Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think Nannanae may have been trying to post a link to Ravi Racharias, a well respected teacher who is familiar with Eastern religions. There are many are other resources that help explain the differences of Eastern and Western religions also (Eastern being mysticism, i.e. Hinduism, Confucianism. Western being the religions based on the Bible, or those who hold Abraham as the patriarch of their faith).

It sounds like you want to study scripture and have a relationship with God, you can’t go wrong doing that, so trust and pray ask God to stay close to you and be your friend. Ask God to guide you through His Word, and to good resources. I came to God in my late twenties, and I joined a cult thinking they were Christian, by mistake. It worked out ok because it taught me to be very cautious of religions and institutions, and to trust God, Jesus, and The Word above all other things. After that I began doing Comparative Religion studies (including Hinduism) in order to be able to share with other religious people and neighbors about the truth in Christ and God. I know this forum wants to move the discussions about doctrine to another thread, so maybe you could ask a question under another forum like Christianity topics. God bless you. :amen:

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
hi, first of all, i am Living in India. i am 16 and i am Born Hindu. i want to become a Christian because i don't know how and when but i lost my Faith (99.99%) in Hindu Gods. and i started to Trust on Jesus (Peace must be upon him ;)) i don't even know anything about Christianity but (i know some Infos about God and Christ) but i always felt deep connections with Jesus u can say that i like to worship him without knowing prayers but with Mind and Words.

I am Brahmin Hindu my Family Members don't like to convert any other religions
they have dip faith in hindu goods but i don't have. can anybody tell me how to worship god and Jesus without telling my Mom and dad ? if future i will go to USA for future studies so after 17 i will Convert to Christianity Fully. till than i want to worship god Secretly, Please Help !

and also Will God and Jesus will Accept me as Their son ?
"All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out." - John 6:37
And calling the crowd to him with his disciples, he said to them, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it." - Mark 8:34-35​

God will be happy to have you. But you must leave all of Hinduism. Jesus is not one avatar among many, or one god among many. Rather, there is only one God, who exists as Father, as Son (Jesus), and as Holy Spirit. His teachings are above all other teaching, and truer than any other view. One cannot follow or give any kind of worship or duty to any other god if one becomes a Christian.

Are you still interested?
and one more Question : who will Select my new Name & surname after i convert ?
Christianity lets you keep the one you have. Unless your name is one that directly honors a Hindu god or concept, I really don't see a need for changing it.

thanks but others will accept me in Society and Churches ?
Yes. I would advise going to a church where other internationals also go, since the Americans at those churches tend to be more accustomed to being good hosts for internationals.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Future Christian. Ask Jesus to lead you. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells us: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." Jesus also tells us: " On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters. The Bible tells us: " Repent and be Born Again," give up all
selfish wishes and wants, and change into a loving and caring Teenager.
God will see your loving efforts, and God will approve and bless you.
In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told: " ask and you shall receive," ask God for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all Love and Joy with your neighbour.
(all you know and all you meet, friends and not friends) Keep asking God for Love and Joy, then thank God, and share all Love and Joy with all around you:
treat others as you would love to be treated. You might stumble and forget some times, but then ask God to forgive you, and carry on loving and caring.
The Holy Spirit will help and guide you, and Jesus our Saviour is THE WAY.
Love God and your neighbour, and ask Jesus to lead you.
I say this with love, Future Christian. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
hi, first of all, i am Living in India. i am 16 and i am Born Hindu. i want to become a Christian because i don't know how and when but i lost my Faith (99.99%) in Hindu Gods. and i started to Trust on Jesus (Peace must be upon him ;)) i don't even know anything about Christianity but (i know some Infos about God and Christ) but i always felt deep connections with Jesus u can say that i like to worship him without knowing prayers but with Mind and Words.

they have dip faith in hindu goods but i don't have. can anybody tell me how to worship god and Jesus without telling my Mom and dad ? if future i will go to USA for future studies so after 17 i will Convert to Christianity Fully. till than i want to worship god Secretly, Please Help !

Hi,

I haven't read through the whole thread, so if this has already been said, then I'm sorry for repeating it.

To really get to know Jesus and what it means to be, as well as, how to become a Christian, you want to read the Bible. The Bible is the very words of God, written to man, God's love letter to man, that tells us of our sinfulness, need for a Savior (Jesus) and how we should live our life.

You can read the whole Bible, on the internet, at https://www.biblegateway.com/. There are many, many versions of the Bible. Some of the more modern, easier to read, versions are the New International Version (NIV), New Living Translation (NLT) and the Amplified Bible (AMP). Its best to start out reading the Gospels, which is Matthew, Mark, Luke & John. They are the first 4 books of the New Testament and are all about Jesus while He was here on this earth.

