Everywhere
✟50,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
could be, but i'm talking about what do you think this person would do?

Like, maybe withdraw all troops and leave the terrorist to spawn, breed and increase?

Abandon Israel to fend for itself?

Maybe sign bills that would tax me for the rest of my life?

Create products here that no one will want anywhere in the world?

capisce?

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟816,720.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
What's the worst thing? He could convince you to follow him.

Like Hitler, Stalin, Edie Amin (sp?) and others throughout history. I think these men may not have been the Antichrist, but they were Antichrists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2Cosmic2Charlie

Like, maybe withdraw all troops and leave the terrorist to spawn, breed and increase?

capisce?

I understand that you're trying despriately to paint what you see as liberal stands to be the work of the devil but you're understanding of the nature of evil needs a little adjusting.

imo

Evil is pretty. Evil is charismatic and comes to you in easy to like and, at times, helpful ways.

Its suductive.

And patient.

The Anti-Christ is going to be likeable, capable and will unite people and gather them together.

and will then, bit by bit, in almost inperceptable ways, being enslaving people until they can be controlled and society changed to accept things they wouldn't have yesterday.

Two examples (One liberal, one conservative just to balance this conversation out)

Some say:

Accepting gay marriage in the name of equal protection is bowing to evil and those who accept it are deluded by evil.

Others say:

The neo-con use of the so called "Shock Doctrine" to condition people by use of fear and unite them in suspition of certain groups of people so that they can disregard Consitutional and legal protections to torture and wiretap people indiscriminately in bowing to evil and those who accept these thing are deluded.

See how evil works ?

You would go along with evil if it showed up on your doorstep showing itself for what it was.

It has to get your confidence and persuade you.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I understand that you're trying despriately to paint what you see as liberal stands to be the work of the devil but you're understanding of the nature of evil needs a little adjusting.

imo

Evil is pretty. Evil is charismatic and comes to you in easy to like and, at times, helpful ways.
Isnt there a certain charasmatic [something or other] who is popular? And ppl can't see the evil stemming from the mouth because it comes out smelling sweetly with lots of empty promises that alot of folks love?

Isn't that what you mean?

Life is ironic - and the forest cannot be seen for all those darn trees getting in the way.
Love ya.
Its suductive.

And patient.

The Anti-Christ is going to be likeable, capable and will unite people and gather them together.

and will then, bit by bit, in almost inperceptable ways, being enslaving people until they can be controlled and society changed to accept things they wouldn't have yesterday.

Two examples (One liberal, one conservative just to balance this conversation out)

Some say:

Accepting gay marriage in the name of equal protection is bowing to evil and those who accept it are deluded by evil.

Others say:

The neo-con use of the so called "Shock Doctrine" to condition people by use of fear and unite them in suspition of certain groups of people so that they can disregard Consitutional and legal protections to torture and wiretap people indiscriminately in bowing to evil and those who accept these thing are deluded.

See how evil works ?

You would go along with evil if it showed up on your doorstep showing itself for what it was.

It has to get your confidence and persuade you.

If you follow the Church - you won't be left to yourself.
And if you disregard the Church - you have already allowed yourself to be duped.

Just some ideas.

I mean - a polician can yack all they want and give me promises [which logically if they cannot be done then who cares what they yap about]
BUT if they advocate immorality - it's really evident they are not FOR Christ.

If they are not with Christ - they are against Him.

Now - Jesus was against gay marriage, murdering the unborn, or oppressing His followers in 'small ways that will eventually gain in momentum'...and He was very much against disregarding the Scriptures.

:scratch:

I have my opinion - but i think - to be honest - that whoever is the anti christ will also follow an anti christ religion that attacks His Church. That attacks His Divinity.

AND we do know the ANTI CHRIST will be human - because St John said even in his time - many anti christs were among them.

I dont think there is a single anti christ - but many.

BUT ONE in revelation will be a powerful leader.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic

capisce?

So this is tied to Israel as in Dispensationalism which the Church has denounced as a revival of the millenialism heresy?

Only Dispensationalists believe that there is a tie between the ant-christ and a literal nation of Israel.

The Church has denounced such a thing.

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Isnt there a certain charasmatic [something or other] who is popular? And ppl can't see the evil stemming from the mouth because it comes out smelling sweetly with lots of empty promises that alot of folks love?

Isn't that what you mean?

Life is ironic - and the forest cannot be seen for all those darn trees getting in the way.
Love ya.

If you follow the Church - you won't be left to yourself.
And if you disregard the Church - you have already allowed yourself to be duped.

Just some ideas.

I mean - a polician can yack all they want and give me promises [which logically if they cannot be done then who cares what they yap about]
BUT if they advocate immorality - it's really evident they are not FOR Christ.

If they are not with Christ - they are against Him.

Now - Jesus was against gay marriage, murdering the unborn, or oppressing His followers in 'small ways that will eventually gain in momentum'...and He was very much against disregarding the Scriptures.

:scratch:

I have my opinion - but i think - to be honest - that whoever is the anti christ will also follow an anti christ religion that attacks His Church. That attacks His Divinity.

AND we do know the ANTI CHRIST will be human - because St John said even in his time - many anti christs were among them.

I dont think there is a single anti christ - but many.

BUT ONE in revelation will be a powerful leader.

Revelation is an apocalyptic book - that is a genre of writing popular at the time John wrote this.

Apocalyptic writings are highly symbolic stories to tell of the ultimate triumph of good over evil, and christian apocalyptic writing is to tell of the ultimate triumph of God over evil.

The key is It's highly symbolic, and so it's symbolism should not be taken literall.

It sounds to me as though it is being read in the more literal manner of the dispenationalist . . . this would be a mistake.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.