I believe God is fair and just, but I still have questions about the Lake of Fire.

Feb 9, 2016
Frontline.
✟7,655.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
First I just want to say that I support all attempts to understand the words found in the Holy Bible. That being said I personally try not to devote too much time to the afterlife. All living beings will die, it just depends what we do with the life we were given. One who sacrifices his life for the protection of others will be martyred in his death as opposed to someone who sacrifices the lives of others for his benefit or to save himself from death.

The Lord God is outside of our understanding, we were never meant to fully understand him,the ways of the heavens..etc. If you live according to the ways of Christ and you go to heaven, that's wonderful. If for some reason you're damned to hell, there's nothing you can do about that. However things work in according to the Lord, is how they work. If he wants you to burn for eternity, then you will burn. All we have is the faith of our master Jesus Christ, and that if we follow him, that his wisdom will save us.

As for hoping that God will "come up with something better" because there are evil people out there, I can't stand by that. You're talking about the source of existence and the universe. It's blasphemy in my opinion to make such demands, as far as i'm concerned the Lord doesn't ever need to lift a finger in regards to humans. We are here, we can handle human matters. We are supposed to call on God to help us through our spiritual wars, our fears, our imperfections, our beastly desires etc. Yes we call on him to help us be merciful towards others, but that is still an inner request...asking that he help us individually become better beings, so we can treat our neighbors better.

If you are faced with one of these truly evil and unrepentant people you were mentioning, then maybe you should try punishing them yourself. I'm not saying to act outside of the law, i'm just saying if you are met with evil don't run to our Lord and insult him by asking that he interfere directly. At the most, ask that he make you more powerful. Praise him at all times, but do everything that you can with your own two hands. The blessings of all the Christian martyrs will be upon you.

Upvote 0

Steven Wood

Not my will but Thy will be done
Jul 17, 2015
Arkansas, United States
✟18,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here is my personal belief. I believe that there is a Heaven and a Hell. I also believe that hell and death will finally be destroyed. However, those who are not repentant will end up in the Lake of Fire if their names are found not written in the Lamb's Book of Life. Where can I find what the Lake of Fire looks like? Is it similar to Hell? Is it different from Hell? Do people end up burned in Hell before they end up burned up in the Lake of Fire? It seems strange, but that can be confusing.

Anyways, I wish that God invented a worse punishment than the Lake of Fire, if possible. There are just people who are unrepentant who are just among the most evil of evils. They will remain unrepentant and probably will curse the Lord. For example, people like Stalin or Hitler (if they claim to be Christians but are unrepentant) will not be among the few who walked the narrow road so to speak. Other examples would be unrepentant child molesters, rapists, killers, liars, swindlers, pimps, other oppressors, and unrepentant professing believers. Those are just examples.

