South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I asked God for forgiveness for lying since I do lie sometimes. I want for others to believe, respect, and trust me, especially my family and God. I messed up by lying to my mother yesterday and I would like to know if I asked for forgiveness for telling lies, should I confess that lie to my mother. The truth is, the cashier did not ring up an item from the store. I received the item, but I did not return it. Plus I find that it is not on the receipt, but I am not so sure how to go about things. I don't want to get in trouble for theft, which wasn't my intention. However, I have no idea what to do. It has been on my mind for the past few days. How do I confess this story to the Lord and to my mother? I have done something wrong and I want to make things right, no matter what the consequences will be. How could I done something so stupid? I feel like I did something wrong to the point where I have put myself in a corner. Is it unforgivable what I have done; how to I confess this to my mother that I have lied?

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟59,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you should tell your mother and ask her to take you back to the store and tell them the truth. You may be surprised how they may react. Most people appreciate someone coming clean and though they may at first seem angry I think it is all together likely they with welcome you back anytime.
If you hold the lie in your heart you will be miserable.
Tell the truth and face the consequences. If they are not warm to your confession pay them double the price. You will gain personal respect, your mother will respect you more and the place of business will most likely respect you more.

And, no, it is not unforgivable.

Upvote 0

stage five

Skeptic
Dec 22, 2015
USA
✟2,137.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I asked God for forgiveness for lying since I do lie sometimes. I want for others to believe, respect, and trust me, especially my family and God. I messed up by lying to my mother yesterday and I would like to know if I asked for forgiveness for telling lies, should I confess that lie to my mother. The truth is, the cashier did not ring up an item from the store. I received the item, but I did not return it. Plus I find that it is not on the receipt, but I am not so sure how to go about things. I don't want to get in trouble for theft, which wasn't my intention. However, I have no idea what to do. It has been on my mind for the past few days. How do I confess this story to the Lord and to my mother? I have done something wrong and I want to make things right, no matter what the consequences will be. How could I done something so stupid? I feel like I did something wrong to the point where I have put myself in a corner. Is it unforgivable what I have done; how to I confess this to my mother that I have lied?

Could this be about a deeper issue between you and your mother?

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The truth is, the cashier did not ring up an item from the store. I received the item, but I did not return it. Plus I find that it is not on the receipt, but I am not so sure how to go about things.
It seems that you are being too hard on yourself. The solution is rather simple. If you know the price of the item, just go back to the store with the money (as well as the previous receipt) and let a cashier know that this item got missed, and you have come in to pay for it. You can also let your mother know that you have rectified the problem. It seems like honest mistakes were made on both sides.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
yes just pay for the item, I don't know if its because you went shopping for your mum that you need to tell her, but go to the store first and get it sorted, and then you'll have peace.
If we do something wrong we just repent ie. admit to God we did something wrong and then rectify it. God is gracious to forgive us. And then we can go on without condemnation or guilt.
Its not always necessary to tell someone aside from God. You can pray about this and follow the spirits leading.

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0