His Word, trust in Him and fill your life with the word, when you rise up, when you go out in the world and when you go to bed. The more we stay in His Word, the more we feel His presence, His comfort, and peace. Our problems may not go away, but He stands beside us, saying He will never leave us nor forsake us as long as we are following Him in Spirit and in Truth. Maybe He is testing you and refining you to see if you will stay faithful no matter what.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also, Yahweh's evident all around such as:
"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psa 118:24
"Thus saith God the Lord, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:" Isa 42:5 ETC

We're to take every thought captive (II Cor 10:5) and renew our minds with His Word (Rom 12:2). So when the thoughts come that G_d doesn't help me, immediately think on Scriptures such as:
-"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way" Psa 37:23
-"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psa 46:1
-"-Yahweh loves you with an everlasting love (John 3:16-17, Jer 31)
'...even the very hairs of your head are all numbered." Luke 12:7 (which are constantly changing)
Healthy doses of worship (Psa 145).
+++++

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I received the Holy Spirit speaking in tongues at 14 and outside of what anyone believes I know that it was real.

Outside of this experience and when the Spirit falls on me. I don't feel like God is in my life. I feel completely alone in everything I do. I pray and cry and cry asking for God to help me and he hasn't. I've gone through extremes to figure out how to get closer to God to understand this life I was given. God has not showed up.

I don't understand it. And I honestly find myself questioning whether God is real or do I just keep making excuses for him. I see all the explanations other Christians give for why God doesn't do things. None of it makes sense. It seems there's always some explanation they come up with so that it's always our fault.

I can't explain what happened to me other than God is real and the Holy Ghost is real, but I can't explain why God seems completely non existent in this world.

Joh 20:25-29 KJV
(25) The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
(26) And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
(27) Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
(28) And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
(29) Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

you're trying to perceive God's presence by your physical senses - your 'feelings' in this case.

Heb 13:5 KJV
(5) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

when you feel alone, remind yourself of God's promise to never leave nor forsake you - if your trust is in His unchanging word, you'll know He's there even when there's zero evidence outside of His word, and you will be at peace no matter what the circumstances are :)

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Obviously, I'd say, the mistake described in the first paragraph has something to do with the letdown you described in the second paragraph. Think about it.

No matter which church it is, to bank on the externals, whether that is the spiritual look of stained glass or being 'slain in the spirit' and speaking in "tongues," is likely to leave the worshipper with basically just that--a bunch of external stimuli to the senses. That's not what you are hoping for when you say you want God himself.

Upvote 0

Pamelav

Child of God.
Apr 9, 2012
Usa
✟11,247.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry you feel that way. When I think back, I didn't get a major happening like the baptism in the H.S. (Tho later on in life I did). So looking from a different perspective, I guess it seems maybe you expect to 'feel' God rather than just KNOW He is there and that He loves you. So maybe stepping off from that frame of mind, go about your day do what you believe God wants you to do throughout the day? KNOWING that He is right there even if you don't feel Him. Sounds kind of like a faith thing.

I want to add that reading the bible outloud does seem to be an annointing experience.

Actually, I think your faith has been in the hole.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The reality is that you should not base your faith upon how you feel. Spiritual experiences are good, but should not dictate to us our faith. Faith must be grounded on the word of God, the bible. God only needs to communicate enough to us to keep us saved, that is God's task. You don't need to have glorious heavenly experiences.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
THe New Testament talks about "the Church" as an important thing for a reason. Don't try to do it on your own. Being a maverick Christian is not a good idea. I tried that for about 5 months this past year, I figured I was done going to church, and all I found from the experience is that any decent church is better than no church at all. Look for a place where people are loving more than they insist on being right - that's about the only general advice I can give you here right now.

What spiritual experiences have done for me is be the nagging thing in my mind that pulls me back to God- it draws me away from the world, but it's not something we can count on for God to do all the time. The reality is, we live in a world where God is often not going to be waving around a flag to get our attention, that's part of a mature Christian life. Mostly what God wants us to do is relate to him through very ordinary means, going to church and being with other Christians (in the real, physical world if possible), reading the Bible, receiving the Lord's Supper, and serving him through the various roles we find ourselves in, in our daily lives.

Upvote 0

Geralt

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2016
GB
Visit site
✟67,802.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
you really would not know, understand, love and experience the true God of scriptures and His will by simply uttering a bunch of syllabus and getting into an emotional high. time for you to study God's word seriously, leave the "elementary things" (Heb 6:1). your experience is not unique and has been like others as well. if you think something is terribly missing, go back to the word, seek help from others or continue to ask very specific questions in this forum. everyone is glad to help guide you in scriptures. you are only alone if you want to be alone.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. It is sometimes hard to believe in God, in this world full of chaos and confusion. One thing I find helpful is that although its sometimes hard to believe in God, its harder yet to not believe in Him. So I'm not the greatest example of faith? I cant do miracles, but I can persevere. Perhaps God has already answered our prayers, perhaps his answer is perseverance. Perhaps we must arm ourselves with the mind of a soldier. Maybe this is where the rubber of hope meets the road of faith. What else will we do? Give up on the Lord? That is far more hopeless I think.

This scripture helps me.

John 6:67 “You do not want to leave too, do you?” Jesus asked the Twelve.

68 Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

Romans 5 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a] have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we[c] also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

Romans 8:18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that[h] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

James 1:2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Philippians 3:12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0