My question is, couldn't God have created something even worse than the Lake of Fire? Seems to me like the Lake of Fire is too easy a punishment. I am also saddened that the unrepentant or rather, most people in the world, will be punished that way. I don't wish for anyone to have their part in the Lake. I too wish for others to come to repentance. By the way, do people choose to repent or is it already predestined that they will not repent (Is that was predestination is about, or no?)
Hello, WOW you ask the toughies lol. I love that though, believe it or not years ago I had a friend and he and I would chase our families out of the room because we would debate for HOURS on subjects just like these. Though many "christians" (and I put the word in parenthesis and use a little c because though they claim to be they really aren't) claim they know, they'll spew a bunch of documentation, say they spent years and years researching this exact subject and they are EXPERTS on this so you should listen to them cuz they know what they're talking about, God had no counsellors when he created all of this nor did he explain it to anyone, Even Jesus himself said he didn't know the day and the hour of the end times so if anyone says they know beyond the shadow of a doubt ANY of what you're asking they're full of it and you should laugh at them. I can give you my opinion and unfortunately that's the best you'll get from anyone. Even you reading the Bible for the first time and drawing your own conclusion is as good as any answer you will get from anybody. First off I'll try to give my opinions in the order that you asked your questions. 1. God could've created anything but honestly God isn't in the business of torture and punishment. The closest The Lord got were 2 things, you'll find them both in "The Book of Enoch". This book describes not only hell and where souls went before Jesus went for the 3 days before he rose and released them but it describes what happened to the fallen Angels, The ones that are bound and will be released during the tribulation and mentions them by name. Some believe these are the 4 horsemen I'm not sure I have to reread Revelation.2. I believe Hell is much different than the lake of Fire myself. Hell is the outer darkness, a place separate from God. Since God is everything good then the outer darkness is everything bad. Hell is every bad feeling and emotion multiplied a thousand fold all at once and all despair and hopelessness and since everyday with the Lord is like a thousand years and a thousand years like a day, there is no since of time every thing happens in an instant in Hell/the outer darkness every instant is an eternity until the day of judgement. The lake of fire on the other hand is the 2nd death. That even though I've thought on it for years I'm at the same 2 theories I've had Although many think it's a death of your soul, a wiping out of YOU totally and completely and no one will ever remember you ever existed (and I think that too in a way) I also have another completely opposite belief in the lake of fire that goes against the norm (if you want to talk about this feel free to pm me, I'd be more than happy to talk with you about it).3.Everyone repentant and non will be judged at the great white throne judgement according to their works so everything they did in life WILL be remembered. They won't get away with what they did even for example me though I am saved (we are all saved and have been for 2,000 years we just have to ask and mean it what I mean to say is redeemed) I have to answer for the lies I've said, The things I've stolen, the times I've talked wives into cheating, etc. etc. (I could go on lol I am among the greatest of sinners) but I digress what I mean to say is though I'm redeemed and I've changed I still have to answer, I will not be rewarded for my transgressions and not only the people I hurt but the people I didn't help their blood is on my hands.4. There is a HUGE difference between those claiming to be "christians" and true Christians. God knows the difference. Even Jesus acknowledges that people will knock and say Lord Lord I ate and drank with you, cast out devils and performed wonders in your name and I'll say I don't know you, be gone. Though many are called few are chosen, that may sound harsh but it's true (and that goes along with the question about the names already being written) God knows who will be with him but we don't so we can't just give up all things are already done, that doesn't mean fate and destiny and blah blah it means God is eternity from beginning to end and all things are in front of God in an instant. He stands outside of what we consider "time" and sees everything so the end is already done for him, he already know it's not a surprise wait and see thing. It doesn't mean freewill is gone it just means the book is already written for him. If we ask him to change his mind and he does it not cuz he automatically says ok I won't do this anymore it's cuz he wasn't planning on it to begin with if you know what I mean. It's still a surprise to us so we have to keep going. Sorry I veered off. Fake "christians" will go into the Lake of Fire along with the unrepentant, evil ones. The repentant that were nasty but have changed will still answer and go unrewarded, in all honesty that's the best I can do to answer your questions. I'm sorry.

Upvote 0

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
First I just want to say that I support all attempts to understand the words found in the Holy Bible. That being said I personally try not to devote too much time to the afterlife. All living beings will die, it just depends what we do with the life we were given. One who sacrifices his life for the protection of others will be martyred in his death as opposed to someone who sacrifices the lives of others for his benefit or to save himself from death.

The Lord God is outside of our understanding, we were never meant to fully understand him,the ways of the heavens..etc. If you live according to the ways of Christ and you go to heaven, that's wonderful. If for some reason you're damned to hell, there's nothing you can do about that. However things work in according to the Lord, is how they work. If he wants you to burn for eternity, then you will burn. All we have is the faith of our master Jesus Christ, and that if we follow him, that his wisdom will save us.

As for hoping that God will "come up with something better" because there are evil people out there, I can't stand by that. You're talking about the source of existence and the universe. It's blasphemy in my opinion to make such demands, as far as i'm concerned the Lord doesn't ever need to lift a finger in regards to humans. We are here, we can handle human matters. We are supposed to call on God to help us through our spiritual wars, our fears, our imperfections, our beastly desires etc. Yes we call on him to help us be merciful towards others, but that is still an inner request...asking that he help us individually become better beings, so we can treat our neighbors better.

