pinkjess

There she goes...at the speed of sound
Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I know nobody here can help me but myself but I just need to talk and have no one I can rant to. My house is covered in mold and cockroaches and there is nothing I can do about it. I'm the only one who keeps the house clean (and do a poor job because I'm always fatigued) and nobody else helps keep the dishes clean. I feel like everyone expects me to clean everything and it is frustrating me. I am 22 years old, no job, no money, still living with my family and can't even drive. Never learned properly and can't get enough practice to feel comfortable with it. I feel like a loser. I'm tired of living in a dirty house, I want to move out but nobody thinks its a problem. God has been my only refuge through all of this. I need a hug. Just a hug will help.

I'm working on hopefully getting a GED, I already passed the English portion. Just need 3 more tests to pass. But when I get that, then what? I will still be living here in this dirty house (which is probably causing my health problems) while my dad moves out with his girlfriend and I am stuck. When I get a job all my money has to go to paying the house's bills while he pays mortgage. I don't want to live here though! I'm scared. Tonight I watch as my cat chases a roach around my room and it makes me feel so dirty.

I don't have any friends. Except my family, that is all the social interaction I get. I know I need to go to church but the social anxiety of it scares me to stay home instead. What a paradox right? The loneliness has been killing me. I get jealous when I see girls my age on my facebook having fun with their boyfriends and getting engaged, I feel like a loser. My social skills SUCK. I can't even look people in the eye and stutter like Porky Pig. I can't hold a conversation and end up looking awkward. yet I day dream of having a relationship a lot and yet I know I am not even mature or ready , and that hurts too.

I can't drive and I am 22 years old. I only have a permit, and can't get enough practice per week to feel comfortable to try for a license. My dad works a lot and comes home tired and can only take me once a week. I don't know anybody who would want to help me really , and I need to practice everyday and I can't.

I just feel like ranting. I know it is not Godly but I have been hurting lately and need to let it out. You don't have to give me advice, just tell me it will be okay. That is all I want.

Reactions: brinny

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟672,361.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Lord is with you and will help you through this difficult time. :groupray:

Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

Psalm 73 23-26

Reactions: pinkjess
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Here is a hug scripture---

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present not the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of Godthat is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
“May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father encourage you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say. God loved us, and through his grace he gave us a good hope and encouragement that continues forever.”2 Thessalonians2:16-17

Upvote 0

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-hugs tight- God works all things for the good of those who love Him. Things may change at a slow crawl (like it was for me and many others), but He will see you through and little by little, will help you overcome your fears and issues like He has for me. To be frank, reading your post felt like I was reading my past. I had no job, no license, lived with my family, and had terrible crippling anxiety and was socially awkward. But as I kept drawing near to God through reading His Word, praying like crazy (I had to ask Him to heal my anxieties and help me every day), singing to Him, etc., He slowly and gradually day by day, as unnoticeable as it was, it became evident that He was doing a mighty work in my life and that He heard my desperate prayers. I wanted Him to change my life for the better and help me with getting my driver's license. I think you need to take things one step at a time. For me, I had to practice talking on the phone with strangers/telemarketers who would call my house. I had to be comfortable with that and then I would force myself to interact/say hi to the cashier at the grocery store/fast food restaurant and become comfortable with that. Sometimes though, I have found that God wanted me to grow as a person and so..He would put me in situations where I was out of my comfort zone (a party invite that would 'randomly' pop up, etc.). Those things are good though. It helps us develop..and can even help us develop slightly more quickly than we expected. My advice is to get comfortable talking with people in real life. Maybe you can skype with your brothers & sisters in Christ on here using only voice chat. And then gradually move to video chat with someone you can trust. For me, my parents kept nagging me to get a job, so I kept applying to various jobs until I got an interview and eventually.. a part time job. I also had college and needed to upgrade my grades to be able to apply for nursing. All of these things.. God helped me through after seeking Him like crazy in prayer, His Word, singing.. etc. Just thought I'd share all of that to let you know that you're not alone in feeling and going through some of the things you're going through..and that God can and will help you too. I have a feeling He's already at work in your life. Also, venting is okay. It's therapeutic and helps us. It's a way for God to use others to encourage and support us when we feel like the burden is too much. It's also a way for God to say, "I know you feel overwhelmed, but come to Me (in prayer, in reading my Word, etc)..those who are tired and weary..and I will give you rest." ♥

