1. Saying Goodbye to a Great Staffer: Edial
    Please help me wish Edial a wonderful blessed journey as he steps down from CF staff.
    His footprint on our ministry will always remain but his presence will be greatly missed. I'm sure he will come around as a member to all his favorite forums but for now please join me at his profile page to wish him many thanks for the years of service he has brought to us all.
    All of us on CF staff will miss him dearly!!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to tell if its signs of God or... other things?

Discussion in 'Singles (only*)' started by anwabe89, May 12, 2010.

1. anwabe89

anwabe89 Guest

Its been 2 years since i have golfed and i used to be good... well God laid it on me and i golf every day i can! I was praying one day about my future and the next day is when i felt the bombshell to golf... could it be a sign of a future in golf? am i looking at this wrong? I used to just golf and not enjoy but now i love it... think God just enjoys me golfing? or could there be a future? Just want some insight.. I never know if I look at things wrong so maybe someone could help with that too..

2. I felt led to buy a Bugatti Veyron the other day.

3. PeculiarTreasure

PeculiarTreasure Mishief Mangaged

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Baptist
    Only you and God can figure that one out. My advice? Pray about it. He may not answer right away but eventually He will. :)

Also, peace is huge thing. If you have peace about it it's most likely from God but if something "just doesn't feel right" it's probably not the best thing to do.

Hope this helps.
    :)

4. Marycita

Marycita Guest

There's actually lyrics in a song that I think are pretty good guidelines for this kind of thing....

If it's got love
    If it's got peace
    That's the only way that I can believe it
    If it leads me to the light
    If it's got joy
    If it's got truth
    Something that's gonna take a little faith to do
    To make the pieces fit
    God is in it

...from Point of Grace's "God is in it"

:)

5. anwabe89

anwabe89 Guest

sweet! well.. i think God is telling me something then.. Golfing has done wonders for me so far and I do find peace and God when I am golfing. I also pray about it everyday! soo I will keep praying! I just hope there is a future because I feel kids need someone to look up to who is someone that praises God publicly!

6. Tamara224

Tamara224 New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Charismatic
    I was just thinking about this the other day - about how do we know if a word is from God?

And I was reminded that in the Bible a lot of times when a prophet came and said "this is going to happen" he also said "and this is how you will know it will happen" and it was something like "both of your sons will die on the same day" or "you will be struck mute" or something.

And there was Gideon who asked God to give him confirmation with the fleece.

I've tossed a coin before when I'm not sure what God wants me to do. I ask God to direct the outcome and then trust that He will.

Also, personally, I wish God would tell me to be a pro golfer. He'd need to make me a lot better, though. :D

7. Thunder Peel

Thunder Peel Did you build the smellascope ?

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't want to discourage you but I do urge you to use caution here. Music is a HUGE passion of mine and for most of my life I felt that God was calling me to that career. Playing music brings me a sense of peace and joy that I don't really get from doing anything else but after years of praying and trying to make it happen I failed time and time again. I felt a huge peace about it but God had other plans and at this point it looks like it will be nothing more than a hobby.

It could be that God is calling you to golf professionally and if so then that's great. However, I was confident about my calling and had a great peace about it and it fell through, so my advice is to be cautious and don't set your hopes too high because God may have other plans. If that's true then nothing you do can make it work and you may end up mad at God or at yourself; I know because I've been there.

As a fellow golfer I wish you the best of luck. Just be open to the idea that God may not have the same plans.:)

8. Blank123

Blank123 Legend

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Catholic
  9. anwabe89

anwabe89 Guest

Yeah I understand that this could be nothing more then a hobby for me too.