If you are faced with one of these truly evil and unrepentant people you were mentioning, then maybe you should try punishing them yourself. I'm not saying to act outside of the law, i'm just saying if you are met with evil don't run to our Lord and insult him by asking that he interfere directly. At the most, ask that he make you more powerful. Praise him at all times, but do everything that you can with your own two hands. The blessings of all the Christian martyrs will be upon you.

Do you know the Gospel?

Upvote 0

de1929

May 5, 2015
✟1,167.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Here is my personal belief. I believe that there is a Heaven and a Hell. I also believe that hell and death will finally be destroyed. However, those who are not repentant will end up in the Lake of Fire if their names are found not written in the Lamb's Book of Life. Where can I find what the Lake of Fire looks like? Is it similar to Hell? Is it different from Hell? Do people end up burned in Hell before they end up burned up in the Lake of Fire? It seems strange, but that can be confusing.

Anyways, I wish that God invented a worse punishment than the Lake of Fire, if possible. There are just people who are unrepentant who are just among the most evil of evils. They will remain unrepentant and probably will curse the Lord. For example, people like Stalin or Hitler (if they claim to be Christians but are unrepentant) will not be among the few who walked the narrow road so to speak. Other examples would be unrepentant child molesters, rapists, killers, liars, swindlers, pimps, other oppressors, and unrepentant professing believers. Those are just examples.

My question is, couldn't God have created something even worse than the Lake of Fire? Seems to me like the Lake of Fire is too easy a punishment. I am also saddened that the unrepentant or rather, most people in the world, will be punished that way. I don't wish for anyone to have their part in the Lake. I too wish for others to come to repentance. By the way, do people choose to repent or is it already predestined that they will not repent (Is that was predestination is about, or no?)

1. I think you will be disapointed with GOD :D... GOD may bring all humanity to him, because HE loves humanity so much. Have you ever heard christian universalism ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Universalism

2. predestined and free will happen at the same time. you are predestined for every possible job available today, but your free will, your parent free will, your parent's boss free will, your government free will, interacted in such a complexity, and it may have limited you to be as of today.

Consider these 2 examples:

Mr A is predestined to be famous actor in box office movie. But some authoritative figures in Mr. A early life imposed their free will on Mr A, so today Mr A is not famous actor in box office movie. They forced Mr A to go to university to be a medical doctor.

Mr B is predestined to be famous actor in box office movie. But some authoritative figures in Mr. B early life imposed their free will on Mr B, so today Mr B is dead. As Mr B's parents is japanese, Mr B also japanese. They forced Mr B to join kamikaze force because japan was fighting USA back in 1945.

Upvote 0

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
1. I think you will be disapointed with GOD :D... GOD may bring all humanity to him, because HE loves humanity so much. Have you ever heard christian universalism ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Universalism

2. predestined and free will happen at the same time. you are predestined for every possible job available today, but your free will, your parent free will, your parent's boss free will, your government free will, interacted in such a complexity, and it may have limited you to be as of today.

Consider these 2 examples:

Mr A is predestined to be famous actor in box office movie. But some authoritative figures in Mr. A early life imposed their free will on Mr A, so today Mr A is not famous actor in box office movie. They forced Mr A to go to university to be a medical doctor.

Mr B is predestined to be famous actor in box office movie. But some authoritative figures in Mr. B early life imposed their free will on Mr B, so today Mr B is dead. As Mr B's parents is japanese, Mr B also japanese. They forced Mr B to join kamikaze force because japan was fighting USA back in 1945.

Number One...will never be disappointed by God.

Number Two...God does have all encompassing Love toward His creation. But He doesn't love all men individually. He hates the wicked. He hates sin. And if you have sin in your life, you will met Him in His wrath and be judged wrathfully.

No such thing as free will. You are either God's or you belong to Satan. You follow their will and way. You are aloud to make choices, but even then God knows exactly which choice your going to make before you make it and the consequences of the decision you've made. He may even put in stumbling blocks and things in your life to change your mind to go more in the direction He wants you to Go. Satan, he doesn't know anything, except that He lies, he will tell you lies and you'll believe them and make choices by false information.

