The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like where he says "I can only point the way, I have no formula..." A good reminder that most of our faith is following signs and those who broke the trail for us.

Thanks for posting this.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like the part where he says "who am I to tell you, ........?". He's on their level, not condescending.
Non-authoritarian humility...something in short supply among a lot of clergy and religious "leaders".

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Non-authoritarian humility...something in short supply among a lot of clergy and religious "leaders".
I don't mind being told the rules. But its how people tell you the rules. How someone speaks to you, indicates their level of respect for you. That they've taken your feelings, your point of view into consideration. Just because you are in a position of power, doesn't mean you can show contempt for others.
It's a lesson for us all when we communicate.

Reactions: Martinius
Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't mind being told the rules. But its how people tell you the rules. How someone speaks to you, indicates their level of respect for you. That they've taken your feelings, your point of view into consideration. Just because you are in a position of power, doesn't mean you can show contempt for others.
It's a lesson for us all when we communicate.
I too respect someone in legitimate authority or who can speak with authority. It is those who hold their authority over you without gaining respect who I have a problem with. Or who think that their position of authority makes them better than everyone else. Jesus made a point of deflating that idea several times, up to when he washed the feet of his disciples.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums