Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You are right there are a variety of agnostic positions and attitudes. Agnosticism is quite a complex topic. The question of God approached philosophically has become an incredibly complex one over the last 500 years or longer. Its not always a philosophic issue either sometimes it can be attitudinal.

I think some experience of cognitive disonance is common. I'd guess most people experience it, including scientists in their work. It means that a current way of looking at, or thinking about things no longer comprehends all the data.

Josef Pieper has written a very good treatise called Faith, Hope, Love - I've been reading it on and off for a while. However his approach and language is a bit alien to the tradition I grew up in.
That is true. The colloquial meaning of agnostic is a person who hasn't made up his/her mind. The philosophical meanings are more various as mentioned by @ViaCrucis in post #16.

Philosophy isn't a strong area for me, so I can't comment on the other ideas in your post.

Upvote 0