Don't believe in predestination either. Because God wants all men to be saved. Not just the few chosen by Him.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

God wouldn't be fair and just unless there was in reality a place where evil could be dealt with ; one of the biggest forms of evil are people who know full well that our universe demands a personal almighty Creator yet volitionally choose to deny him often for immoral lifestyle pursuits. It is the greatest offense toward God to render him non-existent .... and eternal separation from God is simply carrying out Ones desire . God chose a Lake of Fire (Hell) to exemplify the greatest distance possible from Gods presence and for just punishment.

Upvote 0

de1929

May 5, 2015
✟1,167.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Number One...will never be disappointed by God.

Number Two...God does have all encompassing Love toward His creation. But He doesn't love all men individually. He hates the wicked. He hates sin. And if you have sin in your life, you will met Him in His wrath and be judged wrathfully.

No such thing as free will. You are either God's or you belong to Satan. You follow their will and way. You are aloud to make choices, but even then God knows exactly which choice your going to make before you make it and the consequences of the decision you've made. He may even put in stumbling blocks and things in your life to change your mind to go more in the direction He wants you to Go. Satan, he doesn't know anything, except that He lies, he will tell you lies and you'll believe them and make choices by false information.

Don't believe in predestination either. Because God wants all men to be saved. Not just the few chosen by Him.

the matrix movie from 1 to 3 picture well about human fallible nature. The imperfect nature of humanity. In the movie, all humans succumbs to smith power, and the architect is well aware of the consequences. Consenquences of free will. When keanu reaves succumb to smith, all reset.

Back to Christian value: GOD knows human is fallible. You need to put matrix movie perspective into GOD's awareness of human fallible. You give us impression GOD hate sin and GOD unaware of human fallible nature.

Because of GOD awareness of human fallible nature, HE sent us CHRIST and the work of calvary secure our future. How about sin ? sin has change definition according to Mr A and Mr B theory. The theory is as follow:
  • If GOD tell Mr A not to eat pork, it is sin if Mr A eat pork.
  • If GOD tell Mr B to eat pork, it is sin if Mr B eat pork..
The questions so is not about hating sin, but who are you ? Mr A or Mr B. Put the wrong context, and whatever not sin is sin and understand what GOD wants, whatever sin is not sinning.

Need example ? Judge Pst Bill Wilson below just from minutes 53 to 55. Sin ? or not Sin ?

sin ? or not sin ?

Upvote 0

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
the matrix movie from 1 to 3 picture well about human fallible nature. The imperfect nature of humanity. In the movie, all humans succumbs to smith power, and the architect is well aware of the consequences. Consenquences of free will. When keanu reaves succumb to smith, all reset.

Back to Christian value: GOD knows human is fallible. You need to put matrix movie perspective into GOD's awareness of human fallible. You give us impression GOD hate sin and GOD unaware of human fallible nature.

Because of GOD awareness of human fallible nature, HE sent us CHRIST and the work of calvary secure our future. How about sin ? sin has change definition according to Mr A and Mr B theory. The theory is as follow:
  • If GOD tell Mr A not to eat pork, it is sin if Mr A eat pork.
  • If GOD tell Mr B to eat pork, it is sin if Mr B eat pork..
The questions so is not about hating sin, but who are you ? Mr A or Mr B. Put the wrong context, and whatever not sin is sin and understand what GOD wants, whatever sin is not sinning.

Need example ? Judge Pst Bill Wilson below just from minutes 53 to 55. Sin ? or not Sin ?

sin ? or not sin ?

Okay, for the nonsense above, not even going there.

The definition of sin is...Transgressing God's Laws.

1 John 3:4
Whosoever committed sin transgressed also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

These laws have been place in our hearts. We know they exist we also know when we break them. Because of our conscience.
The word conscience is a compound word. con- with ...science - knowledge.
If you have lied, any...your a liar and have broken God's commandment, therefore it is a sin
If you have stolen anything, no matter the price or size...you break God's commandment...a sin
If you have look at someone with lust in your eyes, you have committed adultery in your heart already...sin
If you hate your brother you are a murder and have no eternal life in you...sin
If you use Gods' name in vain...blaspheme...sin.

If you break only one of these commandments you've broke them all.

