Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟865,413.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This time of year when I'm out walking I sometimes pilfer, I mean, pick up a few fallen pecans and take them home and eat them. Occasionally the shell has a crack in it all the way through to the meat inside. I sometimes eat those, but I was thinking I maybe shouldn't because little bugs or bacteria could've gotten in there, but then lots of fruits and vegetables aren't completely sealed in their skin and even if store-bought they've lain around in crates or bags in a warehouse or in a truck or something. Should one eat pecans with cracked shells?

• Haha
Reactions: brinny

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bugs and bacteria really aren't bad for you, for the most part - it's fungus that you have to watch out for in temperate climates.

Is your nose any good? Mine varies depending on the allergens in season. Anything that smells at all funky should be thrown out as well as anything discolored or moldy.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟865,413.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Bugs and bacteria really aren't bad for you, for the most part - it's fungus that you have to watch out for in temperate climates.

Is your nose any good? Mine varies depending on the allergens in season. Anything that smells at all funky should be thrown out as well as anything discolored or moldy.
Okay thanks. But I'll send you an angry PM if I get sick. ;)

:mad: So that's where our pecans are going!

Well we kind of have unwritten rules around here. The area is lousy with them, and some people use them, some don't. :)

• Haha
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I was walking along the sidewalk one day when I saw, what appeared to be, dog doody on the ground. I went up and sniffed it, and it smelled just like dog doody. When I picked it up it felt just like dog doody, and when I licked it, it tasted just like dog doody too! Good thing I didn't step in it!

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was walking along the sidewalk one day when I saw, what appeared to be, dog doody on the ground. I went up and sniffed it, and it smelled just like dog doody. When I picked it up it felt just like dog doody, and when I licked it, it tasted just like dog doody too! Good thing I didn't step in it!
I ... I think I'm gonna ... :sick:

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This time of year when I'm out walking I sometimes pilfer, I mean, pick up a few fallen pecans and take them home and eat them. Occasionally the shell has a crack in it all the way through to the meat inside. I sometimes eat those, but I was thinking I maybe shouldn't because little bugs or bacteria could've gotten in there, but then lots of fruits and vegetables aren't completely sealed in their skin and even if store-bought they've lain around in crates or bags in a warehouse or in a truck or something. Should one eat pecans with cracked shells?

The first step of any experiment is always: examine your sample.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In third world countries, you could pick nasty stuff like Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, etc.
Thanks to Hinduism, which the educated elite here compare to Christianity, many starve to death, while their "sacred cows" roam the streets right in front of them.

They also go down and wash in their sacred river, the Ganges, where cows upstream are urinating.

And thanks to Gandhi, who loves our Jesus, but not His Christians, many wouldn't think of killing an animal of any kind.

Second to Jesus Christ, they need Bob Evans and Colonel Sanders.

Christian organizations send them relief and C.A.R.E. packages, while the educated elite here sit and deride what they (the Christians) believe in.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,055.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thanks to Hinduism, which the educated elite here compare to Christianity, many starve to death, while their "sacred cows" roam the streets right in front of them.

They also go down and wash in their sacred river, the Ganges, where cows upstream are urinating.

And thanks to Gandhi, who loves our Jesus, but not His Christians, many wouldn't think of killing an animal of any kind.

Christian organizations send them relief and C.A.R.E. packages, while the educated elite here sit and deride what they (the Christians) believe in.

That is sadly because of ignorance.

They do it because of ignorance. But they are not entirely to blame, we Christians often take things too far because of ignorance as well.

Humanity is an ignorant species, no matter what creed or color or religion. It is ignorance we are so gullible and easily manipulated. It's a miracle we haven't destroyed ourselves already.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,432.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Germs are not so much of a problem, washing them should take care of that.. But you should propably get informed about parasites in your region. Some animals are infected with worms, and you can get those by eating them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,432.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

The real thing to help the starving in India would be a better infrastructure. Next to the amount of spoilage due to inefficient transportation, eating all the holy cows would be negligible.

https://www.indiafoodbanking.org/hunger

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0