I am running for President of The United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,172,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

LaSorcia

Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I wish the media gave time to candidates of parties other than democrats and republicans, with the occasional bone thrown to an independent every now and then.

Good for you for doing this. Please report back on what the experience is like and what bureaucratic hoops one must jump through in order to run!

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wish the media gave time to candidates of parties other than democrats and republicans, with the occasional bone thrown to an independent every now and then.

Good for you for doing this. Please report back on what the experience is like and what bureaucratic hoops one must jump through in order to run!

To start with you simply must raise 2 Million dollars. We are expected to spend it in advertising to raise poll numbers. The polls are used to decide who gets to debate... The debates are "owned" by the Republican and Democratic Parties. In truth this effectively blocks access to the debates for a guy or girl who does plumbing for a living. It's not about who is best suited for the job. It's about the money. The media gets richer and only two parties are represented.

Clear? Smile. :)

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Polling data... I want to see polling numbers.

Got 2 Million dollars? The media simply will not talk to a third party short of raising 2 million dollars.

Only the rich need apply. We are not represented... at all.

It is not of the people, by the people and for the people.

It's a love affair between the rich and the media.

Forgive me...

Reactions: Wgw
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Got 2 Million dollars? The media simply will not talk to a third party short of raising 2 million dollars.

Only the rich need apply. We are not represented... at all.

It is not of the people, by the people and for the people.

It's a love affair between the rich and the media.

Forgive me...
You should be looking at Bernie Sanders then.

And why do we need to forgive you?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't vote for someone who puts America and the Marine corps (which are two false gods) on the same line as God.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Didn't you run a campaign here on CF four years ago?
If not you, someone did IIRC.

I have never run for office before. I got to the point that I had to do something. Even if it seems silly, I can say I did "something" to try and correct the direction of this nation.

Forgive me...

Reactions: Tallguy88
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,172,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I got to the point that I had to do something. Even if it seems silly, I can say I did "something" to try and correct the direction of this nation.

You see throwing away more lives and treasure on more overseas military adventures (plank 5) and lashing our selves tighter to a foreign state that cares nothing for our national interests as a correction?

Reactions: aieyiamfu
Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
I was about to pledge my full support. Then I read your page of policies, and frankly, they're nuts.

Doubling the salaries of all miltary personnel, while a nice idea in theory, would be staggeringly expensive, and will not come close to being covered by your suggestion of increasing the tax burden on the poor, with your regressive flat tax. And as for the general statement 'invest in our military', doesn't the fact that the US currently invests more than the rest of the world combined on it's military suggest to you that it's already probably high enough?!

Your attitude to Iran is bonkers too ('they haven't changed since 1800' you state. Not even when we overthrew their elected government and imposed an autocratic dictator?!). And the US reimposing unilateral sanctions, while the rest of the world continues to work on getting Iran back into the international community, will achieve nothing. Apart from America's isolation, which I guess is what you want. Unless you have a plan for convincing the rest of the world to join you in reimposing sanctions, but as we all know, you don't.

The 'existential war' claim is also nonsense. Crazy Islamists would no doubt be flattered that you think so highly of them, but to imply that they represent an existential threat to America is ridiculous.

Your policies are crazy, and your 'presidential campaign' is going no further than Facebook.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You should be looking at Bernie Sanders then.

And why do we need to forgive you?

"Forgive me" is common written parlance between Orthodox Christians. Such as at the closing of a letter...

God be gracious to me a sinner.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You see throwing away more lives and treasure on more overseas military adventures (plank 5) and lashing our selves tighter to a foreign state that cares nothing for our national interests as a correction?

No... Where did you get that idea?

Forgive me...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.