South Carolina
✟27,848.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So once again I'm coming to y'all for some good ole prayer!

I'm looking into taking a Nursing Assistant class at a local nursing home to become a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) . I called to get some information today and basically they flat out told me it was very hard to get in. They have a new class every 2 weeks. They have over 400 applicants and only 5 people are chosen for each class. That's not very good odds in my favor I know but I'm going to apply tomorrow for this.

The great thing about this program is that it's toally FREE! They actually pay you to work while training if I understood correctly. It would truly be a great opporunity for me if I can get in. I've looked into other programs in my area and I now know why everyone applies to this one. The other programs are close to 600$ to take. So, they're out.

Just pray that the Lord will open or close this door. I've been thinking about this for years and thinking about getting into nursing. I would like to do this to get my feet wet and see if It would be something I would enjoy before pursuing nursing.

Thanks so much y'all. I love y'all very much!:hug:

Reactions: Reneemo4

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So once again I'm coming to y'all for some good ole prayer!

I'm looking into taking a Nursing Assistant class at a local nursing home to become a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) . I called to get some information today and basically they flat out told me it was very hard to get in. They have a new class every 2 weeks. They have over 400 applicants and only 5 people are chosen for each class. That's not very good odds in my favor I know but I'm going to apply tomorrow for this.

The great thing about this program is that it's toally FREE! They actually pay you to work while training if I understood correctly. It would truly be a great opporunity for me if I can get in. I've looked into other programs in my area and I now know why everyone applies to this one. The other programs are close to 600$ to take. So, they're out.

Just pray that the Lord will open or close this door. I've been thinking about this for years and thinking about getting into nursing. I would like to do this to get my feet wet and see if It would be something I would enjoy before pursuing nursing.

Thanks so much y'all. I love y'all very much!:hug:

I did the CNA course through my local college and also had to do 2 weeks internship at a nursing home.

If you can survive the internship, you will be fine. But that will be the hardest part as working in a nursing home is... I'm not gonna lie, its horrible. Worst experience of my life and that is saying something.

Make sure they don't have you sign something agreeing to the effect that you will work for them for a year in order to take the course. That is a pretty common approach that you do not want to be stuck in.

Also, will they pay for your actual certification test?

Good luck! I hope you love it :)

Upvote 0

PeculiarTreasure

Mishief Mangaged
Feb 3, 2007
South Carolina
✟27,848.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I did the CNA course through my local college and also had to do 2 weeks internship at a nursing home.

If you can survive the internship, you will be fine. But that will be the hardest part as working in a nursing home is... I'm not gonna lie, its horrible. Worst experience of my life and that is saying something.

Make sure they don't have you sign something agreeing to the effect that you will work for them for a year in order to take the course. That is a pretty common approach that you do not want to be stuck in.

Also, will they pay for your actual certification test?

Good luck! I hope you love it :)

Thanks Amber. :)Honestly, I'm not much of a nursing home person. I'd prefer the hosptial actually but I figured 2-3 weeks of my life. . .if I don't like it then I don't have to use it. I know it's not the most glamorous job either but hey...I have to try.

Thanks for sharing that! I'll def. keep my eyes open for that.

It's one of the nicer nursing homes in my town so I'm hoping it won't be that bad.

Yes, they pay for the testing as well. :)

Upvote 0