The only hope you have for Salvation is through Jesus Christ. The Father draws all men unto him. You then must repent of you sins and place your trust in Christ.

If you do not repent of your sins and die in your sins, you will go to Hell.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guessing about what is eternal will not suffice! One needs to be "rightly dividing the Word of Truth". Scripture is quite clear that Hell fire is everlasting and all who are cast there with the two Beasts of Revelation and Satan himself, will stay there forever (they have an eternal soul as all mankind). Trying to be magnanimous and seek a way out is opposing God's Word. Eternal life is for the saints of God, and eternal damnation is for the lost souls who reject God! One should not suppose they are wiser and more loving than God.

Upvote 0

de1929

May 5, 2015
✟1,167.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Okay, for the nonsense above, not even going there.

The definition of sin is...Transgressing God's Laws.

1 John 3:4
Whosoever committed sin transgressed also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

These laws have been place in our hearts. We know they exist we also know when we break them. Because of our conscience.
The word conscience is a compound word. con- with ...science - knowledge.
If you have lied, any...your a liar and have broken God's commandment, therefore it is a sin
If you have stolen anything, no matter the price or size...you break God's commandment...a sin
If you have look at someone with lust in your eyes, you have committed adultery in your heart already...sin
If you hate your brother you are a murder and have no eternal life in you...sin
If you use Gods' name in vain...blaspheme...sin.

If you break only one of these commandments you've broke them all.

The only hope you have for Salvation is through Jesus Christ. The Father draws all men unto him. You then must repent of you sins and place your trust in Christ.

If you do not repent of your sins and die in your sins, you will go to Hell.

traditional pentecostal think like that, but i follow Joseph Prince teachings. the teachings is complicated, but it started with concept OSAS, once saved always saved. the sin that you listed will not put you in hell, but it will distance your relationships with CHRIST.

Again, it's a teachings that i choose to believe. It's a matter of obedience anyway. are you obedient person ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
traditional pentecostal think like that, but i follow Joseph Prince teachings. the teachings is complicated, but it started with concept OSAS, once saved always saved. the sin that you listed will not put you in hell, but it will distance your relationships with CHRIST.

Again, it's a teachings that i choose to believe. It's a matter of obedience anyway. are you obedient person ?

I follow Jesus Christ teachings.
And I'm being obedient now, by spreading His Gospel. Not Joseph Princes.
It isn't "what you believe", It is "Is what you believe to be true?"

Sin, sends you to Hell.
No other way around it. If peopl dive into sin, live in it continuously and do not repent of those sins. These people will met God, a very Angry God and He will pour down His wrath on who ever is there that has not repented of their sins.
If your living in sin..You are already condemned...you are already distance from Christ...If you live like the world, Act like the world, then you are of the world.

We have his commandments to go by. Christ spoke of all except one? He didn't come to get rid of the law, he came to fulfill them. To remind us, even though we who are Born Again, are not under the law anymore, but under Him and His righteousness. But did he get rid of the law? Of course not, if not for the law, no one would know they sin. For sin is the transgression of the law. This isn't the ceremonial law, or the judicial law set by through Moses, by God. It's the 10 commandments. The moral law.

If you preach grace, without the law, your only telling half the story.

Upvote 0

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I need to lie down brb.

Okay, MrDesire.

1. In what book of the bible did you find that hell and death will be destroyed? If your going to believe something from God's Word and need explanation of that...you should provide Book, chapter, verse(s). Hell, death and the grave have been conquered through the Death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Meaning, because I am Born Again, I have no fear of Hell, cause im not going there, nor fear death, because I will become whole again, as Christ did and the grave won't hold my body down, when the time come for the rapture.
2. You can find what the lake of fire looks like from your own imagination. Remember some things spoke about in the bible are allegorical or metaphoric...they are words put together to work on your imagination especially those things of which are hard to explain in words all together...like when someone ask you....What is Love? there is no real answer to that you can reply with that can completely describe it, so metaphors and allegories are used to do so. God is trying to get the sinners attention by telling them that Hell is like a lake of fire, and can be one, because He is God, and He created it so.
3. Anyone can be Saved. He came to save all. People are drawn to God, thru the Holy Spirit and His word, conviction comes upon them and they choose to repent and serve God. God is a gentlemen, he never forces himself on anyone. Either God is your father, or Satan is.
4. Yes that is what predestination is about. I personality think it's unbiblical. Because the Bible says that it's God's will for all men to be saved. Predestination says, that only the ones God choose will be saved. If it's contrary to God's word, I take no stock in it.

