• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I don't belong anywhere

Ladyghosthunter

Sep 26, 2016
Nebraska
✟15,343.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
When I reach out for help and try to make friends, they all just leave or I'm ignored. I've been ignored all of my life. It's very painful and it triggers me often.

Why is it on this board the same thing happens? I said hi and everyone avoids me like the plague. What did I do or say that has people avoiding me. Not one person has said hi...no one. Am I that bad of a person?

Reactions: Dave-W

Ladyghosthunter

Sep 26, 2016
Nebraska
✟15,343.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I feel avoided, shunned, ridiculed and it sends me to my knees. Is this what it's like being a martyr or a saint that has suffered horrendous acts of violence for their faith? I don't feel like a human being right now. Sorry but I'm crying.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Is this what it's like being a martyr or a saint that has suffered horrendous acts of violence for their faith?

No. Corrie ten Boom, learned and experienced like those in the Bible
Joy, Peace, and Love during her horrendous prison camp experiences.
Her testimonies of God's Faithfulness
(books OR youtube(a lot available) ) might be the most gentle ,
safest, and
best upbuilding and uplifting (for anyone, of any age)
to watch of all that's available.

Oh, and Nora Lam, who was arrested and made to do slave labor in a rock quarry while pregnant, never gave up, as
shown in the book and movie "For Those Tears",
is very encouraging of God's Faithfulness when we can do nothing,
but I don't know if that's available for free or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When I reach out for help and try to make friends, they all just leave or I'm ignored. I've been ignored all of my life. It's very painful and it triggers me often.

Why is it on this board the same thing happens? I said hi and everyone avoids me like the plague. What did I do or say that has people avoiding me. Not one person has said hi...no one. Am I that bad of a person?
People are frequently guilty of not considering other peoples' ideas and feelings. They just say or do the first thing that comes to mind and to heck with what anyone else thinks.

The good news is that people aren't trying to hurt you. I'm not sure if that helps when you're the one being hurt or feeling left out but at least you know it's not intentional on their part.

Reactions: sparkle123
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

Hi Heather.

I am afraid you have to leave it a few hours before looking for replies; I for one live in the UK, and have only just got up. When you were posting and looking for a response just an hour or so later, I was asleep. I certainly would not have ignored you.

I am afraid you are finding what is familiar to you, and assuming that this situation is the same. This place is not the same; you are not a bad person and nobody is avoiding you. But you are being triggered by non replies into thinking that we are treating you badly. And in case you think I don't know what I am talking about, I have the same condition as you, and I find myself responding to the world in the exact same way. I do it all the time, and cause myself a lot of grief in the process.

This can be a safe place for you, as long as you are careful to protect yourself. One way might be by posting last thing at night, switching off the PC and then seeing in the morning who has replied. And keep away from any part of the forum which might cause you distress or harm, for now.

Take care.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I feel avoided, shunned, ridiculed and it sends me to my knees. Is this what it's like being a martyr or a saint that has suffered horrendous acts of violence for their faith? I don't feel like a human being right now. Sorry but I'm crying.

These feelings came to you just a couple of hours after you joined the forum and first posted.

I know the feelings are intense and seem to be real, but please realise they are not caused by this place or anyone here. They are feelings from what happened before, transferred into the present moment.

You have to give people on a message board time to reply; we don't all sit here all the time looking for people to respond to.

And now for the good news; you have opened yourself to the possiblity of rejection and taken a huge chance by coming here and posting at all. For someone with our condition this is a huge act of faith and hope. You are paying for taking that chance by the anxiety that it has caused to you, which is indeed like physical pain; but you won.

You registered here, you posted, you waited and you are now making friends. You fought against all of your worst fears, you took a chance and now you are not being avoided, you are not being shunned and you are not being ridiculed. Anyone who wants to attempt any of those things will have to go through me first!

This is where you belong. x

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why is it on this board the same thing happens? I said hi and everyone avoids me like the plague. What did I do or say that has people avoiding me. Not one person has said hi...no one.
Well, that stops here. "HI ! ! !"

There is no way we can tell what kind of person you are, so there is no way we can think you a "bad person." In your OP, it sounds like you have been wounded by rejection. The devil loves to jump on that, something like poking at a wound so you stay in pain.

I pray you find a safe place here to heal.

Upvote 0

NicoleWilliams

Sep 14, 2016
Colorado
✟7,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aww.. I am so sorry you’re feeling that way. Please know that the Lord cares for you and loves you deeply. And, remember that God is a faithful Friend forever, whose love and acceptance never changes. He will always be by your side, ready to listen to your heart and provide wisdom and guidance in all the aspects of your life. Also, I feel it would be a good idea if you can surround yourself with some encouraging people around you – like your family or church members. It might be helpful. I just said a prayer for you and hope you will feel better. Hugs!

Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sparkle123

Site Supporter
May 1, 2015
✟64,572.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there. Just want to say that I didn't see your post until now, but I too understand what it's like to feel rejected when people don't respond quickly. For me, I'm very shy ... Have few friends "irl" and it's hard to put myself out there on or off the internet. I was made fun of a lot as a kid and had a very hard time at home and it's stuck with me, this expectation/fear of rejection. I'm sure I'm not unique in having had some pretty terrible experiences like this, but it sticks with you...

I hope you'll come back. These forums have been good for me and I think they could be good for you too. Hope all is well.

Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0