Mar 16, 2013
Southampton, England
✟9,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 11:6 NKJV
And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

There is no such thing as false grace, grace is all about undeserved, unmerited and unearned favor and so it seems by Michael Collum's definition false grace is the law is which all about deserved favor. So why not just call a spade a spade?

Upvote 0

aWalkbyFaith

Sep 17, 2013
Austin, Texas
✟15,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Galatians 5:
4 "You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. 5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith."

Did Paul really mean that people fall away from grace when they abandon righteousness by faith? Isn't that what the whole argument about "hyper-grace" is really about? Can people reject forgiveness and grace?

Upvote 0

turned around

Sep 24, 2013
✟2,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Saved by grace through faith it so hard to understand because the "church world still teaches the law". I believe that the Lord wants this "doctrine grace" to be so easy to understand. I for countless year missed the simplicity of the message, I was at my wits end and then grace started to make sense. I had very little self righteousness left if any I was bankrupt. Then this wonderful grace kicked in. I really believed for a long time that something good could come out of my flesh. Then it started to dawn on me, why did Jesus die such a horrible death in the flesh.

Wow what a revealation was it because no good thing dwelled in my flesh. Was it that God's wrath was going to fall on me, and I really needed a Savior. My flesh would always come up with solutions that left out grace(unmerited favor). Pray more, work around the church, give more, read more, the list could go on and on. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, God's grace is not just for salvation it is suppose to encompass my whole life.

I need every last bit of what was accomplished on the cross. In my humanity I do not have a leg to stand on. But in the one who is totally God/Man, I have peace, acceptance, favor, holiness, and sanctification. I need the abundance of his grace and the gift of righteousness every day of my life. Call it what you want hyper-grace, or what ever I know that it ministers in my life. (Excited about grace)

Upvote 0

aWalkbyFaith

Sep 17, 2013
Austin, Texas
✟15,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Saved by grace through faith it so hard to understand because the "church world still teaches the law". I believe that the Lord wants this "doctrine grace" to be so easy to understand. I for countless year missed the simplicity of the message, I was at my wits end and then grace started to make sense. I had very little self righteousness left if any I was bankrupt. Then this wonderful grace kicked in. I really believed for a long time that something good could come out of my flesh. Then it started to dawn on me, why did Jesus die such a horrible death in the flesh.

Wow what a revealation was it because no good thing dwelled in my flesh. Was it that God's wrath was going to fall on me, and I really needed a Savior. My flesh would always come up with solutions that left out grace(unmerited favor). Pray more, work around the church, give more, read more, the list could go on and on. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, God's grace is not just for salvation it is suppose to encompass my whole life.

I need every last bit of what was accomplished on the cross. In my humanity I do not have a leg to stand on. But in the one who is totally God/Man, I have peace, acceptance, favor, holiness, and sanctification. I need the abundance of his grace and the gift of righteousness every day of my life. Call it what you want hyper-grace, or what ever I know that it ministers in my life. (Excited about grace)

Amen!

I don't believe that is "hyper-grace" at all. IMO, it sounds just like what Paul wrote about.

Perhaps "hyper-grace" is a person preaching that it's all fine and dandy to be sleeping with their father's wife and be boasting about it like the guy Paul had kicked out of the church?

Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2013
Southampton, England
✟9,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
aWalkbyFaith, It is just called grace but some people come out with all kinds of words like hyper grace, or cheap grace etc but that is just what Paul talked about all the time. Some people think that this grace is a new message and yet it has been in the bible all along.

Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
There is no such thing as false grace

Sure there is!

It's being taught in some places now (even in some Bible schools) that you can openly live in sin (just like the world), and never repent or ask for forgiveness so you can be cleansed according to 1 John 1:9 (just like the world)... and expect to go to Heavgen when you die.

This is false grace... because the New Testament does not teach this.

So, please argue with the New Testament...

Hebrews 10:22-30
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. (extreme grace teachers like to quote v.22 and imply that no matter your lifestyle you shouldn't be concerned about living in sin...but they never continue reading what is found below...or, they redefine sin as being no big deal - even being lovers of fleshly pleasure which is the Doctrine of the Nicolaitans which God hates as shown in Revelation 2:6, and 2:15)
Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,
But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongs unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

Isaiah 55:7
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

One prominent extreme grace teacher claims 1 John 1:9 was not written to Christians, and those that follow agree. Some even say we don't ever have to ask for forgiveness because Jesus removed all our sin and we are now sin free which contradicts 1 John 1, verses 8 and 10

2 Timothy 2:19
Nevertheless the foundation of God stands sure, having this seal, The Lord knows them that are His. And, Let every one that names the name of Christ depart from iniquity. (not just depart from sin, but from the internal desire to sin which requires renewing the mind and casting down thoughts of darkness)

*Note about "The Lord knows them that are His" - this is when we allow the Lord to come in to ever aspect of our lives and we become one with Him, endeavoring to be in agreement with Him and be led by Him in all we do. This is when we embrace the fact that the reason God created us was to be in fellowship with Him, so He can share Himself and all that His is and all that He has with us on a personal level... and we let Him in and allow Him to have His way with our life!

*Note about "The Lord knows them that are His" - this is why Jesus tells some Christians in the end to depart because He never knew them... they wanted Jesus to be their Savior, but they did not want Him to be their Lord and they refused the leading of the Spirit of Truth so they could live their lives they way they wanted to instead of finding new life in Christ Jesus.

*Note about "The Lord knows them that are His" - this is a covenant... Jesus has opened the way for us to come unto the Father and enjoy all that He is and all that He has - and Jesus desires to come unto us and enjoy all that we are and all that we have. God expects our relationship with Him to be a two way street of having equal access to each other.

Revelation 3:5
He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 2:11
He that overcomes shall not be hurt of the second death.

Romans 6:12-19
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

Upvote 0