Reactions: food4thought
Upvote 0

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Actually the bible says nothing about child molesters.

It does say thou shalt not covet. and it says thou shalt not commit adultery

Jesus said...Thou knows from the days of old: "thou shalt not commit adultery"...But I say (Jesus speaking) , that if a man looks at a women with lust, he has committed adultery in His heart already.

no, it doesn't say anything about child molesters...

Upvote 0

de1929

May 5, 2015
✟1,167.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I follow Jesus Christ teachings.
And I'm being obedient now, by spreading His Gospel. Not Joseph Princes.
It isn't "what you believe", It is "Is what you believe to be true?"

Sin, sends you to Hell.
No other way around it. If peopl dive into sin, live in it continuously and do not repent of those sins. These people will met God, a very Angry God and He will pour down His wrath on who ever is there that has not repented of their sins.
If your living in sin..You are already condemned...you are already distance from Christ...If you live like the world, Act like the world, then you are of the world.

We have his commandments to go by. Christ spoke of all except one? He didn't come to get rid of the law, he came to fulfill them. To remind us, even though we who are Born Again, are not under the law anymore, but under Him and His righteousness. But did he get rid of the law? Of course not, if not for the law, no one would know they sin. For sin is the transgression of the law. This isn't the ceremonial law, or the judicial law set by through Moses, by God. It's the 10 commandments. The moral law.

If you preach grace, without the law, your only telling half the story.

You follow your perception, your interpretation of JESUS CHRIST teachings, and ignore JP interpretation.
My interpretation is different with yours.

As we are both male, consider this scenario about try to ask a date, in italic:
  • When a girl ignore your call, you interpret that she does not want to you anymore
  • When a girl ignore my call, i interpret she wants me to proof how serious i am
Which one is correct ? to meet the girl face to face and ask why ? conduct in-depth analysis ? is that always possible for long-distance-relationship takes place ?

It all boils down to word: interpretation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You follow your perception, your interpretation of JESUS CHRIST teachings, and ignore JP interpretation.
My interpretation is different with yours.

As we are both male, consider this scenario about try to ask a date, in italic:
  • When a girl ignore your call, you interpret that she does not want to you anymore
  • When a girl ignore my call, i interpret she wants me to proof how serious i am
Which one is correct ? to meet the girl face to face and ask why ? conduct in-depth analysis ? is that always possible for long-distance-relationship takes place ?

It all boils down to word: interpretation.

Nope. It boils down to Faith.
I get my Faith from the truth of God's Word.
God's Word is inspired by God. Using men as instruments to place His word on paper.
Interpretation, is the product of hermeneutical studying of His Word. And many of His Word doesn't need interpreted.
For Instance...

Thou shalt not Kill.
Thou shalt not steal.

Jesus said, I am the way and the truth.
Jesus said, follow me.
he also said this:

And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. (Mat 24:11 KJV)

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect. (Mat 24:24 KJV)

Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother. (Mar 10:19 KJV)

These are pretty straight forward.
No interpretation needed.

In both of your assertions of a girl calling. You don't interpret it...you assume it.

interpret means to translate something.
assume means to take for granted or without proof
Without proof you think she still likes you , when she may despise you
Without proof you try to know what I think....your wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

de1929

May 5, 2015
✟1,167.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Nope. It boils down to Faith.
I get my Faith from the truth of God's Word.
God's Word is inspired by God. Using men as instruments to place His word on paper.
Interpretation, is the product of hermeneutical studying of His Word. And many of His Word doesn't need interpreted.
For Instance...

Thou shalt not Kill.
Thou shalt not steal.

Jesus said, I am the way and the truth.
Jesus said, follow me.
he also said this:

And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. (Mat 24:11 KJV)

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect. (Mat 24:24 KJV)

Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother. (Mar 10:19 KJV)

These are pretty straight forward.
No interpretation needed.

