✟12,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well...it's that time of year again!!! :D:amen:

Sooooo....how did everyone's semester go? Classes you loved, classes you hated, good grades, bad grades? How many of you are graduating?! So many questions! I guess I'm just celebrating the end of my freshman year!!! woot! woot!

aunt_kelly

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2007
✟12,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'll answer my own question!

My year went well! I started at a community college in the fall semester, only took 10 credits, very laid back. I ended up with a 4.0, but I really didn't like it that much. So, I switched to my current college, a bible college! I looooovveeed it! I really liked almost all of my classes (except music appreciation, yuck!) and all of my profs. I ended up with a 3.87 GPA which is way better than I expected for my first semester in a brand new environment!

Interested to hear how everyone else's year went!

Upvote 0

lenac03

Feb 13, 2007
Colorado
✟15,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Wow. A 3.87 is really good. Almost no one at my school has above a 3.5. In fact, companies routinely weight our GPA by 0.5-1 point. I ended this semester with a 3.28 GPA, raising my cumulative to a 3.185 (from a 3.17...once you get this far it's hard to move it much). I have one more semester to go. And 210 days until I graduate.

Upvote 0

Isomorphic410

Mar 23, 2007
Indiana
✟8,006.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Pretty well, I didn't try nearly as hard as I could have and wound up with a C+ in calculus.. I pretty much gave up about halfway through. I got a 3.4 last semester and a 3.5 this semester (would have been higher but I got a B in Finite math), and a 3.45 for the year. I'm done with math classes forever and from here on out its mostly business classes, which I've done pretty well in (A- is the lowest I've had in a business class so far). Hopefully sophomore year goes even better, I'm trying to get into this Investment Banking Workshop my University's business school offers, and a 3.5 is required.

I'm already missing college, but I'm glad I'm making some $$$ for rent next year :)

Upvote 0

emmanemena

Veteran
May 16, 2007
Melbourne
✟9,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
I'm in Australia and my Semester finishes next week. I'm studying Engineering, I'm in my 3rd year out of 4 so am starting to get to the really in depth subjects. I still seem to be going alright but we'll see the real results in a few weeks, after my exams, when the results are released.

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Well...it's that time of year again!!! :D:amen:

Sooooo....how did everyone's semester go? Classes you loved, classes you hated, good grades, bad grades? How many of you are graduating?! So many questions! I guess I'm just celebrating the end of my freshman year!!! woot! woot!

Congrats on your first succesful year in college! :thumbsup:

Classes ended in March for me; I enjoyed my classes, got all A's, and graduated on May 5th.

Upvote 0

lenac03

Feb 13, 2007
Colorado
✟15,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi,
I'm in Australia and my Semester finishes next week. I'm studying Engineering, I'm in my 3rd year out of 4 so am starting to get to the really in depth subjects. I still seem to be going alright but we'll see the real results in a few weeks, after my exams, when the results are released.
Engineering is awesome! What kind of engineering are you studying?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WithoutAnInvitation

May 16, 2007
Boston, MA
Visit site
✟7,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
My sophomore year just ended last week.

I got a B in Acoustics of Music (most pointless class ever), and a B+ in Intro to Business (don't know how!).

This semester was crazy. I enjoyed it, but towards the end, I began missing my freshman year more and more. It was good times.

Upvote 0