Visit site
✟76,316.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I woke up this morning, and seeing the date.. December 6th.. I thought something happened this day.. but the significance of this day slipped my mind..

Tonight as I was sitting at the computer, it came to me.. this is the day that I lost my father..

I was 11 when he was killed in a coal mine explosion.. along with 36 other men. and for 40 years I was devasted every December 6th.. the sadness was so overwhelming..

Then I was saved in October 2001.. and one Sunday in November of that year, Jesus came to me at church one Sunday & took all the pain away.. and although I remembered that day in 1962, I was no longer in such pain..

But today, I did not even remembered that this is the anniversary of his death.. until I saw the 6th again.. and thought my Dad's birthday?? no.. he was born on March 6th.. then it dawned on me.. He died on December 6th..

And I thank God.. He truly is the Lord who heals us..

Exo 15:26 ****** for I am Jehovah who heals you.

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I woke up this morning, and seeing the date.. December 6th.. I thought something happened this day.. but the significance of this day slipped my mind..

Tonight as I was sitting at the computer, it came to me.. this is the day that I lost my father..

I was 11 when he was killed in a coal mine explosion.. along with 36 other men. and for 40 years I was devasted every December 6th.. the sadness was so overwhelming..

Then I was saved in October 2001.. and one Sunday in November of that year, Jesus came to me at church one Sunday & took all the pain away.. and although I remembered that day in 1962, I was no longer in such pain..

But today, I did not even remembered that this is the anniversary of his death.. until I saw the 6th again.. and thought my Dad's birthday?? no.. he was born on March 6th.. then it dawned on me.. He died on December 6th..

Thank you for sharing your story.God does heal the soul...:)

Psalm 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

:amen:

I am sorry you lost your dad at such a young age, GlendaJoanne. I am very happy that the Lord has brought healing to you. God is good.

May the Lord hold your father, and all those men who died with him, safely in the palm of his hand.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Thank YOU LORD For healing Glenda of this pain.. Thank YOU that YOU never forsake us no never and are with us through the valley of the shadow of death.. and we can therefore live without fear of evil.. and evil done to those whom we love..

Our family lost my sister (she nearly 5 years old) in a drowning accident on this same date.. dec 6th.. God helped me with that loss too.. :) To HIM be all the glory..

My sister would have been 28 years old..

Reactions: Glenda
Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank YOU LORD For healing Glenda of this pain.. Thank YOU that YOU never forsake us no never and are with us through the valley of the shadow of death.. and we can therefore live without fear of evil.. and evil done to those whom we love..

Our family lost my sister (she nearly 5 years old) in a drowning accident on this same date.. dec 6th.. God helped me with that loss too.. :) To HIM be all the glory..

My sister would have been 28 years old..
Sorry..

One day you will see her again.

Jesus will wipe away every tear my friend.:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.