In both of your assertions of a girl calling. You don't interpret it...you assume it.

interpret means to translate something.
assume means to take for granted or without proof
Without proof you think she still likes you , when she may despise you
Without proof you try to know what I think....your wrong.

lol... Please watch minutes 53 to 55, and now tell me Pst Bill Wilson is right or wrong ?

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hope you don't mind if I use your post as a jumping off point for trying to help MrDesire to understand, Edmond.

Okay, MrDesire.

1. In what book of the bible did you find that hell and death will be destroyed? If your going to believe something from God's Word and need explanation of that...you should provide Book, chapter, verse(s). Hell, death and the grave have been conquered through the Death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Meaning, because I am Born Again, I have no fear of Hell, cause im not going there, nor fear death, because I will become whole again, as Christ did and the grave won't hold my body down, when the time come for the rapture.

In some translations Hades in Revelation 20:13 is mistranslated "hell", so that may be where he got the idea. MrDesire, hades is the temporary holding place for the unsaved dead until the final judgment spoken of in Revelation 20. Hades may be hellish, but it is not the final place of the unsaved. The lake of fire is the imagery used to describe hell in Revelation, not hades.

2. You can find what the lake of fire looks like from your own imagination. Remember some things spoke about in the bible are allegorical or metaphoric...they are words put together to work on your imagination especially those things of which are hard to explain in words all together...like when someone ask you....What is Love? there is no real answer to that you can reply with that can completely describe it, so metaphors and allegories are used to do so. God is trying to get the sinners attention by telling them that Hell is like a lake of fire, and can be one, because He is God, and He created it so.

Good points for you here MrDesire, you would be wise to carefully consider what Edmond is saying. I do not think hell is literally a place where people are tortured by undead worms and eternal flames and darkness in a burning heap of gross trash... but I do believe that the imagery used to describe hell is meant to inspire primal feelings of horror and revulsion in us, because the spiritual reality is terrible enough to inspire similar sentiment in heavenly beings.

3. Anyone can be Saved. He came to save all. People are drawn to God, thru the Holy Spirit and His word, conviction comes upon them and they choose to repent and serve God. God is a gentlemen, he never forces himself on anyone. Either God is your father, or Satan is.

Again, Edmond is spot on. There are numerous Bible passages that indicate salvation is for all who will believe, not only a select few... sadly, there are multitudes who will not place their faith in Jesus, so salvation is sufficient for all, but only effective for those that receive the message and place their faith in Jesus.

4. Yes that is what predestination is about. I personality think it's unbiblical. Because the Bible says that it's God's will for all men to be saved. Predestination says, that only the ones God choose will be saved. If it's contrary to God's word, I take no stock in it.

On this I must disagree with Edmond, for the Bible does speak of predestination. I believe that God predestined those whom He "foreknew" (as the Bible says), IOW, those whom He knew beforehand would receive Him. The Calvinist view of predestination does not take into account all that God's word says about salvation, but only cherry picks certain verses that support their understanding, while ignoring or minimizing those verses that do not.

No wonder so many priests and pastors are child molesters, when the book that's supposed to tell them everything doesn't actually tell them everything.

You did not really pay attention to Edmond's post, or you are being sarcastic... hard to tell which, but Edmond pointed out that lustful thoughts and actions outside of marriage are strictly forbidden, so child molestation would fall under that heading.

I hope this helps, MrDesire.

Upvote 0

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I hope you don't mind if I use your post as a jumping off point for trying to help MrDesire to understand, Edmond.

No, problem Food4thought, please do.

On this I must disagree with Edmond, for the Bible does speak of predestination. I believe that God predestined those whom He "foreknew" (as the Bible says), IOW, those whom He knew beforehand would receive Him. The Calvinist view of predestination does not take into account all that God's word says about salvation, but only cherry picks certain verses that support their understanding, while ignoring or minimizing those verses that do not.

Your right. I should have made myself clearer. I was speaking of the Calvinist view of predestination. Thank you.

Reactions: food4thought
Upvote 0