If you have mobile phone that works with Apps, there are Bible apps you can put on your phone which would allow you to read the Bible anytime.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
and one more Question : who will Select my new Name & surname after i convert ?

Your priest will guide you regarding a baptismal name when you convert.

Also- something you may want to check out. Malankara Orthodox Church

There are quite a few Indian families at my parish here in the US. One of the priests attached to our parish is from India. Lovely people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello and welcome! I find these verses comforting :) Pray and read your Bible...if you dont have one, obtain one or Im sure there are some connections on the forum that can get you one.

Acts 10

“I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, 35 but in every nation the man who [y]fears Him and [z]does what is right is welcome to Him. 36 The word which He sent to the sons of Israel, preaching [aa]peace through Jesus Christ (He is Lord of all)— 37 you yourselves know the thing which took place throughout all Judea, starting from Galilee, after the baptism which John proclaimed. 38 [ab]You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, [ac]and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. 39 We are witnesses of all the things He did both in the [ad]land of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They also put Him to death by hanging Him on a [ae]cross. 40 God raised Him up on the third day and granted that He become visible, 41 not to all the people, but to witnesses who were chosen beforehand by God, that is, to us who ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead. 42 And He ordered us to [af]preach to the people, and solemnly to testify that this is the One who has been appointed by God as Judge of the living and the dead. 43 Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins.”

Upvote 0

SH89

Sola scriptura
Aug 7, 2004
Los Angeles, California
Visit site
✟17,673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Greetings,

By looking at the universe, earth, creation, and the complexities of life, we are naturally in awe and in wonder at how things which are visible to us are. Mankind in answer to this has come up with various ideas and religious thoughts to come up with an answer. However, the true creator, the God of the universe, has revealed Himself to us through his Word, or what we normally call the Bible. God has revealed that He is the only God and there is no other God besides him. Before God, no God was created; nor was there any God at the present or future.

God has also revealed himself to us in person, with Christ coming to Earth as God in the flesh. Christ came on Earth to establish peace between God and Christians. You can find this peace by trusting and believing in Christ as the one in whom has a specific purpose and mission; to physically die and then rise from the dead in three days based on historical prophecies written many hundreds of years before.

Such a prophecy, written in 700 B.C. time-frame, is a follows:

"But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed."
(Isaiah 53:5).

Also, note that Christ is, in fact God, according to the Scriptures:
"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory."
(1 Timothy 3:16)

Did you have any specific questions?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hope fellow members will pray for me too just one time I need blessings to get more than 75% :)

Yes, I will pray for you. (In fact, I will pray that no matter what happens, you will be directed by the Light and Love of Jesus Christ in your life from this day onward.) Peace to you in all things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟752,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Tayhana

Aug 18, 2014
✟200.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Of course He will accept you as His son. No matter who you are, He loves you and just because you used to not believe in Him doesn't mean He won't accept you. And I don't believe you need any special prayers to worship Him, just talk to him and tell Him what you need and thank Him and that is all you need to do. Congrats on your faith! I will be praying!

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Future Christian. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells a Lawyer: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: Love thy neighbour as thyself." Then Jesus states this great fact: "on these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters.
The Bible tells us: " Repent and be Born Again," change from being selfish and unloving, to be loving and compassionate. Matthew 7: 7-10: tells us:
" ask and you shall receive," ask God for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all Love and Joy with your neighbour: all you know and all you meet, friends and not friends. God sees your loving efforts, and God approves and Blesses you. Keep asking God for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all with your neighbour. You might stumble and forget at times, but then ask God to forgive you and carry on loving and caring.
Love is a Christian`s great weapon, with love we overcome all enmity and
and wrong behaviour. The Holy Spirit will help and guide you, and Jesus our Saviour will lead you all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY, and Jesus died that we might live. Everything that we say or do, everything that we advice or stand for, let it be lovingly and kindly said or done.
I say this with love, Future Christian. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Praise God for your new faith, Future Christian! Although, I think you should change your username, since you already believe in Jesus, you're a Christian right now!

I hope everything goes well for you, and you're able to come to the United States and meet some wonderful fellow believers and grow in Christ :)

You do not have to change your name or surname unless YOU decide to. People may make assumptions about you based on your name, but the ultimate decision is yours. Keeping your old name may open doors for you to tell your story about coming to Jesus more often :) Remember that America is a big mixture of all kinds of races, ethnicities, and cultures. Some areas and groups of people will be more accepting than others, you're just going to have to learn as you go once you arrive here. You'll probably encounter both very nice people, and very mean people; that's just how the world is.

Do you know what you want to study in college here? Or where you want to live?

Upvote 0