I am Searching for a Christian College. . .

MrrrrrNiceGuy

If you know the truth the truth will set you free.
Jul 17, 2006
Fairview, Tennessee
Visit site
✟8,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is anyone here familiar with any websites that can help me find the right Christian college for me? I've found a few through search engines, but I can't seem to find one that provides enough information that I need to make a good choice.

Also, if there are any sites that provide thorough information on all colleges and universities (not just Christian Colleges) across the United States, that may help as well.

I am looking specifically for sites that are for anyone who wants to go to college, not just high school students.

Thank you for your time and attention. :)

UPDATED INFORMATION

Bubba1301

Mar 14, 2006
St. Louis, Missouri
Visit site
✟8,783.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

MrrrrrNiceGuy

Jul 17, 2006
Fairview, Tennessee
Visit site
✟8,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok, thanks for the advice, but it's not exactly what I am looking for. Perhaps I should be a little more specific:

I live in Middle Tennessee (Fairview, Tennessee to be exact) and I do not want to be too far away from home. I have already been looking at one nearby undergraduate school, which is Boyce College at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. That is about a 3-3 1/2 hour drive from where I live, which I don't consider to be all that bad. ;)

It should be a Baptist College since I would like to be able to find a job in a Southern Baptist church after graduation. I am most interested in pursuing a degree in either Biblical Studies, Theological Studies, Pastoral Ministry or Music Ministry.

So far, Boyce College would be my first choice, but I do not want to put all my eggs in one basket, if you know what I mean. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AmandaRose

Feb 15, 2007
West Palm Beach, Florida
✟7,653.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure where you live and how far you are willing to travel, but right here in Palm Beach, Florida is Palm Beach Atlantic University. It's one of the top Chrisitian Universities in the country. I hope to go there in the fall once I get my Associates. You can check their website out at www.pba.edu.

Upvote 0

Traitor1

Jan 28, 2007
✟7,692.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I guess it would depend on exactly what you are looking for in a college (like programs of study and whatnot) but I looked at Evansville University in southern Indy (Kentuckiana) two years ago and it seemed like a really good school, small and rather expensive though. And if I may, I'd like to put a plug in for Calvin College in Grand Rapids. Excellent academics and strong Christian community (but I go there, so I'm a bit biased).

Upvote 0

MrrrrrNiceGuy

Jul 17, 2006
Fairview, Tennessee
Visit site
✟8,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok, thanks for the advice, but it's not exactly what I am looking for. Perhaps I should be a little more specific:

I live in Middle Tennessee (Fairview, Tennessee to be exact) and I do not want to be too far away from home. I have already been looking at one nearby undergraduate school, which is Boyce College at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. That is about a 3-3 1/2 hour drive from where I live, which I don't consider to be all that bad. ;)

It should be a Baptist College since I would like to be able to find a job in a Southern Baptist church after graduation. I am most interested in pursuing a degree in either Biblical Studies, Theological Studies, Pastoral Ministry or Music Ministry.

So far, Boyce College would be my first choice, but I do not want to put all my eggs in one basket, if you know what I mean. ;)

Okay, now let's be even more specific. My ideas have changed some. How about a college that gives a lot of extra help and support for people with disabilities. Click here to find out more about what I am talking about.

Specifically, I believe God is leading me to minister and counsel to other people who have or struggle with disability, whether it be physical, emotional or mental illness. So Christian Counseling is the major I am most interested in now, with a minor or applied major in music to go with it! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

willard3

Professional accomplice
Dec 18, 2005
✟10,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I go to Grove City College. It's loosely Presbyterian, but it's VERY Christian and accepts no federal funding (and still keeps total student costs to under $16,000 per year).

If you're looking for Baptist colleges, the only one I know of is Cedarville University, near Springfield, OH.

Upvote 0

jhsmo

Apr 25, 2007
✟7,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Central Christian College of the Bible-Moberly, Mo
Ozark Christian College-Joplin,Mo
Lambuth University(United Methodist)- Jackson, TN
Lincoln Christian College- Lincoln, Il
St. Louis Christian College- St.Louis,Mo

i know St. Louis and Central are free tuition so that may be something to look into if that is a situation.

Upvote 0

missygirlc

Jun 26, 2006
Georgia
✟7,987.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Pensacola Christian College is very conservative but has an awesome academic program. Accreditation is not as important in some majors. I am an Elementary Education Major and accreditation is not a big deal since I plan on teaching in a Christian school after I graduate.

Upvote 0

apumic

Feb 27, 2006
✟15,310.00
Faith
Christian
Yikes! If you want to go into counseling, accreditation is a critical component! Make sure you check out the Pensacola Student Voice website before going down that path!

As far as Christian counseling goes... all of the most respected Christian counselors encourage or require at least an MA and preferably a Psy.D./Ph.D. relevant to the area of study prior to practicing. Furthermore, mental help can only be given legally under certain legal restrictions. You will want to familiarize yourself with those as you pursue school. What I can say, though, is that a weak undergraduate program (or anything lacking in accreditation) will only weaken your chances, and these programs generally do not accept many applicants as it is! (About 2-10% for Ph.D and Psy.D. programs and around 20% for masters programs)

Upvote 0