I cry as I tell Jesus how much I love Him?

Jan 20, 2015
Suffolk, UK
✟15,148.00
Faith
Baptist
Hey guys!

So everyday I'm learning more and more about Jesus and I just can't get enough of Him! I am so glad I was saved last year as I had been through the wrangler so to speak and He found me!

Sometimes when I've been listening to worship songs and prayerfully reading the Bible I break down in tears and sobs for my sins as I'm realising how much Jesus loves me and that nothing can top Christ's eternal love :)

I'm normally a very sensitive and emotional kinda guy anyway and I sometimes have a hard time handling my emotions in situations so I'm not sure if it's just me or it's the Holy Spirit working?

What would you say?

God bless you all brothers and sisters!

Reactions: MrJim

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Me too. I'm the same way. I will randomly start crying as I'm reading, praying, or talking to people about Jesus, and/or what He has done

It's His love that we don't know how to react to except by tears.. It's not sadness but just many emotions at once.. It's hard to explain but God is so good :)

Upvote 0

Star Adept

Feb 8, 2015
✟541.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I may not be so emotional to cry -- not that there's anything wrong with that -- but I was recently saved as well so I know where you're coming from. It is indescribable to recognize the love. To be loved by another person, you can't help but to have doubts about their intent. But, to recognize the love of the Lord, there is no doubt. It is pure and the more you give to Him, the more He gives back to you. Let 'em flow, man.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looking back over 60 years knowing the Lord Jesus, I am so very humbled and thankful and devoted to my Savior, who thought upon this poor wretch and saved my soul --bringing me "out of darkness into His marvelous light" (1 Pet. 2:9). It has been a long journey for me which may be near to end, but what a joy and prospect there is to see and be with my Lord forever!

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys!

So everyday I'm learning more and more about Jesus and I just can't get enough of Him! I am so glad I was saved last year as I had been through the wrangler so to speak and He found me!

Sometimes when I've been listening to worship songs and prayerfully reading the Bible I break down in tears and sobs for my sins as I'm realising how much Jesus loves me and that nothing can top Christ's eternal love :)

I'm normally a very sensitive and emotional kinda guy anyway and I sometimes have a hard time handling my emotions in situations so I'm not sure if it's just me or it's the Holy Spirit working?

What would you say?

I'm overly emotional, so I don't often shed tears during times of worship. But I know some who do.

But just a word of caution. The level of emotion should not be an indicator of who worships more/less.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys!

What would you say?

if your normally emotional, then there is your answer. that doesn't mean its wrong. gratefulness comes in different means.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment.....

When you know how unworthy you are of God's love, and how much He loves you....How can it not show? How can you hide your feelings if you really love the Lord?

If we could continue with the same amazement we found in that moment when we first knew He had found us, we would all be like Elijah or John the Baptist.

People who don't understand this need to make sure they know their sins are forgiven and they are going to heaven. I'm not judging anybody, just saying.....I hope to see you in heaven.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It's completely fine brother. Sin is something we are aware of, and the more aware we become we have two opinions: ignore it or face it. Your emotions are a result of facing your sin in order to overcome them. I warn though not to feel guilt to the point of weeping and stop there, but let the weeping then result in repentance. I hope that the Lord grants your strength to overcome!

Upvote 0

anewman1993

Aug 17, 2014
✟19,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm hardly what you would call emotional, in fact I can be pretty stoic honestly. But when god start moving in me I can end up a balling mess on the floor, its actually a problem because I can't really do that during the service and so I feel sometimes i can't REALLY worship. But I was fighing back tears today in worship. its weird, I remembering thinking "man, why DO I want to cry, I'm not said, I'm not thinking about my sins, I'm just thinking that gods amazing"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WirSindBettler

Hoc Est Verum
Feb 7, 2015
USA
✟1,347.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey guys!

What would you say?

I'm not even a Baptist . . . but it happens to me all the time. It's called the Holy Spirit.

Thank God for His Love and Grace!

Upvote 0