Upvote 0

shelley1952

May 14, 2016
Illinois
✟8,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
HUGS AND MORE HUGS ! I know it doesnt seem like it now but things will be ok. I know from experience that I could give you a page full of scripture but I also know how thats not necessarily comforting right at this moment but Spirit Reborn had some really good ideas to get you going. I have never had the same problems exactly but I was painfully shy when I was your age and was all through school because I was made fun of for being so tall. I had to force myself to get out around anyone. When I was older I forced myself to go to church but would sit in a back corner alone but then one or two people would catch me before I could get out the side door after services and they were so nice to me that it helped to to start getting over my shyness. Even though it was hard to look someone in the eyes I decided that if I wanted my life to be different I had to change it myself, I had to determine in my mind to do it and after I really got to know the Lord He changed my life so dramatically I couldnt believe it was me. I have actually stood in front of a group of women and gave a Bible study, my mind would try to think...is this me doing this but I knew it was the Lords doing, I actually had fun doing the research for the study. Draw closer to Jesus, start somewhere, quit worrying about what anyone else thinks. May Jesus help you find some good christian friends in your area, hugs again.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,916.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: Bless yer heart.....praying for you, that God moooooves in His mighty and inexplicable way, to open new doors of blessings overflowing, and that He heals you everywhere you hurt, and that He provides what is necessary for you to follow His path for you that He formed since before the foundation of the world, and that He enables you to step down on that path and put one foot in front of the other, trusting Him, sister in Christ and much-beloved daughter of the Most High God. In the meantime, praying that He protects and defends you from anything or anyone that would do you harm, and that His blessings and His favor becomes evident in a tangible and concrete way, precious. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen (((hug)))

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A lot of people are weighed down and unhappy because they have expectations for their behavior that God does not have for them. It is probably impossible for you to behave "just as you are," because any sort of rejection that came as a result would be so painful. But it can be a comfort to you to examine what you are really like and how you behave when not under pressure. How often do you intentionally sin? Probably not much, so trust that you don't have to be any different to be 100% pleasing to the Lord. (He loves you extremely much just as you are, sinning and all, by the way, and that will never change.)

It may be that you will have to be patient waiting for the Lord's help for a lot of things. He is using everything for your long-term benefit. This is one reason Paul tells us to give thanks in all circumstances (although it can be nearly impossible sometimes). If you can continue to work on your G.E.D., you can feel proud of yourself. In fact, whenever you choose to trust God or what God said, even a little, you are doing well and will not fall.

Try to focus on the blessings God has given you and will give you in the future, rather than your troubles. Jesus has chosen to live with you and to help you no matter what happens.

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. (Colossians 3:1-4, 1984 NIV)

Be sure you are persistent in praying and asking God for both big things and small things that you want. He wants you to be happy! See 1 Timothy 6:17, Psalm 37:4, Revelation 21:4, 2 Chronicles 20:15, Exodus 14:14, and I always find Isaiah 40 uplifting.

... the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:12b-13, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
...just tell me it will be okay. ...

it will be okay :)

how fast it will be ok is dependent on what you focus on though. for example; instead of fighting off rats as you live under a bridge, you have a house to live in (and a cat to fight the roaches for you). instead of having no companion at all, you have a faithful cat that loves you even when you are at your worst. instead of fishing through dumpsters behind restaurants on the chance that you might find some stinky food to eat from stranger's plates, you eat good food regularly. instead of working 3 jobs in order to sleep in a dry place and stay warm, you have time to study for a GED and learn to drive - and most importantly, time to study God's word, and learn how to be led by Him. that last part is key - He wants you to be successful! what makes Him look good to others is when you prosper and are in good health!

Jos 1:8-9 KJV
(8) This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
(9) Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Php 4:8 KJV
(8) Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

anyone can focus on what they don't have that's good and do have that's bad - all you have to do to stay in this frame of mind is nothing. it takes effort to focus on what you do have that's good and don't have that's bad.

change your focus to God's word, and you'll change your life :)

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1Co 2:9 But it is just as the Scriptures say, "What God has planned for people who love him is more than eyes have seen or ears have heard. It has never even entered our minds!"

In your heart you may feel glumb, but know even though you don't yet see, feel, or can not imagine any good coming to you, know God's plans are greater than your worry or fears or doubts.

God is always the same
For you He will make it plain
Though once in loss and toil we walked
He bought us out, although our lips had often talked
We felt abandoned, sad, and unheard
Yet He saved us, gave us that for which our heart yearned
Worry not oh child of the LORD
For God has heard the prayer you have poured

Upvote 0